View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.04.2011, 10:11Posts: 12 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Howto make AI melee attack the player
PostPosted 08.11.2011, 00:12 
Hi guys,

i need some help setting up an AI Enemy.
What i want is that this enemy runs to the player and attacks him with melee attacks.
So i don't know which commands to use in the flow graph.
Any ideas?

Thx,
Shadow

Post Topic: Re: Howto make AI melee attack the player
PostPosted 29.11.2011, 13:22 
An example flowgraph would still be helpful ;-)
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 04.12.2011, 13:56Posts: 267Location: East Sussex, United Kingdom Likes: 6

PostPosted 09.12.2011, 09:16 
Yea,

that would be interesting, I´d like to know that too.

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 19.08.2011, 10:04Posts: 178Location: Prague, Czech Rep. Likes: 1

PostPosted 09.12.2011, 11:30 
Best way is to do it in AI behavior otherwise AI will colide with flowgraph. Or if you got AI already supporting melee attacks then in flowgraph remove ranged weapon from inventory and ai should switch to melee attack
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 04.12.2011, 13:56Posts: 267Location: East Sussex, United Kingdom Likes: 6

PostPosted 10.12.2011, 07:54 
Okay,

what behaviour would I need?? My grunts only run away from me, but if I go really close they hit me. I need them to attack mindlessly.

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die

PostPosted 13.12.2011, 13:33 
Quote by DoS:
Okay,
what behaviour would I need?? My grunts only run away from me, but if I go really close they hit me. I need them to attack mindlessly.

That's also my problem. Thy just attack when i stand directly in front or beside them. Otherwise they run away...

PostPosted 14.12.2011, 17:41 
Yea, got that 2.Weird.

Probably gotta "lock" them in some sort of area, then flowgraph them.

Justr don´t know how.I´ll check some of the zombie FG´s available on the internet.

DoS

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9841Location: Finland Likes: 170

PostPosted 14.12.2011, 17:50 
Try the different Characters that can be found in the AI's properties. "Cover" is a very cautious character that tries to run away, "Guard" seems more aggressive for example, and "SuperDumb" doesn't really react to the player at all etc. I can't remember right now which one would be the best for an aggressive melee character.

PostPosted 17.12.2011, 11:16 
Been trying multiple characters, but most of them do even less. They just look at u.

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 17.12.2011, 18:49 
Try suitHurricane. Change his behavior to "suit hurricane" also.

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.09.2011, 02:22Posts: 10 Likes: 0

PostPosted 17.12.2011, 21:09 
i did something like this to try to learn the flowgraph and i had the same problem getting the ai to attack me with fists without caring about anything else. i ended up using the ai gotospeedstance node with force ignore all on and aishootat with ignore all too and i looped the aigotospeedstance succeed output to one of the logic any nodes. it works sometimes but i think the ai is kinda buggy other times.

PostPosted 18.12.2011, 15:55 
Hmm...I´ll try the tip with the suit.

The idea with the FG sounds kinda buggy.

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die

PostPosted 18.12.2011, 16:37 
Thanks Andrey, got them moving. It works.

Only prob is that they are a bit slow and to weak.

How can I make them run faster??

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 19.12.2011, 10:29 
Sometime ago i wanted to have fun to fight ai on fists. I did the next: Created new items pack with only fists, gave it to suithurricane ai (get him as entity/grunt and provide analogic to archetype nanosuit params), increased attack range, FOV, reaction and something else in ai params. Change its behaviour to suithurricane too. After it i made fg which manage ai to ai/execute/sprint_combat to player (if player is in range more than say 2 m from ai) and stopped his running when in range less than 2 m. So way ai behaved himself as natural as he may behave himself according to default Crysis settings without changing any melee attack params of this character. He always runned to me by fg, stopped near me by fg and attacked cause of his character. More advanced scheme may be created using scripts editing or even game code, but i didnt do it with melee ever.

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!

PostPosted 19.12.2011, 17:45 
Thanks, I´ll try that.

What do u mean with following sentence: get him as entity/grunt and provide analogic to archetype nanosuit params ??

I don´t really want to start messing with scripts or game code, especially as changing the CryEngine isn´t allowed( i think)

DoS

AEGIS Support

Main Project:
Crysis Mod Patcher

Test Projects:
Left 2 Die