View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.07.2011, 01:13Posts: 13 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Change location of assists.
PostPosted 08.08.2012, 16:09 
Hi, i have a question :D
I have to change the location of my additional assists, which I have used in a level. Is there a possibility to update the location of all mashs and materials in the whole level? It would be very arduous to update all brushs and entities manuel.
My first idee was to open the .cry with a text editor and use "Find & Replace" but the .cry-file is decoded :(

My english is not the best, I hope it's all understandable.

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11939Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 733

Post Topic: Re: Change location of assists.
PostPosted 08.08.2012, 16:18 
The CRY file is decoded? Doubt it. You mean encoded/encrypted i guess?
Yeah you need to manually update each MTL file, either by using the Material Editor or Notepad, remember to save the MTL files :/

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.07.2011, 01:13Posts: 13 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Change location of assists.
PostPosted 08.08.2012, 16:54 
Yes, I mean encoded/encrypted :D
There are no tools to edit the mesh- and mtl-location from all objects in the level by a specific algorithm like "Search & Replace" or so? The changes from the location of the texture files in materials is not the biggest problem, this are not so mutch, the problem are the entities and bruchs in the level.

It would be nice, if there would be added a feature to make some changes like this easier. I will now update all objects manuel. My level is fortunately not so large but large enough to have mutch work to do.

My english is not the best, I hope it's all understandable.