General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.08.2011, 16:55Posts: 54 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: CryENGINE / Crysis Asset Usage
PostPosted 20.10.2011, 21:24 
yes sadly with our capabilities to Cry Engine 3 Free, and may be another issue textures and objects with Crysis 2 on Cry Engine 3 is whether to use the content for their own purposes or for self-realization all still the same as with Xml files.

Wellcome!!!

This is a First Signature of Sound Desing Quality Programmer, and Game Design.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.10.2011, 14:30Posts: 10Location: Poland Likes: 0

Post Topic: May I use Cryengine's assets for commercial ?
PostPosted 30.10.2011, 16:55 
Hello everyone. I have simple question - Could I use cryengine's assets for commercial project ? Of course If I have commercial version. Or they are only for me ? Please light up my problem,

Greetings
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 24.08.2007, 01:54Posts: 102Location: Germany Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: May I use Cryengine's assets for commercial ?
PostPosted 30.10.2011, 17:13 
Simple answer. You can not use Cryengine Assets for Commercial Projects.
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9879Location: Finland Likes: 187

Post Topic: Re: May I use Cryengine's assets for commercial ?
PostPosted 30.10.2011, 19:51 
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.10.2011, 14:30Posts: 10Location: Poland Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.10.2011, 23:54 
Up, I have the same question like others, what exactly assets mean. Hope that we will get clear list what we should use and what we have to create from beginning.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.09.2011, 17:31Posts: 79 Likes: 1

PostPosted 01.11.2011, 00:49 
Quote:
Up, I have the same question like others, what exactly assets mean.

Hello.
I think an asset can be:
-geometry file:anything that was model by someone and saved as a specific file
-skeleton rig saved as a skeleton file or withing a geometry file
-animation save within a specific file
-material save as a specific file
-texture ...(the same as above)
-sound ...
-level
-code including script files
I think that the only assets we can use for a commercial project with CryEngine 3 Free SDK are the code assets as this I think is granted by Crytek in the license agreement http://www.crydev.net/ucp.php?mode=terms (needs to be read thoroughly) :D

Katoun

PostPosted 01.11.2011, 20:30 
Ok, but what about Shaders ? Are they still part of assets ?
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11809Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 717

PostPosted 01.11.2011, 20:38 
Ofcourse not! if Crytek denies us the shaders, the engine is useless for all of us.
Very few people here (besides Styves) can actually code shaders.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.08.2011, 07:13Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 22.11.2011, 20:06 
hey crytek ! i want ask you . FOR WHAT THE HELL YOU GIVING CRYENGINE 3 OUT? i mean THERE IS STILL NO CLEAR DEFINITION WHAT ASSETS YOU CAN USE?
2. HOW THE HELL INDIE DEVELOPERS PEOPLE CAN GET 3500 DOLLAR TO GET MAYA?
please explain us that? how can simple people make XML , Scrips and other if they dont know how. i mean not everyone can create that files without learned math physics or who did study ..
you said its going be FREE, EASY AND POWERFULL ENGINE ... its looks like just you not allowed to pupblish nothing with your EAS stuff and rules... where is the support for indie developers? thats horible rules.. please change that and do like epic games do !! just look how much you can do with UDK (FOR REAL FREE)! and then compare the freedom with cryengine 3...
one more thing. i and i think many indie developers dont have time and wish till you are grandpa/ma and start publishing your games...
PLS CHANGE IT :puppy:
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9879Location: Finland Likes: 187

PostPosted 22.11.2011, 22:56 
"Support for indie developers" doesn't mean making the game for you if you're unable to learn to create XML files and the like. :rolleyes: That said, the public release of CE3 is not finished (unlike UDK which has been out for several years) so things like full exporting of your game for public, game UI functions (Scaleform) as well as the commercial license option altogether are not done yet.

You don't need asset usage guidelines for a nonexistent commercial license - more info will be released when it's actually relevant. ;)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 09:30Posts: 2673Location: Finland Likes: 182

PostPosted 02.12.2011, 12:24 
Quote by twolexx:
hey crytek ! i want ask you . FOR WHAT THE HELL YOU GIVING CRYENGINE 3 OUT? i mean THERE IS STILL NO CLEAR DEFINITION WHAT ASSETS YOU CAN USE?
please explain us that? how can simple people make XML , Scrips and other if they dont know how. i mean not everyone can create that files without learned math physics or who did study ..
you said its going be FREE, EASY AND POWERFULL ENGINE ... its looks like just you not allowed to pupblish nothing with your EAS stuff and rules... where is the support for indie developers? thats horible rules.. please change that and do like epic games do !! just look how much you can do with UDK (FOR REAL FREE)! and then compare the freedom with cryengine 3...
one more thing. i and i think many indie developers dont have time and wish till you are grandpa/ma and start publishing your games...

If you can't write XML files, which are simple as hell, you're in the wrong place.
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11809Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 717

PostPosted 02.12.2011, 13:25 
Quote by twolexx:

It's not Crytek's job to make sure you have Maya or the means to get it. The engine is Free and easy and a powerful one to use. I don't see your point here. The entire point about the engine is to start from scratch using custom done assets, that's what developers do. If you are not in this category i suggest using the MODSDK instead?

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3272 Likes: 2

PostPosted 02.12.2011, 15:35 
to be honest.. my big worry was that I wouldnt like Crysis 2 player features as Ive seen on promo vids..
but once I played the game I really like the features except the speed issue.. not fast enough and cant run without draining power.. though i could fix it maybe in FG..
It shoulda been after half drained you get a booost of speed at least.. who knows but as far as Assets and game play each separate game has its own unique features.. like beach design you need the speed in its own "right"
not sure if Crytek thought of it ;) Anyhow after my own evaluation I might try to move some assets into Crysis1.
CryEngine 3 has many advancements but anyhow..I think if Crytek were to release a small Beach Assest Pack with Crysis 1 player control as a tribute to the legacy mod, I would map with it!!!!
We could start a petition also.. like 4 of each : plants, palms, huts, vehicle, boids. I feel the community has grown but died and this could be a bonus for people who've stayed and revive it too.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 30.04.2010, 14:42Posts: 714Location: Russia Likes: 22

PostPosted 02.12.2011, 19:40 
Quote by VengenceBot:
We could start a petition also.. like 4 of each : plants, palms, huts, vehicle, boids. I feel the community has grown but died and this could be a bonus for people who've stayed and revive it too.

Erm, what? If you need C1 assets in CE3 SDK, you can port them yourself without a problem, so I'm not sure I understand the point to ask that from Crytek.
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5205 Likes: 253

PostPosted 02.12.2011, 20:31 
We are allowed to use Crysis1 assets "only in Crysis2 SDK".
We aren't allowed to use them in CDK contents.

I think screenshot or test is ok. Because Adam said nothing existing things.
But we can't use them in map/mod/game of CDK to release.

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0

Last edited by modsuki on 02.12.2011, 21:49, edited 3 times in total.