View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5469Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 155

Post Topic: Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark
PostPosted 24.05.2012, 19:33 
Quote by Dictator93:
MMmmmmm. Wow. I am blown away. Your sense of style and color is incredible. I cannot wait.

Thanks! Those are the two most important graphical features in this game, so I'm glad you think I'm doing well with it.

Quote by andrey_filantrop:
Well, Ray. I think its not nice everytime to comment everytime, what everytime is nice.

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. Can you rephrase that? If you're asking why I respond to everyone, it's polite, plus I enjoy it.

In other news, I improved the Dream Forest quite a lot in the last few days, with the addition of three fern models I made and Spanex textured (haha, we make a great team):

For the vegetation leaves/ferns/grass, I decided to, instead of use the "detail bending" option, I'm using Vertex Deformation, because it gives you much more freedom and it applies to brushes as well.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 25.05.2012, 11:00 
Great and nice, RayFan - is what i just wanted to say. :)) Also that means, that everything you are making here is looking impressive in such a huge level (maybe thats just me, but im tired of using CE for creation kill-em-all style mods), that i'm tired to comment how nice each update is. And replying to everybody in your thread is a very polite style of communication, i totally agree. So, dont pay many serious attention on my comments.
BTW, i think, u may try to create 2 colored leaves of the trees, instead of just monochromatic green, or maybe just add vertex colors for them to make them not so monochromatic greeen (even if its for your fairytale concept). At least 2 trees variations may be done: with more green leaves and with more yellow or red or blue or any other leaves color. Just a thought. :)

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 20.09.2011, 23:12Posts: 232Location: mexico Likes: 18

PostPosted 28.05.2012, 21:25 
the visual style begins to like me more, I initially resisted but now looks more unified, very nice
...i had a feeling to bite pencils
ps: can rayman sleep in the hammock?
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 18.05.2009, 19:01Posts: 152Location: United States Likes: 6

PostPosted 28.05.2012, 22:52 
Quote by RayFan9876:
well.

I love this picture, amazingly well done. Very "Spielberg".

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5469Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 155

PostPosted 31.05.2012, 11:57 
Quote by andrey_filantrop:
Great and nice, RayFan - is what i just wanted to say. :)) Also that means, that everything you are making here is looking impressive in such a huge level (maybe thats just me, but im tired of using CE for creation kill-em-all style mods), that i'm tired to comment how nice each update is. And replying to everybody in your thread is a very polite style of communication, i totally agree. So, dont pay many serious attention on my comments.
BTW, i think, u may try to create 2 colored leaves of the trees, instead of just monochromatic green, or maybe just add vertex colors for them to make them not so monochromatic greeen (even if its for your fairytale concept). At least 2 trees variations may be done: with more green leaves and with more yellow or red or blue or any other leaves color. Just a thought. :)

Coloured leaves are definitely a good idea. It's come to mind before, I just need to get around to making it happen.

Quote by robe_id:
the visual style begins to like me more, I initially resisted but now looks more unified, very nice
...i had a feeling to bite pencils
ps: can rayman sleep in the hammock?

Aha, I always bite my pencils.

Actually, yes, you can make him lie down it it after you wake up from it at the very beginning of the game. It's just a little fun feature - I was sort of inspired by paper Marion, which lets you do a tonne of pointless things like that.

Quote by SDF:
I love this picture, amazingly well done. Very "Spielberg".

You think so? I appreciate that. I have always thrived on his cinematography.

Now, for some ambient audio:

For all four of these, I merely recorded the bathroom sink in mono with my AKG C214 condenser microphone. At 3:30, it plays the original raw three clips I recorded. Afterward, I modified them in Logic Pro (by panning and phasing with a touch of reverb, overlaying some, then speeding up/slowing down segments). Here's the ambience list:

0:00 - Ambience 1
0:55 - Ambience 2
1:56 - Ambience 3
2:25 - Ambience 4

3:30 - Raw Sample 1
3:45 - Raw Sample 2
4:08 - Raw Sample 3

You might want to turn the volume up a bit.

I even slowed some clips down by as much twenty times to obtain that deep growling sound you would get from a deep see of lava.

This image is a scene from the Ice Volcano, right before you actually enter the volcano itself.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.01.2012, 23:06Posts: 46 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.06.2012, 03:06 
the project looks very cool, keep the amazing work , THUMB UP

Muhammad A.Moniem
Lead Game Developer
mamoniem.wordpress.com

PostPosted 07.06.2012, 07:49 
Quote by mamoniem:
the project looks very cool, keep the amazing work , THUMB UP

Hahah, thanks!

I've started modelling The Grand Vulture Rhook. Any anatomy issues?

n the end he will have ragged blue/brown/grey feathers on his head to give the appearance of tattered age.

Drawing version from about a year ago; my 2D artwork has improved since:

EDIT: Missed a toe!

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.12.2007, 04:08Posts: 1091Location: Australia Likes: 5

PostPosted 08.06.2012, 10:11 
I had the first ever Rayman, which was on the Atari Jaguar. Your work is bringing back happy memories :]

PostPosted 20.06.2012, 13:34 
Quote by Ilsamir Lord:
I had the first ever Rayman, which was on the Atari Jaguar. Your work is bringing back happy memories :]

Haha, I'm getting you guys all over the place! :)

I wrote a lyrical song that plays in the game in the specified environment, the Temporal Palace. Take a look:

Quote by Description:
Sometimes the phrase 'all is lost' is meant literally. All is lost. Rayman will walk home to see everyone he knew, even his home The Dream Forest, burnt to a pile of ashes. The memories of his now-lost family, friends, all mocking him, tearing his dignity to shreds because he couldn't end Dark Rayman's reign in time.

But in the Temporal Palace, who knows what's possible?

Lyrics:

Please don't leave me
I'm not ready
Go on home now
To your tree bough

I'm not ready
Please don't leave me
Let me know tonight

Please don't leave me
I'm not ready
Go on home now
To your tree bough

We are sorry
Please don't leave us
Let me say farewell

• Stick around for the whole video. It's a video slideshow, and the scene changes every so often.

• Take note of how the pendulum actually ticks in time with the music (visible in the second scene).

• Rhook sits upon this Great Grandfather Clock, waiting for Rayman. This music plays as Rayman begins to climb it.

• The Temporal Palace was originally supposed to be in Rayman 4, but said game was cancelled, and all they had to show for it was this piece of concept art:

I'm trying to bring that to life.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.12.2011, 08:44Posts: 865 Likes: 22

PostPosted 20.06.2012, 13:49 
this project getting cooler
you are awesome man, the true Rayman Fan in Crydev :D

Portfolio
"As far as assets go, your vegitation is pretty good" -Ryan Schake [Themodman101]
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 20.09.2011, 23:12Posts: 232Location: mexico Likes: 18

PostPosted 20.06.2012, 14:51 
u are a one man band... 8o how u learnt to do all those things?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 07.02.2012, 17:13Posts: 3Location: Lol why do you want to know Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.06.2012, 00:01 
Raye, do I need to tell you again how amazing this is?

...screw it THIS IS AMAZING

if you need any helps, again just say :easter:

I have no signature atm but hoping to rectify this soon
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3272 Likes: 2

PostPosted 26.06.2012, 21:56 
wow.. im liking the Nintendo64 feel! Well first time seeing this and dont know anything about it.. but I enjoyed watching the video.. great job
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 28.10.2007, 15:25Posts: 844Location: Denmark Likes: 1

PostPosted 28.06.2012, 08:10 
Those ferns there look a little bit low res compared to the palms.

PostPosted 28.06.2012, 08:38 
Quote by axeldev:
this project getting cooler
you are awesome man, the true Rayman Fan in Crydev :D

Been a fan since 1998. :)

Quote by robe_id:
u are a one man band... 8o how u learnt to do all those things?

Interest perhaps. I've always liked knowing how to do everything, and I use my time very productively.

Quote by PetrifiedJazzHands:
Raye, do I need to tell you again how amazing this is?

...screw it THIS IS AMAZING

if you need any helps, again just say :easter:

Aha thanks Milly! Nice to see you here.

Quote by VengenceBot:
wow.. im liking the Nintendo64 feel! Well first time seeing this and dont know anything about it.. but I enjoyed watching the video.. great job

N64 feel? I'm not entirely sure what you mean, though I do slightly, if you know what I mean. :P

Quote by BmB:
Those ferns there look a little bit low res compared to the palms.

The ferns are actually at a 512x512 resolution, but what you're seeing on the palms is probably the fact that each individual pinna is a three-sided mesh. Unoptimal? Palms aren't used too often in the environment, and they're usually larger than the other trees, so I figured I could give them some really nice extra detail. They aren't finished though, I still have to add that fluffy crap that hangs down from the top. If you take a look, you'll also see that the huge trees are much higher poly than the normal ones bunched together.

The ferns don't have a bumpmap yet though, so that will probably help a lot as well.

All in all I'm going for a fairly high polycount (ranging from 1-4 million polys rendering). Considering this project will take years still to finish, that shouldn't be a problem.