Off Topic Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.07.2012, 22:59Posts: 0 Likes: 0

Post Topic: New Member - MrBlakeney!
PostPosted 17.07.2012, 23:06 
Just wanted to say hello, everybody! Hope this message finds you all well. I'm just getting back into modding (as I've no longer sworn allegiance to Apple products since their abandonment of the Pro user), as well as indie game development.

I'm primarily a writer and cameraman (the focus obviously on visual narrative), but I'm a whiz in Photoshop and Illustrator, and I've made a few models (though my limited skills have allowed only for structural work rather than characters). I'm writing a few things right now - mostly TV/Web Series - and I'm juggling a few different ideas for games. But the medium has always appealed to me tremendously, and I think it's the evolution of film (or AN evolution of film).

I work at Disney now, which is nice because it gives me office hours and personal time, so I'm going to be undertaking a few projects very seriously. I've had some experience with Cryengine's workflow and the game development process through friends at EA, and I'm well-versed in screenwriting and visual conceptualizing.

Anyway, hope to speak to you all soon and learn as much as I can. Thanks for having me.

All the Best,

Buster (MrBlakeney)

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 30.06.2011, 13:37Posts: 459Location: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada Likes: 3

Post Topic: Re: CryDev Members Introduction
PostPosted 26.07.2012, 04:57 
Welcome to all New CryDevlings :) good see some fresh posters

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.07.2012, 10:13Posts: 1 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Hello
PostPosted 26.07.2012, 10:25 
hello,anyone !I am new here
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 02.07.2012, 11:54Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.08.2012, 21:02 
Evening all! I've finally made an account and am going to spend some time getting involved with the Crydev community, Ive been lurking around for a few years and now is the time to contribute.

Im Scott Homer, Im an Artist at Crytek UK and I will hopefully be able to help out with some of the art issues on the forums from time to time, and also post up some of my own work for critique.

Looking forward to getting aquainted with you all!
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5447Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 152

PostPosted 04.08.2012, 21:26 
Howdy, staff member! :) Good to see more of them joining the forums, professional help and critique is always a good thing to have around.

You better get yourself an avatar!

Last edited by Adsolution on 15.93.2014, 05:29, edited 58 times in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 08.08.2012, 10:17Posts: 0 Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.08.2012, 10:24 
Hi ,

I am new here,very happy to learn from you.
Portal 2 - two pack
Saints Row 3
Warhammer 40k : Space Marine
Bulletstorm (This game is so stupid it made me lol, should've gotten it way earlier)
Tropico 4
Half-Life Opposing Force
Half-Life Blue Shift
Tribes Ascend steam starter

Spent around 50 euro's. Don't really regret buying any of the games though Opposing force was a bit of a disappointment.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 08.08.2012, 11:02 
Quote by Cry-ScottH:
Evening all! I've finally made an account and am going to spend some time getting involved with the Crydev community, Ive been lurking around for a few years and now is the time to contribute.

Im Scott Homer, Im an Artist at Crytek UK and I will hopefully be able to help out with some of the art issues on the forums from time to time, and also post up some of my own work for critique.

Looking forward to getting aquainted with you all!

Hi, ScottH man! Nice to see on more Crydevil here :) I have an idea, which may be extremely helpful to all of present-here-guys in their process of stuff creation. It would be really extremely COOL, if you could show here step-by-step process of creation of some model, which may be named "face" of Crysis 1. What i'm about? It may be extremely Crysisy palm, house, stone, but the most interesting is to see the process of creation of nostalgic North Korean face just from modeling and texturing to its mimic animation and export to game. I know, its long progress, but NK face from Crysis 1 was and still is really world famous piece of game art.

Thank you.

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5447Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 152

PostPosted 12.08.2012, 23:03 
Whoa, I just noticed that I joined when CryDev was only half its current age, yet back then, there were only 1/14 the amount of members there are now!

Last edited by Adsolution on 15.93.2014, 05:29, edited 58 times in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 13.08.2012, 11:01 
That doesnt change anything, Ray. Noone still can't get many stars in da rating, cause you've stolen them all.

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.10.2012, 02:13Posts: 0 Likes: 0

PostPosted 23.10.2012, 23:07 
Hello, AlienSting here. I'am very intrested in games and now, i wanna see if game development a could be interest.

So now it's time for me to learn some basic stuff about Cryengine 3 SDK.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.10.2012, 18:01Posts: 45Location: Santa Rosa, CA Likes: 6

PostPosted 28.10.2012, 18:47 
Hey all, I'm Zokk, but my real name's Connor (like John Connor, from the Terminator series) and I've been interested in storytelling for as long as I can remember. I like to experiment with all kinds of creative media; from film and art, to games and music; it all interests me.

I got into modding for the Source engine back in 2009, and used the Source SDK to create a sci-fi machinima and a mod for Half-Life 2 (two unrelated projects, neither of which I ever released) and I've been more and more interested in telling stories through games since then. Recently, I've been reading up more on CryENGINE 3, and the more I read about it and what it's capable of, the more I want to try my hand at developing a mod or helping develop a game with it.

My current skill set lends itself most to storytelling and writing for games and other visual and print media, but I've also been to film school and studied cinematography and lighting for film and TV, among other subjects; so I tend to have an eye for cinematic presentation and graphic design, too.

Stop using chromatic aberration to 'enhance' your work. It actually makes it look worse.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.11.2011, 17:15Posts: 17Location: Florida Likes: 0

PostPosted 07.11.2012, 02:06 
I'm Stubbz, 27, and i live in Florida, USA. I haven't been modding long but I'm really getting into it and enjoying myself. I've played games since the days of DOS and I'm excited to start creating my own. I'm in the midst of a masters in Digital Media and I have a bachelors in art and 3d modeling.

I'm really into game design and love breaking down the different elements of a game and going over design and game theory. I've worked as a 3d modeler for a couple DoD simulation companies, and have developed some virtual worlds as personal projects. I'm big into game theory and design and love digging deeper into those parts of games.

I'm actually using CryEgnine in my masters thesis, but I've been fiddling with it here and there for a little under a year...big time beginner. I have experience in Valve's Source's sdk (made some nice TF2 levels) and Bohemia Interactive's VBS engine (still a beginner there).

After my masters I hope to put some of my 3d virtual worlds into cryengine and get them into the WIP parts of the internet for feedback. For now though I'm consumed with making a killer virtual training game for my degree!

-stubbz
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 17.03.2012, 06:04Posts: 0 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Hey all
PostPosted 09.11.2012, 08:43 
Hey all, I'm Quasar from the east coast of the USA, sophomore in college. I'm majoring in Kinetic Imaging. I've actually had this account for almost a year because I stumbled upon the Cryengine 3 SDK. Didn't really go on the forums because...well I didn't see what good it'd do for me. But things have changed since then.

I did some playing around in Cryengine before last spring, when I got real interested in 3D modeling & animating using Maya. I have a lot of interests, sometimes I feel like I have too many interests for my own good. But I want to know all there is to know about Maya and Cryengine. I practiced some modeling & animating over the past few months and I'm finally starting a project; I also have a few super cool ideas and can't wait to get started on them. So hopefully I can get to posting some of my stuff here, get some feedback, and maybe collaborate with others.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 07.02.2012, 21:06Posts: 0Location: Netherlands Likes: 0

PostPosted 14.11.2012, 01:01 
Hello Crydev community!

Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Mark. I'm 19 years old and live in the Netherlands. I started to show an interest for game development about 3 years ago but have been going at it seriously for about a year now. I mostly kept quit on the forums because I had the feeling that I could not even start to approach the knowledge of most of the people here, but I'm starting to learn more and more :).

I started building games (well can't really call it my game, more of a mod/level) in game maker, moved on to the WC3 world editor and later the SCII editor. As I became more knowledgeable with these tools I got quite agitated by the lack of options within these tools so I wanted to give a more serious engine a try, thus I stumbled upon cryengine 3 :).

I will be posting some of my work shortly and any feedback given will be much appreciated!
Contact info etc is listed on my profile page here should you be interested.

Have a nice day :).

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 31.10.2012, 15:14Posts: 27Location: Germany Likes: 2

PostPosted 21.11.2012, 01:39 
Hi, my name is Chris. I'm 25 years old and I come from Germany. I am currently working on a small game project in SAE games class with my team mates. We decided to directly move from Unity to CryEngine, because we were amazed by the possibilities this engine provides - if used properly.
I've been working on this for like 6 month now, so I'm quite noobish, especially as far as coding and such is concerned, for I am an artist. :P
I hope to become a beneficial member of a growing community of people who work on their projects with passion :)

Greetings from Germany, and thank' s for reading :)

Chris

To the Hindenpeter!