View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.08.2011, 21:18Posts: 47 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Crytek Takes Aim With Crysis 3
PostPosted 18.04.2012, 10:59 
Quote by nsk:
Crysis 2 had high quality textures, but you have to download it.

Erm, have you seen Maldo's textures? Crysis 2 own 'high quality' textures simply cannot compare. The amount of work Maldo has put into these textures has completely reinvigorated Crysis 2, everything looks photorealistic and runs MUCH smoother in DX11 than Crysis 2 DX11 vanilla!
Check Maldo's site here http://maldotex.blogspot.co.uk/

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.08.2008, 14:45Posts: 52Location: USA Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 16:01 
Like Mnoza said in his post, I've had more fun with the EDITOR than the whole Crysis 2 game!

When FarCry hit the market, most gamers did not have a computer that would let you play it in full mode, but it had a great editor. FarCry lived on because Matto and others made great mods and levels for it to keep the gamers interested in FarCry.

Then Crysis hit the market, and again you needed a high-end computer, so this time I went out and bought one. And again, that was because the game came with a great editor. The “Make Your Own Level” contest and use of the editor kept Crysis alive for years.

Finally Crysis 2 came along, and I now have the computer power to play the game the way it is meant to be played. Unfortunately, there was no editor on the disk with the game, and I (like everyone else) was very disappointed. The gaming community had to wait, but finally the great editor did come out, but it was too late. Many gamers initially played the game, but because the editor wasn’t included with the game, they quickly lost interest. The game was over for them, and they moved on to the next game. There was nothing else for them to do with it without the editor.

Let’s face it - the game has stayed alive because of the great editor. The delay in releasing the editor with Crysis 2 did some serious damage to the Crysis community and lots of good people simply moved on to other games instead of playing the waiting game for the editor.

So CryTek, please, this time put the top-of-the-line editor (the one with all the goods in it, right at the start) on the first disk released. The great editor is the life blood of the Crysis series. In my opinion, there’s no sense in even releasing Crysis 3 until the full editor can be included with the game from day one.

My Current Projects:
Demo Flight
Battle Zone
Convoy
AI Initiative Action
Cooperative Animation System
10 single player level projects are now available.
Learn CryEngine3 with Crysis2 MODSDK – Enhance your learning with FREESDK !
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 06.06.2010, 22:27Posts: 529Location: Turku, Finland Likes: 2

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 16:20 
Quote by ridgeline:
So CryTek, please, this time put the top-of-the-line editor (the one with all the goods in it, right at the start) on the first disk released. The great editor is the life blood of the Crysis series. In my opinion, there’s no sense in even releasing Crysis 3 until the full editor can be included with the game from day one.

+1
The editor was at first the only reason why I bought Crysis 1. It was only after playing around the editor for quite a while that I actually played the game.
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 27.08.2010, 00:10Posts: 67Location: FFM Likes: 1

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 16:53 
well actually...you guys already have the crysis3 editor, so i dont get your arguments here...awaiting your preorder :D
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10628Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 652

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 17:21 
Quote by Sava:
Placing the game in new york again is just a cheap way of reducing game design times by recycling old props and game assets. This may as well be a dlc for crysis 2

Actually, pretty much all of the assets are new or at least re-worked. About the only thing similar about it being in NYC is the name.

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.12.2007, 19:42Posts: 640 Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 17:32 
http://wccftech.com/crysis-3-franchise- ... rs-pyscho/

I really hope this stuff is true. If it is, I know I will love Crysis 3.
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5064 Likes: 210

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 18:09 
What's the meaning of side mission?
Secondly objective of level? or Supplement to game?

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 13.12.2011, 19:25Posts: 511Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 18:15 
Quote:
New factions and the return of an old buddy – Physco (CRYSIS Warhead’s protagonist).

LOL :cheesy: They wrote "Physco"

I hope We can play as Psycho
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 06.06.2010, 22:27Posts: 529Location: Turku, Finland Likes: 2

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 18:31 
Quote by Cry-Olli:
well actually...you guys already have the crysis3 editor, so i dont get your arguments here...awaiting your preorder :D

Are you referring to the Free SDK or...?
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.12.2011, 00:21Posts: 41Location: Wales Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 21:23 
do you have to have Origin to play this because i'd rather not have spyware on my computer if you dont have to have Origin then i'll be buying it if you do then you've lost another customer
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 06.10.2008, 18:38Posts: 289Location: Berlin, Germany Likes: 2

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 02:13 
@modsuki
Secondary objectives yes. Same as Crysis 1.

Released !!! DOWNLOAD NOW !!!
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.08.2011, 23:42Posts: 11Location: Russia Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 03:15 
Hellow, dont speak english. MaxPower in Crysis 3 as was in Crysis.
1) With maximum power movement speed and sprint is faster at 35%
2) Arm weapon, spear, chopper or bow have more damage
3) Using leg in melee atack, not hand
4) Jamp is not higher, but further. Tackle is further too
5) Can run on wall parallel, like Spiderman (strong fingers), but go dawn all time. I mean with maximum speed can slowly dawn and rum on wall. Jamp on wall - is up (some walls have maximum run on height), crouch - is back on the floor. One hand weapon can shoot or throw then run on wall. All walls as vertical ladder
6) Only Maxpower can kick and throw big objects, hand attack can not throw big objects. Boots atack fast, as hand attack and only with MaxPower. As karate in the air and on flour with using legs and arms.
7) With maximum power Prothet can knock without atack, if he run on some enemy.
8) Many objects (for example, boxes of ammunition) have point. With MaxPower can hover cursor on this point, press jamp and if suitable range of jamp, Prothet jamp to this point, use all energy. Trees and another objects have points, can jamp from one tree to another tree, as Predator
9) MaxPower autimaticly is on then kick car or another big object, or open elevator, as in Crysis 2

And
1) All activation is added for. 1 MaxArmor 2 MaxSteals 3 MaxScan 4 MaxPower 5 or one of the mouse buttons cancels scored activations. Four active activations use energy to fast. If press active activation again, activation is off, if press 5 or mouse button of all activations. Dubble press one of the activations is on only this activation, change active activation or activations to this activation, as in Crysis 2
2) Only nanovisor (MaxScan) can find mines. Nanovisor is sniper. Cam bit further and accuraty is little more with any weapon.
3) There is no zoomer, it do nanowisor, then mouse scroll zoom in weapon down and zoomer wint termoscan, becouse with zoomer all location is explored.

Combinations of four activations are change effects on cam
1) MaxArmor
2) MAxStealth
3) MaxScan
4) MaxPower
5) MaxArmor and MaxStealth
6) MaxArmor and MaxScan
7) MaxArmor and MaxPower
8) MaxStealth and MaxScan
9) MaxStealth and MaxPower
10) MaxScan and MaxPower
11) MaxArmor and MaxStealth and MaxScan
12) MaxArmor and MaxStealth and MaxPower
13) MaxArmor and MaxScan and MaxPower
14) MaxStealth and MaxScan and MaxPower
15) MaxArmor and MaxStealth and MaxScan and MaxPower

15 species of cam effect, mixed 4 effects or 15 simple effects. Nanosuit 2.1 change structure with addition new activation. Not to change one activation to another activation.

MaxScan and Maxpower nanosuit skin as http://s017.radikal.ru/i401/1204/b8/cf184bb00368.jpg

4) Alian enemy - Tantacle from under land with capsule with aliens and tantacle-tower with energy gun, shoot in its range
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 30.06.2011, 13:37Posts: 459Location: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada Likes: 3

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 03:35 
we want the collectors edition not an origin pre-order, please give us another pretty statue i will pre order that:)

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 01.07.2011, 02:08Posts: 252 Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 03:53 
Quote by SnowGecko:
we want the collectors edition not an origin pre-order, please give us another pretty statue i will pre order that:)

I don't really care about the collectors edition, I just don't want to order it from Origin. I hear bad things about them, one being their invasive Terms of Agreement, refusal to re-download, getting banned at all is pretty important, and other such things. When I say banned, I mean that you'll get banned. Your purchases are void. It doesn't even have to be a legitimate claim and you could still get banned. I had a terrible experience with this from Nexon America because they employ a guilty-until-proven-innocent moderation style nowadays (someone only has to accuse you for you to be banned), but fortunately I never gave a cent to them.
I extremely dislike having digital-download be the sole method of purchasing a retail game. If I buy it, I want a physical copy. That way, even if I wasn't banned, they couldn't pull a **** move and I could reinstall the game if I wanted to.

Also: The Origin preorder page isn't very specific. How am I supposed to choose between the other two packs besides Overkill? Also believe it's pretty stupid for EA to only offer the Overkill pack for digital-downloaders. I don't really understand that. What makes downloading a digital copy more superior than owning a physical copy?
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 05.11.2007, 18:06Posts: 703Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 15:57 
Thanks ridgeline, exactly how im feeling.
Crytek pretty much killed off the modding community with Crysis 2.
They changed crymod to crydev, which has a horrible eye-hurting layout and completely removed
the peoples main source for mods and levels; crymods download section. Also no 32bit Crysis 2 editor.

And now look at this website, a shadow of its former glory. Even the Cryengine 3 section is basicly
dead, seems like noone even cares about a brilliant AND free engine anymore.

I recently installed Crysis 2 again. Removed it after starting it once. Why?
A FoV that is too damn low even for consoles, No editor for me, Dumbed down Nanosuit, and a non existing storyline.
Youve got a lot to make up for Crytek, especially for the PC crowd. I dont expect you to actually deliver quality this time, since profit is probably what you are aiming for again.

Quote:
Also believe it's pretty stupid for EA to only offer the Overkill pack for digital-downloaders. I don't really understand that. What makes downloading a digital copy more superior than owning a physical copy?

More direct profit for EA.