View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 17.01.2012, 11:43Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic: How to implement textbox?
PostPosted 07.03.2012, 08:45 
Hi, I've just started to work on cryengine 3 and have a question about implementing a textbox with scaleform so that users can type their account info or password stuff.
I had a little experience with UDK before and created Login Menu with UDK so I know how to create a textbox in flash so i've created a textbox with CS5.5 and ended up with successfully loading the textbox in cryengine's UI emulator.
But the thing is I couldn't type in any character in the box even when i clicked on it with mouse cursor so that it was focused. I guess the problem occurred because i was supposed to disable player movement or something while the textbox was focused so that key input went to the textbox instead of moving player since i had the same problem when i used UDK. I was able to disable player movement in UDK by modifying kismet but in cryengine, i think i have to do something with flowgraph which i'm not familiar with and lacks helpful tutorials.
I would appreciate if you share some information about implementing textbox using scaleform in cryengine or correct me if im going to wrong way.

Thank you in advance

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11815Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 719

Post Topic: Re: How to implement textbox?
PostPosted 07.03.2012, 17:07 
Have a look at how Crytek set it up with Login to server in the MultiPlayer section in FlowGraph. There is a textbox there where you need to type in your nickname. Then just set up your custom one with an Instance / ID.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.08.2011, 20:33Posts: 18 Likes: 0

PostPosted 20.03.2012, 05:46 
Hi, I am also trying to get the input textbox to work but haven't been able to so far. I am having the same problem as Casper...I am able to get the input textbox to show up in Cryengine, but I am unable to type any text in it. I looked at Crytek's multiplayer flowgraph textbox but wasn't sure how to get mine to work from looking at that one. Any added advice? Thanks in advance! :-)
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.08.2011, 20:33Posts: 18 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.03.2012, 21:26 
*bump* :))
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11815Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 719

PostPosted 21.03.2012, 21:36 
What i did was to copy Crytek's work on the TextBox part in Multiplayer and adapt it to my FG work. Just dragged my mouse over the FG part and copy / pasted it into my stuff. It worked.

PostPosted 21.03.2012, 23:05 
Hey Lavizh, thanks for responding and I am sorry to keep bugging you with this, but I am new to this and I still don't quite understand. Are you referring to the nodes shown here?
nodes.jpg

If so, I am not sure how to use them correctly. If I have a custom input textbox from Flash how do I adapt it to work with these nodes? If you have time could you show a pic of a simple example FG for this and actionscript for the textbox? Sorry again for being slow on this and thanks for the help! :-)