Latest Build Feedback

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10650Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 658

Post Topic: Re: Vegetation
PostPosted 21.06.2014, 17:51 
Quote by femmebots:
Still no News from crytek. This is a very important bug that makes a great feature useless. It's a shame. No info. Lots of bugs. No feedback. Love Cryengine but in its actual state I will hace to explore other options more reliable. In my opinión they shells us an incomplete non productive engine. I would hace prefer to pay a Little more and obtain a polished product.

Please keep the chatter/rants to a minimum in this section. The more noise in this area, the harder it is to track issues, so this is the opposite of helping resolving the issue.

In any case, sorry for the delayed response since my previous post offering a test repro level and discussion on this very issue a few posts back. I can repro this issue after some further testing, we still have a ticket in for this issue.

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 20.04.2012, 17:30Posts: 180Location: Greytown, New Zealand Likes: 55

PostPosted 27.06.2014, 13:14 
AutoMerged vegetation without dummies / ropes -- which we use on purpose (no bending) crashes Launcher..

Please make it work.

Although it partially defeats the purpose of AutoMerged bending, we do use it for short grass because it offers insane performance boost with draw call reduction. Much smaller number of taller grass strands in the same area is usually more than enough for convincing result..

Showcase Thread: Allegra: Fantasy MMORPG | Website: www.allegragames.com
Watch us on Youtube | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 20.04.2012, 17:30Posts: 180Location: Greytown, New Zealand Likes: 55

PostPosted 09.07.2014, 00:18 
VegetationMap.dat file appears to allow only for 256 different vegetation objects to be in the level.

If we have more, distribution of these gets associated to other objects. This suggests that array index in the file is 1-byte.

Problem does not get displayed until the level is reloaded.

Could you please either add Editor warning when limit is exceeded, or create version 3 of Vegetation map with 2-byte indexing, with some automatic conversion from version 2.

I'm reading version numbers from:
<VegetationMap Version="2">
at the start of VegetationMap.dat

Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 25.09.2013, 13:55Posts: 7Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 10

PostPosted 11.07.2014, 15:54 
Hi xulture,

I've just finished a fix for that VegetationMap.dat issue you're having. It should allow for more than 256 vegetation objects. The fix is doing a round of peer-review and QA, I'll let you guys know once it makes it to Steam.

... and thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming!
  Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 25.09.2013, 13:55Posts: 7Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 10

PostPosted 15.07.2014, 11:40 
Hello!

Just a quick update. The fix for that issue has been approved and submitted so it should make its way into our next steam update.

Please let us know if you still have any problems!

PostPosted 17.07.2014, 23:16 
Woohoo great work guys! Thanks!!

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 29.05.2010, 11:46Posts: 1218Location: Germany Likes: 136

PostPosted 18.07.2014, 20:42 
Is procedural vegetation now finally working in multiplayer?

Please test it before your next release by starting a dedicated server and connecting to it.

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10650Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 658

PostPosted 19.07.2014, 00:20 
Proc veg issues are unrelated to MP.

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 09.02.2012, 03:19Posts: 462Location: Sri Lanka Likes: 60

PostPosted 28.07.2014, 16:07 
Undo function for the vegetation selection would be fine :)

My Tutorials : http://www.3dtutips.com