Latest Build Feedback

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10946Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 755

Post Topic: Launcher Executable
PostPosted 09.10.2011, 13:49 
Please provide any feedback/issues regarding the Launcher/GameSDK Executable below. Steps to reproduce the issue are necessary in order to find and fix any issues.

Please keep chatter to a minimum in these threads so that it's easier for us to find important information. This first post will be kept up to date with any known issues. Any work-arounds will be posted here also.

Known Issues
  • NA

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.05.2013, 01:44Posts: 16 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Launcher Executable
PostPosted 18.08.2014, 13:38 
Launcher is crashing a split second after loading my level. The AI is loaded, texture generated and exports ok from the editor. I've used the 'check level for errors' tool which comes up blank. Any ideas why the launcher would be crashing on this level? Tests with other levels work ok. I've tried disabling custom flowgraphs and reexporting to see if this made a difference, which it did not.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attachments:

Game(1).log
[92.5 KiB]
Downloaded 4 times
error.log
[1.92 KiB]
Downloaded 5 times
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 29.05.2010, 11:46Posts: 1283Location: GermanyStatus: Online Likes: 157

PostPosted 18.08.2014, 15:11 
Quote by pauldolan:
Launcher is crashing a split second after loading my level. The AI is loaded, texture generated and exports ok from the editor. I've used the 'check level for errors' tool which comes up blank. Any ideas why the launcher would be crashing on this level? Tests with other levels work ok. I've tried disabling custom flowgraphs and reexporting to see if this made a difference, which it did not.

Any help would be appreciated!

This was already reported in the vegetation Thread:
Code:
<12:02:53> [Warning] [SHADERS] GCM Global Cache Miss: <2>Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(%GRASS|%TEMP_VEGETATION|%VERTCOLORS)(%_RT_ALPHATEST|%_RT_INSTANCING_ATTR|%_RT_NO_TESSELLATION|%_RT_BLEND_WITH_TERRAIN_COLOR)(0)(0)(0)(VS)
<12:02:53> 

When you read through the log it seems to be related to auto merged vegetation. The Launcher doesn't seem to like automerged vegetation and crashes when the vertex shader for a vegetation asset is compiling while the editor is fine with it.

Or maybe its not at all related to automerged or not and just by chance when the Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS is being compiled. (maybe wrong parameter list or something causing stack corruption)

I dont know how complex your map and assets are but I'd appreciate it if you would send yours in to crytek since we have the same problem but it would be multiple gigabytes.

see the second bug report here: viewtopic.php?p=1231287#p1231287

PostPosted 19.08.2014, 09:24 
I tried removing automerge from my vegetation and re-exporting but the launcher still crashes.
My file is pretty small so I could easily dropbox it to someone at Crytek - do you know what email address to use?
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 29.05.2010, 11:46Posts: 1283Location: GermanyStatus: Online Likes: 157

PostPosted 19.08.2014, 20:28 
e.g. send link by pm to adam or post it here so other can verify too.

PostPosted 22.08.2014, 15:15 
I solved this problem by reducing the amount of grass vegetation in the level. Level now loads as expected in the Launcher.
This error may not be a problem with the default grass vegetation, I'm using Grim's tall grass model from here: viewtopic.php?f=310&t=100001

PostPosted 22.08.2014, 15:32 
I should say that I also removed automerged from my vegetation and re-exported in addition to lowering the grass count.