Particle Effects & Materials

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Just getting started Just getting startedMember since: 29.01.2012, 08:18Posts: 12 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Realistic physics
PostPosted 04.02.2012, 13:07 
I had managed to make some procrdual destruction, joint breakable objects, but I'm not satisfied with those physics. I want more realistic

So I have some questions
1. Is there a way of making bullets make hole into objects(not using textures/decals)
Like, when I hit a metal plate with bullet, it makes holes. When I hit metal plate with rocket, it makes a big hole and tears the metal plate.

2. Is there a way of making particle systems combined with physics?
Like when I hit the water container with bullet, the water leaks out of the bullet hall

3. Is there a way of making multiple physics in a single object?
Like when I hit a wooden table with a single bullet, it just make procedual destruction. When I hit with more bullets, it can be separated to joint breakable objects.

Additional question : I'd like to make destructable architecture composed of different matetials(wood, concretr, metal) and set each materials different physical values
How can I compose one object with different materials with physics?

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

Post Topic: Re: Realistic physics
PostPosted 04.02.2012, 14:42 
Quote by syub95:
2. Is there a way of making particle systems combined with physics?
Like when I hit the water container with bullet, the water leaks out of the bullet hall

Entity "Physics/PressurizedObject" would be suitable for this, allowing to set breaking conditions with physics and particle effect for leakage.

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Not my first Rodeo Not my first RodeoMember since: 13.12.2011, 19:25Posts: 511Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 23.02.2012, 22:11 
Yes, I want the same destruction level :) Even with the bodys
User avatar   Senior Developer Senior DeveloperMember since: 16.06.2010, 11:41Posts: 868Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Likes: 0

PostPosted 28.02.2012, 08:59 
Do you think it's possible to make a blood stream out of an AI's head when headshot without coding?

BEWARE: Flaming aliens are generally more grumpy than normal ones.