Particle Effects & Materials

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.05.2012, 17:59Posts: 42 Likes: 0

Post Topic: CryTek Cookbook- custom ocean question.
PostPosted 14.05.2012, 18:01 
Hey guys- I'm looking at the crydev cookbook and I'm looking at the section where it is talking about creating a photo-realistic ocean. I am either not understanding it fully or just missing something but it is baffling me, nonetheless. I attached the picture to show the instructions I'm on. I'm not seeing where you create a custom material for the ocean. Please help! :)
Attachments:

Ocean question.jpg

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9830Location: Finland Likes: 168

Post Topic: Re: CryTek Cookbook- custom ocean question.
PostPosted 14.05.2012, 18:29 
Quote:
4. Click on the browse button in the Ocean material parameter. This will open the currently applied material.

I assume you've clicked this button? It means the "..." symbol next to the ocean material that you've got highlighted in the picture.

If you don't know how to create new materials in the material editor, I suggest you read the basic documentation at freesdk.crydev.net, or look at the relevant chapter in the cookbook (provided the book goes through the basic Sandbox UI and tools). ;)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.05.2012, 17:59Posts: 42 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: CryTek Cookbook- custom ocean question.
PostPosted 14.05.2012, 20:14 
Yea- I clicked that... and I will go check out how to create new materials in the material editor... I thought that there was a way to do that when you click the ocean material parameter. Lol, thanks for your help- I'm a noob