Tools Feedback & Support

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.06.2010, 21:31Posts: 21Location: SouthGermany Likes: 0

Post Topic: Downloadable Sandbox³-Documents?
PostPosted 03.07.2011, 04:35 
Due an actual lack of internet accessibility at my new home after moving a month ago through germany, a downloadable version of the Sandbox³-Documents I would realy appreciate!
Is there a way to make this possible?

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 10.04.2011, 23:37Posts: 302 Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Downloadable Sandbox³-Documents?
PostPosted 03.07.2011, 07:08 
Not that I'm aware of. Only accessible via the intraweb

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.09.2008, 22:14Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 11:09 
With WinHTTrack you can download the whole documentation and view / read it offline afterwards. Just do a google search for it.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.06.2010, 21:31Posts: 21Location: SouthGermany Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 12:24 
Quote by Ensi Ferrum:
With WinHTTrack you can download the whole documentation and view / read it offline afterwards. Just do a google search for it.

Thank you! Worked for me - maybe someone of the Crymod-Staff should make this thread sticky :D
Thanks again!
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 10.04.2011, 23:37Posts: 302 Likes: 1

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 18:42 
Quote by Ensi Ferrum:

Nice! Thanks for sharing that.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 03.12.2007, 11:55Posts: 816Location: In a house somewhere on Planet Earth... I Think Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 19:52 
Appreciate the advise, it would be useful if a PDF version was available for download too. BTW will there be official How To videos soon? I am sure someone will do unofficial ones on YouTube soon ;)
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.09.2008, 22:14Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.07.2011, 11:17 
I think Adobe Acrobat can generate pdf's from a whole website. Will have a look at it this evening.

Edit:
Sorry guys, no luck with my Acrobat. A single page is no problem, but a whole site.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 03.12.2007, 11:55Posts: 816Location: In a house somewhere on Planet Earth... I Think Likes: 0

PostPosted 07.07.2011, 21:39 
I am sure that some-one will create a PDF version for us, I do have software, I will check if it will do the whole site ;)
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 30.04.2010, 14:42Posts: 714Location: Russia Likes: 22

PostPosted 07.07.2011, 22:44 
Would be awesome, but one question though: does .pdf support internal hyperlinks?

It's an important issue since navigation within wiki documentation is often non-linear, you are visiting some article from the basics section, then, from the hyperlinked feature mentioned in it, you move to some asset creation article, and onwards to some Sandbox-related article after that. :)

It's the same situation as it is with dictionaries and manuals in book form, which are obsolete and inconvenient to navigate without the search and hyperlinks.
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.07.2009, 06:18Posts: 253 Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.07.2011, 17:29 
not that I'm ungrateful to crymod/crytek for the online documentation, but is there actually a free complete guide to create map/level that is more advanced (&and involving creating real levels) than the online documentation provided? the documentation is rather underwhelming...

PostPosted 08.07.2011, 21:43 
Quote by nap007rz:
not that I'm ungrateful to crymod/crytek for the online documentation, but is there actually a free complete guide to create map/level that is more advanced (&and involving creating real levels) than the online documentation provided? the documentation is rather underwhelming...

Are you asking for a more comprehensive manual? I am sure that more advanced documents will be released in the near future, it may come from the community rather than crytek themselves, judging from what has happened before.
The "how to" currently on offer is an update of the previous version of the sandbox manual, with extra bits added. I think it should be good enough for anyone to get started, half the fun is discovering for yourself what the engine can actually do, and then posting your findings on the forum to share with others.
Having already used the previous version of sandbox, I should still be able to create decent maps with the newer version, if anything Crytek has made things simpler and easier, I look forward to the challenge ;)