View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 23.10.2008, 22:25Posts: 339 Likes: 12

Post Topic: Frozen Colony - June'12 Update
PostPosted 05.06.2012, 15:18 

In today's news post, we will be featuring a new update for Frozen Colony; a fan-made Crysis Modification which is being designed with CryENGINE 2 and is being developed by the 2 Player brothers, CryDev user: Pythonselkan.

Frozen Colony was featured on CryDev in March 2012 and September 2011.

In today's update, we will be featuring a new set of screenshots and an announcement for a new trailer!

For those of you who require an introduction to this project; Frozen Colony features:

• Realistic Real-time Cutscenes
    From Plot twists to action-packed cinematics.
  • Introducing: A New Plot
    A fan-made Spinoff set 5 years after The Lingshan Island Incident - Introducing new characters.
  • Original Soundtrack
    Composed by talented music composer NxSG.
  • Back to the Jungle
    Taking place on a remote island in the Mediterrenean.
  • Voice Overs
    Realistic voice acting featuring talented voice actors Sean Vassallo, Matthew Sumner & more.
  • Stunning visuals powered by CryENGINE 2
    One of the last projects to push CryENGINE 2's boundaries.

frozen - june poster.jpg

Media

New screenshots for Frozen Colony are featured below.

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg screen3.jpg screen_jungle.jpg screen4.jpg screen9.jpg

The 2 Player Team have announced that a new trailer for Frozen Colony will be released sometime this summer and will be revealing more of the plot, introducing new characters and will also be featuring new environments.

screen6.jpg screen7.jpg screen5.jpg screen_frozen.jpg screen8.jpg screen10.jpg

That's all for today's news post, make sure to stay tuned to the 2 Player Team's work on their Facebook Page, and don't forget to follow the Frozen Colony project on CryDev's Projects database!

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

Post Topic: Re: Frozen Colony - June'12 Update
PostPosted 05.06.2012, 17:02 
Nice too see how the story unfolds  :)

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5064 Likes: 210

PostPosted 05.06.2012, 19:28 
I must say again... mod team should't make many trailers. It's waste of time.

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 05.06.2012, 19:49 
This is looking very good, reminds me Warhead frozen paradise. Looks like scar camo is special for frog hunt. Im very impressed but the whole update. Wish you good luck to finish it remembering how long you are working with this mod. ;)

BTW, i must say once more, that using bar-code on the fore head is not good idea due to the fact that many Christian people remember, that 666 number (which bar-code consists of) is antichristian sign which is or will be signed on forehead and right arm according to Bible. But they still may like to play Frozen Colony. Its religion, but still... :) (analogic situation we have with Russian passports - thats fact that people refuse to get them)

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 08:27Posts: 3416Location: My own HQ. Likes: 440

PostPosted 06.06.2012, 09:08 
Why this 2 man are amazing ?
in front of them i feel im nothing

---------------------------
In front of God i feel i dont even exist
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Im the most amazing man of all times.

Frozen Team.

Join the social community today!

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 23.10.2008, 22:25Posts: 339 Likes: 12

PostPosted 06.06.2012, 13:10 
Quote by modsuki:
I must say again... mod team should't make many trailers. It's waste of time.

I appreciate your concern, but this time we'll be capturing scenes directly from the game's cutscenes which most of them are already completed - so we won't be wasting much time working on the trailer. :)

Quote by andrey_filantrop:
This is looking very good, reminds me Warhead frozen paradise. Looks like scar camo is special for frog hunt. Im very impressed but the whole update. Wish you good luck to finish it remembering how long you are working with this mod. ;)

BTW, i must say once more, that using bar-code on the fore head is not good idea due to the fact that many Christian people remember, that 666 number (which bar-code consists of) is antichristian sign which is or will be signed on forehead and right arm according to Bible. But they still may like to play Frozen Colony. Its religion, but still... :) (analogic situation we have with Russian passports - thats fact that people refuse to get them)

Thanks for your comment. :D
Regarding the Bar-Code on the Nanosuit; It is story-related and we cannot remove it at this stage... You will understand why there's a bar code on the Nanosuit when you're playing the game - however there are a lot of games & movies in which the character has a bar code - such as the Hitman series or Metal Gear Rising, just to name a few. :happy:

Quote by Maximum-Dev:
Why this 2 man are amazing ?
in front of them i feel im nothing

---------------------------
In front of God i feel i dont even exist
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Im the most amazing man of all times.

Frozen Team.

I'm sorry but I did not understand your comment sir. :unsure:
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 08:27Posts: 3416Location: My own HQ. Likes: 440

PostPosted 06.06.2012, 21:51 
@pythonselkan , ehehehe i know my words are not logical :)

because there are always things more than humans logic

Join the social community today!

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3272 Likes: 2

PostPosted 08.06.2012, 08:34 
Cool.. I miss the snow !! Still love tropics , can't wait..