Latest Build Feedback

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10850Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 726

Post Topic: Vegetation
PostPosted 19.04.2012, 14:42 
Please provide any feedback/issues regarding Vegetation below. Steps to reproduce the issue are necessary in order to find and fix any issues.

Please keep chatter to a minimum in these threads so that it's easier for us to find important information. This first post will be kept up to date with any known issues. Any work-arounds will be posted here also.

Known Issues
  • Fit To Terrain option currently not available (CE-1525).
  • Procedural vegetation results differ in Pure-Game vs Editor (CE-3794).

Feature Request
  • Option to "use on terrain layer" for two or more vegetation objects at once.

Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 06.09.2012, 20:32Posts: 694Location: San Juan Island, Washington Likes: 94

Post Topic: Re: Vegetation
PostPosted 09.08.2014, 03:48 
I'm not sure of the best way to provide details on this, but the GameSDK.exe has issues with AutoMerged vegetation. I've spent many hours tracking down seemingly random crashes and by not having any AutoMerged vegetation the client appears to be running again without the random crashes when moving/turning in game. We have a lot of vegetation categories (hit the old 255 limit), and almost 2.5 million instances of vegetation on the map so far. We don't have any issues in Editor, but GameSDK will crash. Let me know what I can do to help so the issue can be fixed.

Also, please, please, please (enough pleases?) fix the proc vegetation in multiplayer so we don't have to place millions of pieces of grass.

Miscreated - Official Website: http://miscreatedgame.com
Steam Greenlight: http://bit.ly/14h87r8
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/XBeB3p
Twitter: http://bit.ly/XBeyEK
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 29.05.2010, 11:46Posts: 1260Location: Germany Likes: 148

PostPosted 09.08.2014, 05:14 
Quote by tevans:
I'm not sure of the best way to provide details on this, but the GameSDK.exe has issues with AutoMerged vegetation. I've spent many hours tracking down seemingly random crashes and by not having any AutoMerged vegetation the client appears to be running again without the random crashes when moving/turning in game. We have a lot of vegetation categories (hit the old 255 limit), and almost 2.5 million instances of vegetation on the map so far. We don't have any issues in Editor, but GameSDK will crash. Let me know what I can do to help so the issue can be fixed.

Also, please, please, please (enough pleases?) fix the proc vegetation in multiplayer so we don't have to place millions of pieces of grass.

Code:
<14:27:09> [Warning] [SHADERS] GCM Global Cache Miss: <2>Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(%BUMP_MAP|%LEAVES|%PN_TESSELLATION|%TEMP_VEGETATION|%VERTCOLORS)(%_RT_ALPHATEST)(0)(0)(100)(VS)
<14:27:09> [Warning] Warning: Shader Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(2410800000)(X1)(100)(0)(0)(100)(vs_5_0) is not existing in the cache
<CRITICAL EXCEPTION>

Thats the last log before the crash.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.08.2011, 23:29Posts: 37 Likes: 10

PostPosted 11.08.2014, 10:25 
Quote by tevans:

We're in the same boat regarding the state of procedural vegetation - the majority of the vegetation in our game utilizes it.

- Trusty