View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11788Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 712

Post Topic: The Collectables
PostPosted 11.12.2013, 11:22 

Crytek is joining forces with the leading mobile games company DeNA to develop its first free-to-play mobile game called The Collectables.

Available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices through DeNA's mobile games platform Mobage, The Collectables boasts stunning visuals based on Crytek's CRYENGINE technology. The game blends action and tactics as players lead a squad of unconventional soldiers on do-or-die missions around the globe.

Quote:
"DeNA offers unparalleled experience in the mobile gaming space, and we’re excited to be collaborating with their team to deliver The Collectables to players," stated Paha Schulz, Director of Business Development, Games-as-a-Service at Crytek. “The Collectables will be the first free-to-play mobile game that leverages Crytek’s cutting-edge 3D game technology CRYENGINE.”

Featuring over-the-top gunfights and classic larger-than-life action heroes, The Collectables invites players to assemble a team from a variety of unique soldiers and upgrade their weapons and abilities before heading into combat. With diverse enemy types to battle, game-changing rewards to unlock and immersive 3D battlefields to dominate, The Collectables will keep everyone coming back to the frontline when it’s released in 2014.

Players that preregister for The Collectables will be notified when the game is available for free download, and they will receive an exclusive version of the in-game character RELOAD equipped with limited-edition gear. To preregister, please visit the game's website: http://www.thecollectablesgame.com

About DeNA
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) is a global leader of developing and operating mobile services including free-to-play games, the Mobage social games platform, e-commerce and other online offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 31.08.2004, 14:16Posts: 203Location: Rotterdam, Holland Likes: 32

Post Topic: Re: The Collectables
PostPosted 11.12.2013, 18:24 
This looks like a good mobile game. A bit like the "Commandos" games we had in the past on the PC. Wonder how easy it will be to move around and select things using the phone.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 23.01.2012, 22:22Posts: 375Location: Brazil Likes: 25

PostPosted 11.12.2013, 19:46 
Looks Very Cool :D

Quote by Ash712:
"I always say anything is possible if you take the time to figure it out/do it"

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5482Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 163

PostPosted 11.12.2013, 20:37 
Ooh, slick! I'm mindblown that this is actually able to run on mobile so easily, well done, Crytek! ;)
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.05.2010, 16:17Posts: 590 Likes: 69

PostPosted 11.12.2013, 23:42 
Quote:
Available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices through DeNA's mobile games platform Mobage

Good job, I hope the tens of people who try will enjoy it. :p

Seriously though, even Fibble is not available on google play.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.11.2011, 18:22Posts: 205Location: Nottingham Likes: 15

PostPosted 13.12.2013, 03:16 
Loved Fibble, bring on Collectables.

"Video Games mean so much to me that when others play or observe what I have made, I hope that it will mean a little more to them" - Samuel Johnston Quality Assurance Engineer
User avatar   Community Manager Community ManagerMember since: 15.05.2013, 17:55Posts: 1059Location: Frankfurt, Germany Likes: 406

PostPosted 13.12.2013, 11:14 
Quote by darkchazz:
Quote:
Available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices through DeNA's mobile games platform Mobage

Good job, I hope the tens of people who try will enjoy it. :p

Seriously though, even Fibble is not available on google play.

The Collectables will come to both Apple and Android Devices next year (though I am not sure about the exact models it will be available/ run on).

Marcel H, Online Marketing Manager @ Crytek

Follow us on Facebook: /CRYENGINEOfficial
Follow us on Twitter: @CRYENGINE
Talk to me on Twitter: @Com_Raven
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 11.05.2013, 17:23Posts: 283 Likes: 47

PostPosted 16.12.2013, 08:31 
what the... hm ok.