View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.07.2012, 13:15Posts: 23Location: Mitcham Likes: 0

Post Topic: First time mapping.
PostPosted 08.07.2012, 05:10 
Hello!

Its my first time mapping in CryEngine 3, not the best to be honest but just need more practice :D Sure is hard and laggy but way better then any other engines I tried!
Here are some screenies!

Ancient Settlement

Modern Settlement:

Caribbean styled Island:

Please let me know what you think!
Thank you!

Last edited by Namaco on 08.07.2012, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 17.07.2011, 04:14Posts: 586Location: The TyTilian Core Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: First time mapping.
PostPosted 08.07.2012, 06:44 
Not bad :D Though I think you should try to get your ground textures to match the grass and vegetation a little bit better as it would help the level to 'flow' and would make it look much nicer to the player/viewer. But still, pretty good for your first time. Keep up the good work! :)
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.07.2012, 13:15Posts: 23Location: Mitcham Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.07.2012, 16:16 
Quote by zirakuta:
Not bad :D Though I think you should try to get your ground textures to match the grass and vegetation a little bit better as it would help the level to 'flow' and would make it look much nicer to the player/viewer. But still, pretty good for your first time. Keep up the good work! :)

Yea you are right, its hard to get it all matched up specially when theres loads of trees and grass and so on to choose from :D
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 11.11.2011, 07:36Posts: 837Location: Asia Likes: 2

PostPosted 08.07.2012, 18:02 
Quote by Norton:
Hello!

Its my first time mapping in CryEngine 3, not the best to be honest but just need more practice :D Sure is hard and laggy but way better then any other engines I tried!
Here are some screenies!
Thank you!

nice level design but change the skybox and adjust the Tod settings :))

Role :Texture artist
My skills : Level Designer|Game Designer|Sound Designer|3D Artist|2D Artist|

PostPosted 08.07.2012, 18:06 
Quote by ceylonfarmer:
Quote by Norton:
Hello!

Here are some screenies!
Thank you!

nice level design but change the skybox and adjust the Tod settings :))

Don't know how to do that yet but next time will do (will find a tutorial on it :P) and mind asking whats TOD?

EDIT: NVM got it all :P going to make a tropical island now :D soon will add pictures!

EDIT Again:

Added something new, tried to make something Pirate styled like hehe
Caribbean styled Island: