General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.11.2007, 21:25Posts: 941 Likes: 0

Post Topic: What tutorials do you need? (Request thread)
PostPosted 24.10.2011, 20:40 
Hey guys

What kind of tutorials would you like to see in the future? It would help those, including me, to have a sense of what kind of info you need exactly instead of focusing on stuff that doesnt matter or it's already documented somewhere else.

So please, post here what kind of tutorials you'd like to see in the future, even if those tuts already exist and you'd like to see them a little bit more elaborate.

This goes for Art, Design, level set up, editor tricks, etc. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks
- HP

Level Artist

www.helderpinto.com

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.01.2010, 01:17Posts: 1117 Likes: 14

Post Topic: Re: What tutorials do you need? (Request thread)
PostPosted 24.10.2011, 21:33 
Audio setup and using FMOD for specific use in Cryengine and use with it. So covering various settings in FMOD and how they apply to Cryengine for different situations, to export settings and such, as well as then setting up that audio in the editor. Setting up ambient and soundspots are straightforward, but gameplay music and using audio in trackview are not so well covered.

Not so much tutorial, but a troubleshooting guide on models (exporting errors explained and how to remedy them) There is a page in the docs for export errors but be great if more help was provided directly as to how to fix or avoid the errors, covering both maya and max.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, of course, should the time come, UI tutorials :D
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.04.2010, 22:50Posts: 1230Location: In front of a computer Likes: 2

PostPosted 24.10.2011, 23:48 
Quote by Cry-[HP]:
Hey guys

What kind of tutorials would you like to see in the future? It would help those, including me, to have a sense of what kind of info you need exactly instead of focusing on stuff that doesnt matter or it's already documented somewhere else.

So please, post here what kind of tutorials you'd like to see in the future, even if those tuts already exist and you'd like to see them a little bit more elaborate.

Thanks
- HP

I would actually just like to see some tutorials about your workflow, modeling art direction, and tips like that. Your portfolio is really amazing, and as an aspiring environment designer I would like to learn about how you/other crytek people work. For example, it would be cool to see a long tutorial on creating a small scene from scratch, demonstrating white boxing, hp modeling, baking, exporting, and material effects. It is a lot to request but it could be very helpful.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 986 Likes: 23

PostPosted 25.10.2011, 00:42 
tesselation or displacement for 3d objects such as rocks or cloth.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.10.2011, 09:32Posts: 3 Likes: 0

PostPosted 25.10.2011, 03:31 
Quote by blackhorizon:
Quote by Cry-[HP]:
Hey guys

Thanks
- HP

I would actually just like to see some tutorials about your workflow, modeling art direction, and tips like that. Your portfolio is really amazing, and as an aspiring environment designer I would like to learn about how you/other crytek people work. For example, it would be cool to see a long tutorial on creating a small scene from scratch, demonstrating white boxing, hp modeling, baking, exporting, and material effects. It is a lot to request but it could be very helpful.

Yes, that's what I want to say.
And I hope to the help documents is similar to this: http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/
Personally, it's easy to read and learn.
Thanks.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.10.2009, 10:44Posts: 1542Status: Online Likes: 130

PostPosted 26.10.2011, 11:50 
In-depth Material Editor tutorial
In-depth Animation tutorial
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.11.2007, 21:25Posts: 941 Likes: 0

PostPosted 26.10.2011, 12:00 
Keep them coming guys. The more specific the better! :)

Level Artist

www.helderpinto.com
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1227 Likes: 28

PostPosted 26.10.2011, 14:19 
Quote by isport:
Quote by blackhorizon:
Quote by Cry-[HP]:
Hey guys

Thanks
- HP

Yes, that's what I want to say.
And I hope to the help documents is similar to this: http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/
Personally, it's easy to read and learn.
Thanks.

There's already something like this...just not found the thread.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 16.08.2011, 11:44Posts: 102 Likes: 0

PostPosted 26.10.2011, 20:04 
I searched a little and found nothing, if I'm wrong, please slap me.
Since we don't have a button to compile our game, an in-depth tutorial about compiling (with Studio express !!) and all steps about things we have to think about. And, why not, a little .pak with few assets, levels and so on, to try with.

Last edited by Teto42740 on 27.10.2011, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.01.2011, 17:37Posts: 10Location: England Likes: 0

PostPosted 26.10.2011, 23:17 
Forgive me if I've missed it but I would love to see a simple tutorial on how to make prop items for maps, how to texture them, how to assign physics and collision properties...that sort of thing.

Just something simple and bite sized to sink my teeth into.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.07.2011, 07:18Posts: 12Location: Ft Myers Likes: 0

PostPosted 27.10.2011, 01:29 
Tutorial for music such as 'Music Logic' ect. As mentioned above

Las Vegas Mod Coming Soon
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.10.2011, 11:47Posts: 1Location: New Zealand Likes: 0

PostPosted 27.10.2011, 11:02 
Does there exist yet, a full series of step by step guides to create a simple game from start to finish? preferably video based and by the people who actually have either helped in creating cryengine or have used it to create atleast 50% of a working game.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.08.2011, 15:40Posts: 24 Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.10.2011, 13:43 
Procedural Buildings
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 31.10.2011, 19:56Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.10.2011, 20:12 
I'd really love a tutorial on connecting levels together, so there would be some sort of trigger at the end of a level where you stepped into it and then the second level loads
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 31.10.2011, 19:56Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.10.2011, 20:12 
I'd really love a tutorial on connecting levels together, so there would be some sort of trigger at the end of a level where you stepped into it and then the second level loads