General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.07.2012, 13:38Posts: 13Location: Europe Likes: 0

Post Topic: couple noob questions [help me please]
PostPosted 24.07.2012, 10:54 
hey everyone,
i need little help in answering those questions regarding cryengine3 / flow graph:

1. is it possible to control player rotation (eg. rotate him in 45deg but smoothly, with animation, just like by moving mouse horizontaly) via flow graph? If it is possible, can I ask 4 a hint how to achieve this?

2. same as 1. but about position? I've managed to change player position, but he didn't walk to desired location, but just hmm floats there... I wish that he would walk to specific point.

3. Is it possible to animate camera movement in realtime? For example: I would like to create an isometric camera that will follow my player and on specified action i would like to change camera from default first person to an isometric one. Can it be done with some sort of animation? Again it would be great if I could do it via flowgraph.

4. I was wondering if is it possible to make an interactive surface on an object in which player could interact? For example an interactive table which displays some interface (best if it would be scaleform gfx). If it can be done, please tell me a way to align scaleform to surface of an object.

I would really appreciate any answers for those questions. Sorry if I asked for something really stupid or impossible. I am really new here...

regards,
marr

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11809Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 717

Post Topic: Re: couple noob questions [help me please]
PostPosted 24.07.2012, 12:14 
4. CryEngine3 Scaleform GFx Entity Tutorial

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.07.2012, 13:38Posts: 13Location: Europe Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 13:49 
Thanks 4 the reply Lavizh. I've watched that tutorial and it was pretty amazing, but I still do not know how to interact with it - will it still respond to the mouse events in particular?

Still I would be happy if someone smart could answer my other questions...
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 11.11.2011, 07:36Posts: 838Location: Asia Likes: 2

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:05 
Quote:
3. Is it possible to animate camera movement in realtime? For example: I would like to create an isometric camera that will follow my player and on specified action i would like to change camera from default first person to an isometric one. Can it be done with some sort of animation? Again it would be great if I could do it via flowgraph.

Like in GTA ? If so press F1 ingame :))

Role :Texture artist
My skills : Level Designer|Game Designer|Sound Designer|3D Artist|2D Artist|

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:11 
not quite ceylonfarmer. I wish more likely to create some sort of a RTS camera and then tween the view from first person camera to that RTS-style camera. I don't know how to explain it better :easter:
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 11.11.2011, 07:36Posts: 838Location: Asia Likes: 2

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:23 
You mean like in GTA or something?Well i did find a tutorial on how to make a RTS game viewtopic.php?f=291&t=85347 .I am sure that you will find something :))

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:26 
oh well, maybe like in gta (but more far away :) ), but I'm wondering if it possible to tween from one camera to another? I am curious if it possible to place the second camera in exact same position as first person camera, on specified action switch view to that "second" camera and from now on move it to desired location and somehow make it follow the player or something.

EDIT: Thanks for the update. I'll look into closely :)

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:34 
Quote by Marr:
to place the second camera in exact same position as first person camera, on specified action switch view to that "second" camera and from now on move it to desired location and somehow make it follow the player or something.

Simultaneously ?

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:39 
Quote by ceylonfarmer:
Quote by Marr:
to place the second camera in exact same position as first person camera, on specified action switch view to that "second" camera and from now on move it to desired location and somehow make it follow the player or something.

Simultaneously ?

I think yes. I would like to do:
1. Place second camera in place of that first one (first person)
2. From keyboard input for example -> execute action (via flow graph)
3. Switch view to second camera and move and rotate it by vec 0,-10,100, while rotating it by 60% towards ground).
4. make the second camera follows player

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 14:44 
I think its already there :)) . Press F1 twice ingame and move the mouse a bit. I think thats what you want i guess :))

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 15:28 
Quote by ceylonfarmer:
I think its already there :)) . Press F1 twice ingame and move the mouse a bit. I think thats what you want i guess :))

Not exactly, but I should achieve what I want using info from the tutorial you have provided, so thanks :) Anyway still my first and second questions needs answers :) So if anyone...

I'm wondering if it would be better to remove player and manipulate the camera itself (than player mentioned in 1&2 ). I am afraid only on collision checking etc.

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 15:39 
Welcome :)) i will try answering your other questions :))

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 15:43 
Quote by Marr:
1. is it possible to control player rotation (eg. rotate him in 45deg but smoothly, with animation, just like by moving mouse horizontaly) via flow graph? If it is possible, can I ask 4 a hint how to achieve this?

You can switch to 3rd person view by pressing F1 in keyboard while ingame then move your mouse ent voila :happy:

Quote by Marr:
2. same as 1. but about position? I've managed to change player position, but he didn't walk to desired location, but just hmm floats there... I wish that he would walk to specific point.
Quote:
You need to know how to use trackview for that http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDO ... +Cutscenes :))

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 15:50 
Quote by ceylonfarmer:
You can switch to 3rd person view by pressing F1 in keyboard while ingame then move your mouse ent voila :happy:

Yeah, I know it already, but it wont suit my needs in particular. I'm gonna create an clickable user interface and I want to control my player via mouse clicks on certain UI controls.

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 15:58 
Quote:
I'm gonna create an clickable user interface and I want to control my player via mouse clicks on certain UI controls.

Then you need to learn actionscript 2.0 ,scaleform,C++ and how to animate in 3dsmax/maya if you are going to create your own animation if not find a good animator :)) .I guess you are making a RPG eh :D

edit : There are some scaleform ,c++ tutorials made by richmar1 search for them in the tutorials section :))