General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.07.2012, 11:12Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic: For which kind of games is CE3 used for?
PostPosted 05.07.2012, 13:15 
Hey, guys!

Sorry, if I hit the wrong forum with this topic...but don't know, where to ask but here.

I want to make a game on my own. Specifics:
- For the beginning singleplayer, but it should have the possibilities to be played as a mmo (only theoretically, it's enough when 2-8 player can play it together)

- It'll be a combination of Shooter and Scifi-Spaceship-Simulation (such as the X-Series):
-> Every player has his own shuttle-like ship, can modify and upgrade it.
-> Asteroid mining and nebula harvesting, landing on planets etc.
-> Walk aroung in the own ship and fight:
a) Ship vs. ship(s)
b) Personal avatar (and teammates/other avatars) vs. pirates/other avatars/KI's inside the own ship, prevent it from being sabotated or hijacked
-> Ship-to-Human Interaction: Movement by sitting onto the captain's seat, repairing or modifying the ship's equipment, crafting and upgrading the avatar's wepons/technologies

So at the end here's my question:

Can I do such things with the CE3 (especially the player moving in the ship at the same time when the ship's moving (e.g.by another player) and fighting against enemies) ?

Thanks and my best regards =)

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11134Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 814

Post Topic: Re: For which kind of games is CE3 used for?
PostPosted 05.07.2012, 13:19 
Correct forum :) Sounds like a rather large under taking for a first project though. If you have to ask if the engine can do it, it's probably better to start with something smaller first and work your way up :)

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.07.2012, 11:12Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: For which kind of games is CE3 used for?
PostPosted 05.07.2012, 13:54 
Sure, I want to do some easier stuff first...

But when I've learned how to use CE3 fine finally, I don't want to recognize that the engine is actually not useful for my big project :)