View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.05.2012, 20:27Posts: 23 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: create a RTS game from start to finish in Cryengine 3
PostPosted 03.06.2012, 12:37 
Quote by Richmar1:
are you asking for just my levels that you see in my videos?

yes :)

Sorry for my poor english...

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.03.2011, 22:17Posts: 9 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.06.2012, 21:55 
too much
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 31.08.2011, 11:17Posts: 620 Likes: 351

PostPosted 03.06.2012, 22:25 
Quote by regoded:
too much

what do you mean, i don't understand? ?(
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.05.2012, 20:27Posts: 23 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.06.2012, 17:52 
Im watching part5 and i think you should use singleton pattern for your rts mouse class. And so, you can acess your mouse object(instance of your class) from everywhere. Like global variables but more safe :)

Sorry for my poor english...
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.03.2011, 22:17Posts: 9 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.06.2012, 20:19 
You make too many for us
but uploading level is unnecessary
(Russia,Bad language :meow: )
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 07.07.2011, 18:51Posts: 304Location: Colorado, United States Likes: 1

PostPosted 18.06.2012, 20:52 
Hey Richmar1! You seem the be the expert here on creating a RTS game/mode and such...So I have got a question for you. So....here it is.
Is it possible to create a RTS/FPS game. Meaning you could switch between FP and RTS modes. Is this possible within the CE3? I know it has been done with the CE2 with the RTS mod that was created (by whom I cannot seem to remember). But can it be done within the CE3? From what I remember the CE2 and CE3 have many of the same features. But did this flowgraph nodes and scripts transfer over to the CE3 from the CE2?

The flow of time is always cruel...Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days...
- Sheik from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 12.05.2012, 22:10Posts: 129 Likes: 1

PostPosted 28.06.2012, 21:01 
Hi, Rich,

Your job is very impressive. I have a big respect, that you took a break as you did very huge job in so short time. And wish that after your break you will come back to RTS.

But I have some issues with your code different versions. Part 2 of your code works perfect, but after several days I still can't integrate part 3 and 4, which looks the most exciting. As I am doing by instruction (merge code files), I can't get well compiling project.

Should I merge the last or specific version (part) directly with crytek code, or step by step merge - for example merge part 1, after that merge part 2, then part 3 and finally part 4 ?
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 31.08.2011, 11:17Posts: 620 Likes: 351

PostPosted 28.06.2012, 23:18 
Quote by chanfort:
Hi, Rich,

Your job is very impressive. I have a big respect, that you took a break as you did very huge job in so short time. And wish that after your break you will come back to RTS.

But I have some issues with your code different versions. Part 2 of your code works perfect, but after several days I still can't integrate part 3 and 4, which looks the most exciting. As I am doing by instruction (merge code files), I can't get well compiling project.

Should I merge the last or specific version (part) directly with crytek code, or step by step merge - for example merge part 1, after that merge part 2, then part 3 and finally part 4 ?

You should merge part 1 then part 2 then part 3 then part 4 etc..... Keep in mind that with the newer versions they will not work without "some" modifiications. for example in the newer versions i integrated speech recognition and the code will not compile without installing "Special" packages. you are probably having problems with the speech integration. It would also help if you uploaded a pic of some error so i can take a look thanks and hope to hear from you soon
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.06.2012, 22:35Posts: 18 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.07.2012, 05:40 
Somewhat related, as I've been trying to follow the tutorials to pick up a few things. However, I'm wondering if you ever/will ever go into depth on explaining your knowledge of how the system is set up? Because I feel as though that's a huge problem with learning how to program for the CryEngine, it's the fact I have no idea where to start.

For example, say you wanted the player entity, so you could modify some values on them. How would you go about finding them?

I'm mainly just having problems understanding the entire layout with the amount of interfaces, and such.

PostPosted 03.07.2012, 03:16 
Here you go, Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!
My RTS Full Source Code Part 5 (49 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?9two5a1h209eg40

ChangeLog:

1) lol actually i just looked at my current code and i realized that i released a non-working version (Version 3 and 4) so it wasn't your fault lol but here is the most up to date version. just put these in your code folder and overwrite everything. then just load up the new solution in Visual C++.

Please respect my hard work and don't claim it to be yours.

Install Instructions:
just extract anywhere then put the folders in cryengine's Code folder Overwriting everything. IMPORTANT: back up your original Code folder so you can go back when you're done using my source code. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted 03.07.2012, 10:36 
hello all richmar1 here. i forgot one more file that is needed for my code to work with any level

in order to use my code you will need to have a custom entity Named "GameCamera" in the level. here is the custom entity: (508 bytes)http://www.mediafire.com/?vuwnfdl5wf9c3st

Installation Instructions:
Extract anywhere then merge the My "Game" folder with Cryengine's "Game" folder. All you have to do now is to place my custom entity in each level you want to use my code with.
Add it through "Rollup Bar->Entity->Cameras->GameCamera"
and you're all set. Enjoy and sorry for not including this a while ago.

PostPosted 05.07.2012, 15:36 
Here you go, Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!
My RTS Full Source Code Part 6 (46.97 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?hb3xxqf4bdqmd6g

ChangeLog:

1) In Version 5 I completely left the code that handles unit selection and movement blank. (in my own version it seems to have gotten deleted) but it is fixed now and fully working again.

2) up until now i have neglected to include the custom entities needed to make the rts build system work, they are now included

3) While placing buildings they are now taken into account by the ai navigation system in realtime. and already placed buildings by my build system are also taken into acount by the ai navigation system.

4) My build system will now make sure that you can not build a structure in a spot that a structure already exists.

5) Keep in mind that my "Structure_Stage_1_House" entity is loading my own custom model and this model is not and will not be included. make sure you modify the .lua file to load your own model.

Please respect my hard work and don't claim it to be yours.

Install Instructions:
just extract anywhere then put my folders in cryengine's ROOT folder Overwriting everything. IMPORTANT: back up your original ROOT folder so you can go back when you're done using my source code. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted 06.07.2012, 23:18 
hello everyone just here with a nice little feature.

My Custom RTS Cryengine Editor Tool!!!!!!! Part 1

this shows off the beginning of my hopefully really neat cryengine editor tool designed for making RTS game "paths". these paths can be used for instance, to dynamically lay out a specific path with the mouse and have your selected units follow it exactly. currently, it works as an offline path generator and not dynamically but will be extended to create paths in real-time with visual feedback. Please be nice as i only spent 1 hour on it so far. by the way the concept of a "path" tool ame from crydev.net user Eraile. but all coding and mechanics are done by me!!!!! So Enjoy and stay tuned!!!!! PLEASE COMMENT and RATE,GOOD or BAD so i know how i did. Remember all of my tutorials will be HD so if its not, just wait before watching, youtube takes a while to post the HD version.

PostPosted 18.07.2012, 00:11 
Hello All!!!! Richmar1 here with a nice an exciting announcement and tutorial!!!! :D

[IMPORTANT] RTS Tutorials Return and the release of my Full "Seaman" c++ Source Code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today i talk about the release of my FULL "Seaman" C++ Source Code and my return to doing RTS tutorials!!!!! I also do a tutorial on using my now completed Dynamic conversations scripting app which will get you up and running making cool, new, dynamic conversations for my "Seaman" C++ Source code!!! So Enjoy and stay tuned!!!!! PLEASE COMMENT and RATE,GOOD or BAD so i know how i did. Remember all of my tutorials will be HD so if its not, just wait before watching, youtube takes a while to post the HD version.

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 22.08.2011, 09:34Posts: 1728Status: Online Likes: 178

PostPosted 18.07.2012, 21:42 
Ah nice to see some more stuff Rich.. Keep em coming and thanks. ;)