View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.12.2011, 07:04Posts: 31 Likes: 0

Post Topic: How to Edit/Create Character in Cryengine 3
PostPosted 25.12.2011, 10:35 
I need More Character for AI ?! I am Using Character Editor I do Not Understand ?! Please :D :puppy:

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.12.2011, 15:42Posts: 5Location: Australia Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: How to Edit/Create Character in Cryengine 3
PostPosted 25.12.2011, 16:08 
Yeah I could also use a little help with this, I have no idea how to get my own characters into the level as AI and stuff. Thanks :)

PostPosted 26.12.2011, 16:43 
Me Too !? :cheesy:
User avatar   Honourable Member Honourable MemberMember since: 01.11.2010, 15:28Posts: 605Location: Orlando, FL Likes: 10

PostPosted 04.01.2012, 22:33 
If you drag an AI into your level, for example a Civilian or a Grunt, you can change the character model that he is using. This is the simplest way of getting your characters ingame as AI.
Simply select the newly added AI character, look on the right side in the entity properties and find the entry "model". The is even a file open button next to it - point it to your own cdf file and it will be used instead of the default SDK character.

PostPosted 06.01.2012, 14:19 
Quote by Cry-Mika:
If you drag an AI into your level, for example a Civilian or a Grunt, you can change the character model that he is using. This is the simplest way of getting your characters ingame as AI.
Simply select the newly added AI character, look on the right side in the entity properties and find the entry "model". The is even a file open button next to it - point it to your own cdf file and it will be used instead of the default SDK character.

Thanks Cry-Mika ! Now I Modified AI to Ultimate Soldier

Sorry for Bad English !

Thx ! :xmas: :))
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 21.12.2011, 14:24Posts: 200Location: Holland Likes: 2

PostPosted 24.06.2012, 12:44 
Quote by Cry-Mika:

that would work for human AI models, but how about animals or other custom models?
And what about a couple of different animals?
If I put in the grunt entity it will always use the grunt scripts, while different animals models will need different scripts as far as I understood.
any advice on that?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 12.02.2009, 20:09Posts: 53 Likes: 1

PostPosted 26.06.2012, 20:02 
Hi!
I am just an amateur, but you have edit script there and it opens .lua file.
I suggest that you just copy paste it and tell the model to use that script.
Then make modifications.
I am not sure if this is, how is this done but I think that this is the easy way.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 20.11.2007, 21:07Posts: 775Location: Germany Likes: 50

PostPosted 13.07.2012, 21:41 
Quote by Rinz:
Quote by Cry-Mika:

that would work for human AI models, but how about animals or other custom models?
And what about a couple of different animals?
If I put in the grunt entity it will always use the grunt scripts, while different animals models will need different scripts as far as I understood.
any advice on that?

it is a big pain trying to use custom characters such as animals or other ones with own animation graph! I am messing with this for more than one month and cannot get it working. I have used the grunt.lua file as a base and added an entry for animation graph with the related path, but I am always getting this error:

[Warning] [Lua Error] scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua:2388: attempt to index field 'actor' (a nil value)
> IsDead, (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 2388)
> (null) (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 1073)
> (null) ([C]: -1)
> IsDead, (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 2388)
> (null) (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 1073)

I am not sure how to approach this problem, but I have also tried to use other methods like the 'ChangeAnimgraph' flownode, which actually does not work!! Is it possible to have multiple animation graphs inside the grunt.lua file for example? Or an option which allows us to change the graph?!?
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 28.07.2011, 12:22Posts: 549Location: Hong Kong, and sometimes mainland China Likes: 2

PostPosted 14.07.2012, 12:15 
I think this tutorial series is mainly for player-characters, but you might find it useful:

http://seithcg.com/wordpress/?page_id=1230
http://seithcg.com/wordpress/?page_id=1303
http://seithcg.com/wordpress/?page_id=1338

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.01.2013, 06:51Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 14.02.2013, 10:13 
Hello,
Could you please tell me a website were I can get character models for cry engine 3 or a tutorial which is under 30 minutes.
User avatar   Honourable Member Honourable MemberMember since: 01.11.2010, 15:28Posts: 605Location: Orlando, FL Likes: 10

PostPosted 21.02.2013, 17:30 
The ChangeAnimGraph FG node works, as does setting the graph in the LUA script. I am using both in my own project. I would suspect that there is something else you might be doing wrong.