View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 02.06.2004, 17:36Posts: 6696Location: Frankfurt am Main Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.02.2008, 17:38 
No need for a bump all the time ;) The limit sometimes was not aligned properly means that in some cases you could place 1 more claymore/mine than defined in the game. This has been fixed now.

-alex

Alexander Marschal
Crysis2 Project Manager

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.10.2007, 22:47Posts: 78Location: The Netherlands Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.02.2008, 17:54 
Hmm, ok. Is this in sync with the crosshair added blocks? Never understood the meaning of that too...

Sometimes in the crosshair (the rounded one with cross) it would fill up quarter blocks. Has this something to do with the number of mines or claymores you lay down?

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 14.11.2007, 13:36Posts: 238Location: Cambridge Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.02.2008, 19:08 
Thanks Alex, sorry for the bump spam :D

-NMC-HazardO
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.11.2007, 00:58Posts: 76 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.03.2008, 20:53 
first. I have to say. thanks for all the hard work that you guys put into crysis and all the tweaks and updates we get from it...

BUT.....

You guys are concentrating more on tweaks. and eyecandy. You guys should come and play with us in some of the servers. our clan, as stopped playin the game intell the hackers slow down, the admin of our server, has no time to play. 1 day he went in, and banned 9 hackers in about 15 minutes! You guys should figure out how to stop modded scripts, and trainers.. stop worriering about eyecandy,

I have to say the eyecandy is great, the tweaks are great. But i hope you guys start stopping the hackers or this game will go under faster than the titanic!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.01.2008, 15:51Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.03.2008, 22:17 
I wont to know one thing,when patch is out ?????
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 28.10.2007, 12:23Posts: 188Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.03.2008, 14:20 
hold on....wednesday is coming again :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.04.2007, 14:08Posts: 54Location: Illinois U.S.A. Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.03.2008, 05:06 
I have to agree with Raggy-roo.

Hackers are making this game almost impossible to enjoy.

Please look into giving admins the power to ban CD keys, and equipment bans.
It would also be great, if they could do forced screens and such.

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 02.06.2004, 17:36Posts: 6696Location: Frankfurt am Main Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.03.2008, 13:10 
Quote:
Originally posted by doc101b

Hackers are making this game almost impossible to enjoy.

Please look into giving admins the power to ban CD keys, and equipment bans.
It would also be great, if they could do forced screens and such.

Most of the stuff is already possible - you can ban via a unique ID that is based ont he cd-key and you can force screenshots for each player. It is all in Punkbuster and working perfectly fine.

Btw. some more information on the cheat protection:
Crysis Weekly Update #2
Crysis Internal Cheat Protection

-alex

Alexander Marschal
Crysis2 Project Manager
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.04.2007, 14:08Posts: 54Location: Illinois U.S.A. Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.03.2008, 18:08 
Quote:
Originally posted by Cry-Alex
Quote:

It is all in Punkbuster and working perfectly fine.

Crysis Weekly Update #2

-alex

I hate to bust your bubble, and really mean no disrespect.

But man, you really need to get out and play more!
(on punkbuster enabled servers.)
*flying hack.
*Kill Hack.
*Kick Hack. (even kicking the Admins)
*Server Crash hack.(the one that also crashes your game to the desktop.)
*Kill and Blame Hack. (blame others for the killz.)

The most annouying being the kill, and server crash hacks...

I only play on Punkbuster servers, and every time we get a good game going, some jerk comes in and crashes the server, or starts killing all the other team...

Comon Alex, you can't say you haven't noticed can you???

Last edited by doc101b on 04.03.2008, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 24.02.2008, 14:40Posts: 474 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.03.2008, 21:15 
But Alex the internal Cheat rpotection will be great to no pb users.

But remember: there are a lot of users (like me) that cant connect to pb enabled servers (yes I have pb updated, I reinstalled the game and I enabled pb in the options). So those feuture are in pb not to everyone so id like to could do more things with rcon.

A permanetnt ban that is a basic function and is not implemented to servers with no pb. So pls I just ask to crytek develop a simple permanent ban system. Just a litle file in the server that is checked when a user enter the server.

We need that patch.

Pls write tommorow in the next weekly updated: "Patch released click here to download" :P

Miguel

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.03.2008, 22:25 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cry-Alex
Quote:

It is all in Punkbuster and working perfectly fine.

Crysis Weekly Update #2

-alex

I hate to bust your bubble, and really mean no disrespect.

But man, you really need to get out and play more!
(on punkbuster enabled servers.)
*flying hack.
*Kill Hack.
*Kick Hack. (even kicking the Admins)
*Server Crash hack.(the one that also crashes your game to the desktop.)
*Kill and Blame Hack. (blame others for the killz.)

The most annouying being the kill, and server crash hacks...

I only play on Punkbuster servers, and every time we get a good game going, some jerk comes in and crashes the server, or starts killing all the other team...

Comon Alex, you can't say you haven't noticed can you???

I am not talking about the current situation of patch 1.1. We do know how it looks online on the game servers.

that's why I said wait for patch 1.2 (which is not out yet), since PB support is getting improved and our internal anti-cheat solution will get fully implemented.

the fact that many cheats are not detected on pb servers is that the server admins simply do not use the server config files we provide them. if a server is not well set up with pb, this cheat tool detects nothing.

so it is not only a matter of us fixing the stuff, it is also about server admins not using the correct config files.

@miguel3: no reason for us to create a ban system if pb has this functionality implemented already. ;) wait for patch #2 and see if you are able to connect to pb servers then. we improved a lot with the patch.

-alex

Alexander Marschal
Crysis2 Project Manager
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 24.02.2008, 14:40Posts: 474 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.03.2008, 23:41 
Hope so! :) If me and the all the guys could enter I would enable pb on my server.

Miguel

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 20.12.2007, 05:04Posts: 319 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.03.2008, 18:14 
woot hopfully patch update 6 in 50 mins

Last edited by Alcoholic1 on 05.03.2008, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.