View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.07.2012, 08:31Posts: 27Location: Seattle, Washington, USA Likes: 0

Post Topic: Pathophysiology Simulator: Intangible Realm
PostPosted 19.07.2012, 21:44 
I am currently starting up a project that simulates a human body, basically... you have many stats like heart rate, breathing rate, metabolism, body weight, blood volume, blood pressure (including diastolic and systolic), hemorrhage coagulation rate, blood synthesis rate, kilo-calories, hydration, protein, fat, and many more are planned for the future.

The setting is undecided as of right now, but I'm thinking of having it randomly generated every time a game is starting up, if I could figure that out... there will be trees to chop down, shelters to build, game to kill, plants to grow and use, and more.

It will be a game of survival, NOT with zombies or all that unrealistic BS, it will be as REAL as possible, like the game Unreal World, if anyone's played that. Even that game is a bit unrealistic though, what with all the ancient nordic rituals you can perform that help you...

I have no media as of right now, but I've put many hours of work into this and have a good system down so far with effects for low health and blood loss. More work will be done.

§

Last edited by toxiciron on 27.07.2012, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.07.2012, 08:31Posts: 27Location: Seattle, Washington, USA Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Pathophysiology Simulator - Unreal World 3D?
PostPosted 21.07.2012, 07:45 
http://youtu.be/AHzsQbJ8j2U?hd=1

New media! Sorry for the lack of good FPS, fraps brings it down quite a bit, and that only adds to the fact that my graphics card already sucks...
Mechanics and gameplay are being added in first, watch the video to see the lowdown!

EDIT: Also, if anyone has any suggestions for this project, let me know! Currently I'm thinking about the title of the project, I don't know whether I should call it Unreal World 3D or, as an allusion to Unreal World, Legendary Domain! Whaddya think?

§
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.01.2012, 18:39Posts: 208Location: Shadow-City Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.07.2012, 10:15 
This is actually quite good. How much programming must be done for you to complete your project though?

Contact Shadow-Tech:
Personal email: AltairzShadow@hotmail.co.uk
Shadow-Tech Email: Shadow_Tech_Studios@hotmail.co.uk
Steam: AltairzShadow510
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 24.09.2011, 11:14Posts: 139Location: Dar-es-salaam Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.07.2012, 11:17 
Hmm I like the idea but the problem is you know you would need to find a way to fit diseases and other high problems nowadays e.g High cholesterol , Diabetes , AIDS , FLU e.t.c

hmmmmmmmm no wait , oh no never mind

PostPosted 21.07.2012, 19:39 
How much programming? Well as of right now, everything's being done with Gametokens and Flowgraphs, but there is still plenty more to do. Perhaps I'll upload a picture of the flowgraph just to show how much I've done so far. I've already included maybe 1/3 of body mechanics into the gametokens, but maybe only 10% into flowgraphs.

Diseases like diabetes and high cholesterol and obesity would actually be relatively easy to implement, but would rarely be seen in a survival setting anyways. There is a TON of manual labor being done, making the person very fit, and all the food being eaten is as unprocessed as it gets! XD I've actually already created a big huge graph in another program (FreeMind) that maps out most causes of death in human beings. That will be my reference. I'm thinking I'll upload a picture of my gametokens, my flowgraph, and my FreeMind graph.

EDIT: AIDS? Really? I don't think I'll be including butt-sex in my game o.O LOL

§

PostPosted 22.07.2012, 23:36 
UPDATE: Here is some of my more recent work.
THIS IS FOR CALLE.

§
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 24.09.2011, 11:14Posts: 139Location: Dar-es-salaam Likes: 0

PostPosted 23.07.2012, 04:09 
Those are alot of blue lines

PostPosted 23.07.2012, 04:57 
Yes it is, for 2 reasons
-Harder to copy :-D
-Save processing power by not doing the same operation several times for each section. Honestly, I don't know if this is true or not... or if the actual created scripting forces it to calculate every time for each connection.

§

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 00:18 
I haven't the faintest idea what BOTH of you are trying to tell me.

§
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.07.2012, 19:30Posts: 7 Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 17:30 
This looks really good. I always wanted a fool blown survival game! Ill keep checking back

PostPosted 24.07.2012, 22:52 
Quote by mxjoeshow:
This looks really good. I always wanted a fool blown survival game! Ill keep checking back

Yes, thank you, so have I! You might wanna check out Stranded II, that game is a bit like what I'm aiming for.

Also, if anyone could help me with a quick problem, that would be great... http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=95245

§

PostPosted 25.07.2012, 04:24 
Same well good luck with your project

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 798Location: Calgary / Alberta / Canada Likes: 14

PostPosted 27.07.2012, 10:18 
Nice job.

I'm working on a similar system, for my mod. I just got a question on how you got it to detect if a player takes damage.

Have fun!

I love everyone :)

PostPosted 27.07.2012, 15:41 
Thankee kindly! The way my mod works is rather than checking IF damage was taken, it just recalculates all of the effects BASED ON health every 0.1 seconds. However, the flowgraph node Game:ActorSensor has an output triggered every time health changes, with the output being the current health. That means that it won't necessarily give you the AMOUNT of damage taken, so if you're wanting to use that, you might want to end up triggering a Game:ActorGetHealth every tick instead, and, using a Time:FrameDelay in accordance with it, you can compare the two, say with a Math:Equal node, which triggers upon the two values NOT being equal (False). There really are a lot of mathematical ways to do it, actually.

§
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.07.2009, 06:18Posts: 254 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Pathophysiology Simulator: Intangible Realm
PostPosted 31.07.2012, 18:00 
awesome concept, and awesome map too by the looks of it...