View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 07.05.2011, 05:20Posts: 76 Likes: 2

Post Topic: Stargate - Coming Soon To Cryengine 3
PostPosted 28.04.2012, 13:58 
Hi Everyone.

Ive found my interest in modelling weapons again and I am hoping to create a Stargate themed game using cryengine 3.

My intent for the time been is to simply release one level, something like those two environments
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/504/ ... _0009.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s3/309/ ... 9_007.html

The two teams will be Jaffa and SGC. In this version there won't be any special stories or anything like that, they will just be the normal mp gamemodes, like DM, TDM, TKOTH.

Depending on how well this "Teaser" is recieved and the interest in the project, Ill decide to create its single player.
In saying this we have discussed alot of features that we would like to build into this.

Below are some WIP
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

If you are interested in creating this game with me, Please post below.

Foxhound
Project Reality 2
Development Team

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.12.2011, 08:44Posts: 860 Likes: 18

Post Topic: Re: Stargate - Coming Soon To Cryengine 3
PostPosted 28.04.2012, 14:47 
wow amazing gun,i think this should be in recruitment thread...
good luck ^^

Portfolio
"As far as assets go, your vegitation is pretty good" -Ryan Schake [Themodman101]
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 05.04.2012, 14:13Posts: 253 Likes: 10

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 15:40 
You have a PM :)

Intel i5-2500K 4x@4.9GHz@EKWB Supremacy Nickel water block
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 @Z68
Gigabyte HD 7950 @ 1100MHz/6000MHz@Alphacool NexXxos ATXP water block
24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL10
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.10.2008, 11:28Posts: 388Location: India Likes: 0

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 16:01 
Are you the same foxhound from the BSG mod?

RE
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.12.2011, 06:56Posts: 18Location: Colorado Likes: 0

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 18:09 
This would be great! I am actually watching Stargate at this exact moment...

Friendly Neighbor Game Developer.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.03.2006, 21:50Posts: 94 Likes: 0

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 18:39 
This brings back some memories. I'd really love to see a Stargate themed game!
It's good decision to go for a teaser level first and I really like your enviroment choice. The older SG-1 Episodes with forest enviroments were always my favourites.
Also good work so far with the weapons,...the lineup seems pretty much complete to me.

I'm currently entertaining myself with practising terrain creation using Mudbox, so if you could need help in this field, as a Stargate fan, I'd be happy to offer some of my time. Besides that, I could also help with asset creation and maybe even programming if I feel like it.
If you are interested, please send me a PM or a mail (pegwellbay@googlemail.com).
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 21.10.2011, 23:50Posts: 1731 Likes: 7

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 18:52 
KEEP UP THAT **** WORK !!! I LOVE STARGATE!

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 23:55 
Thanks mate, We sure hope we can get something released
Quote by NeoLegends:
KEEP UP THAT **** WORK !!! I LOVE STARGATE!

Yeah, we discussed previously about going and writing stories etc, but its such a big universe, you simply get lost. I will be sure to contact you, wont back down from any help been offered :D
Quote by Lek][Revan:
This brings back some memories. I'd really love to see a Stargate themed game!
It's good decision to go for a teaser level first and I really like your enviroment choice. The older SG-1 Episodes with forest enviroments were always my favourites.
Also good work so far with the weapons,...the lineup seems pretty much complete to me.

I'm currently entertaining myself with practising terrain creation using Mudbox, so if you could need help in this field, as a Stargate fan, I'd be happy to offer some of my time. Besides that, I could also help with asset creation and maybe even programming if I feel like it.
If you are interested, please send me a PM or a mail (pegwellbay@googlemail.com).

Hi Rover, I actually worked on a BSG mod, but it didnt go anywhere. Not sure if its the same one?

Quote by Rover Eye:
Are you the same foxhound from the BSG mod?

RE

Yeah this was actually fueled the renewed "interest" in creating a stargate game.
Quote by BloodBrothers:
This would be great! I am actually watching Stargate at this exact moment...

Foxhound
Project Reality 2
Development Team
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 13.12.2011, 19:25Posts: 511Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 00:06 
I understand there is an Stargate Mod in WIP, StarCry...In a very advanced stage..I think

The only thing I can do for this proyect, is all the traslation to spanish...

Now, How do you gonna replicate the Stargate and the DHD with exquisite details?
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 05.04.2012, 14:13Posts: 253 Likes: 10

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 00:15 
Quote by Psychoisalive:
I understand there is an Stargate Mod in WIP, StarCry...In a very advanced stage..I think

The only thing I can do for this proyect, is all the traslation to spanish...

Now, How do you gonna replicate the Stargate and the DHD with exquisite details?

Sadly all they do is keep pushing the release date forward and forward without informing anyone about the current status of their mod.. And it's not only Stargate, it's generally speaking sci-fi related

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 13.12.2011, 19:25Posts: 511Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 00:39 
Quote by The Art of War:
Sadly all they do is keep pushing the release date forward and forward without informing anyone about the current status of their mod.

Agree 100%..The Starcry is a very closed and silent team

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 00:49 
for the gate, it will take alot of time and crits to get it looking to the spec and liking of stargate fans, That is just something we have to get right.

Foxhound
Project Reality 2
Development Team
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 09.12.2004, 00:44Posts: 169Location: Paris Likes: 3

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 10:40 
Quote by The Art of War:
And it's not only Stargate, it's generally speaking sci-fi related

The current status is on the official website in french (the dev is over since last year, we are debugging / fixing gameplay), and we answer all the questions on moddb (crydev is not very active). We made a beta of each level and the pre-release version with all the levels is planned for next month, one or two weeks before the release.

We are not like other teams, we don't show untextured models (we made ~2000 new models), we don't need concept arts... It's generating a lot of useless comments if it's online and if the design is the same as something existing. I don't think that communicating on everything is good, 95% of the projects doing this are never released because it's only for showing modeling skills. Modeling something : 2h, showing it on a forum + replies : 1h. And if you add the time for preview videos, renders, screenshots or tutorials, PMs... Last week i spent two days doing screenshots and videos, this is not very productive. An update every day or week is not the solution if you don't have someone only for this task (we are only two dev for starcry). At the beginning we made a lot of updates, concept videos etc, and all we can remember about that are bad comments. We had to change a lot of things and remove most of the easter eggs and funny models, to make the mod more serious (and the dev a little bit boring). I'm not sure that the mod is better, and that followers should have a word on every step. But developping a solo mod is two times longer than a MP mod (IA, story, gameplay, cinematics...).

So, i think that the priority is the mod itself, and that we can talk about it after the release, on every game related website ! You don't need publicity during development if it's free. A lot of big companies are only communicating on their games when they are close to the release ("here it is, play it or not!"), and later with patches, medias, consoles/PCs adaptations and DLCs.

Quote by The Art of War:

Only 7 or 8 models with a similar design. It's not a SG related mod. But with a little bit of imagination it could be very close. StarCry is only a solo mod, but a crysis 3 MP version is planned (we will create an official modding team and give them models / sources).

Because when you read a news on crydev with a beautifull CG model (new heads, weapons...), most of the time the artist don't know how to make it playable and this is never released.
My advice for this mod : don't update it too much, don't show untextured / not in-game models, don't recruit someone you don't personally know if there is more than 3 monthes of work.

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 14:01 
Quote by MMX:
Quote by The Art of War:

The current status is on the official website in french (the dev is over since last year, we are debugging / fixing gameplay), and we answer all the questions on moddb (crydev is not very active). We made a beta of each level and the pre-release version with all the levels is planned for next month, one or two weeks before the release.

We are not like other teams, we don't show untextured models (we made ~2000 new models), we don't need concept arts... It's generating a lot of useless comments if it's online and if the design is the same as something existing. I don't think that communicating on everything is good, 95% of the projects doing this are never released because it's only for showing modeling skills. Modeling something : 2h, showing it on a forum + replies : 1h. And if you add the time for preview videos, renders, screenshots or tutorials, PMs... Last week i spent two days doing screenshots and videos, this is not very productive. An update every day or week is not the solution if you don't have someone only for this task (we are only two dev for starcry). At the beginning we made a lot of updates, concept videos etc, and all we can remember about that are bad comments. We had to change a lot of things and remove most of the easter eggs and funny models, to make the mod more serious (and the dev a little bit boring). I'm not sure that the mod is better, and that followers should have a word on every step. But developping a solo mod is two times longer than a MP mod (IA, story, gameplay, cinematics...).

So, i think that the priority is the mod itself, and that we can talk about it after the release, on every game related website ! You don't need publicity during development if it's free. A lot of big companies are only communicating on their games when they are close to the release ("here it is, play it or not!"), and later with patches, medias, consoles/PCs adaptations and DLCs.

Quote by The Art of War:

Only 7 or 8 models with a similar design. It's not a SG related mod. But with a little bit of imagination it could be very close. StarCry is only a solo mod, but a crysis 3 MP version is planned (we will create an official modding team and give them models / sources).

Because when you read a news on crydev with a beautifull CG model (new heads, weapons...), most of the time the artist don't know how to make it playable and this is never released.
My advice for this mod : don't update it too much, don't show untextured / not in-game models, don't recruit someone you don't personally know if there is more than 3 monthes of work.

I was not in any way trying to disrespect your mod, but hey I am not french, I don't go to a site which is only in french.. I know you are working on it that is not what I am saying, the problem is why not just set the release date to TBD and hence don't have to deal with all the bitching comments people make? It's your mod I am not dictating how you do it :p But yeh I know how annyoing it can be when people scream "OMG show us some progress" when you're actually rendering an awesome video to be shown soon etc

Anyways, good luck with balancing I know it's a bitch lol

But let's not derail the original author's thread :)

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.04.2012, 16:01Posts: 17 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 19:53 
Looks good :D