Ok, after this wonderful flowgraph I promote myself to "flowgraph divinity"
Agility flowgraphDOWNLOAD v.4
downloads -As always, this asset can be freely used for any kind of map, mod or project; what I would like to have are simply credits and a PM to inform me.
Do you feel too slow? The suit modes don't give you enough satisfaction? What about improving the player's athletic abilities and make every kind of jump and climb possible?Description:
This flowgraph will add a lot of new possibilities and a lot more movement to the normal gameplay, thanks to it you will be able to perform various jumps, climbs, and other amazing stunts. Enjoy running around jumping against walls to reach the highest places, now only your creativity is what limits where you can go. Everything is dynamic.Note:
The flowgraph is intended to be used in first person only!
The flowgraph:List of features:
- Easy to use: load and play
- No setup needed: everything is calculated in a dynamical way
- Slightly increased high falls damage
- Movement speed is reduced of a certain amount for a certain amount of seconds after a bad fall
- The player can fall on the gound (ragdoll) when landing after an almost fatal fall
- Slightly increased jump heigth and length, in order to provide faster action and to be able to reach more places
- No more air control: once in mid-air you can't control your movements anymore (you can still look around)
- While in mid-air you can interact with edges and walls
- Edges interaction
-Able to grab on any kind of edge while in mid-air
-Can remain still and decide what to do: let go / jump away / climb
- Wall interaction
-Do a jump in order to jump away from the wall
-Do a jump in order to gain height on the wall itself
-Run on the wall for a couple of seconds, can jump away from it at any moment
- Combining everything together!
-You are able to combine all the moves together, to create a non-stop run and jump action
It is difficult to explain with words, better watch the video to understand better what the flowgraph is capable of.Video:
In the video are showcased all the possible moves and some examples on how they can be combined together, a lot more combinations are possible!Notes:
-Solids were used only to create clear examples, every kind of object is automatically recognized by the flowgraph.
-Wall running is a bit weird due to video recording, it will be a lot better when you'll try it
On the youtube page you can view the high quality version
This flowgraph has been created for the default controls: WASD to move and SPACE to jump.
Very intuitive and easy controls, they naturally blend with the default ones.
- Edges are automatically grabbed when looking at them and being in range
- Keep W pressed while looking forward and up to climb
- Press S to let go
- Look away from the edge and press space to jump away from it (you must be looking at a "realistic" jump angle)
- Press W while in mid-air and against a wall to kick it and jump up along it
- Press space while in mid-air and against a wall to jump away from it
- (Can be started on the ground or in mid-air) Keep pressed W+A or W+D (left or right wall) while near a wall and at a decent speed (running) to run on the wall; point with the mouse roughly at the direction you are running, or you'll lose your grip
- You can release at any moment W+A or W+D to stop running on the wall, or press space to jump away from it in the direction you're looking with the mouse
- Extract the file wherever you want
- Start Sandbox 2 editor
- Load a map
- Open the flowgraph window
- Inside the flowgraph window click File>Load and select the extracted file
- Play! No need of setup!
To save the flowgraph in the map assign it to an entity.Changelog v.4:
- Randomly unable to pick up items after a ledge grab -fixed
- Wall run start can be accidentally triggered while pressing the specified keys near dense vegetation -fixed
- Random camera roll could happen sometimes at the beginning of a wall run -fixed
- Wall run can be spammed by repeatedly pressing and releasing its activating keys -fixed
- Directional wall run jump
- Wall jump direction dependant on the player's approach angle
- Player ragdollizes (fall on the ground) after an almost fatal fall
- Selected weapon before a ledge grab is automatically re-selected after leaving the edge
Current version's bug reports and fixes:
- After a "let go" of an edge, the edge can sometimes immediately be re-grabbed -fixed
- Edge climbing is sometimes possible where it shouldn't, causing glitches -fixed
- Player could get stuck after being in mid-air and landing on specific "border places" -fixed
- Wall run don't get interrupted by obstacles and gaps-fixed
- Wall jumping at two angled walls could make the camera to rotate more than needed -fixed
- Climbing edges with certain camera angles could block the character for a few moments -fixed
- Improved wall run execution and obstacle detection
- Improved edge climb movements and results
(fixed = in the next version)
-Reaching the top of ladders is considered grabbing on an edge and blocks the ending animation - temporary fix: look up and jump and you'll "climb"To-do list:
-Slide on the ground
-Move on ledges left/right -partially done
-Switches to turn on/off specific abilities/all the agility flowgraph
-Roll on high-non lethal falls -partially done
-Introduce a very small amount of air-controlI consider the current version still a beta, please report any bugs you could find in this thread. You can also post comments, suggestions and nice impressions
-You are allowed to use this asset for any kind of map, mod or project; but please inform me and give credits.
-Please link to this Official forum thread and not directly to the download page.
-You are not allowed to re-upload this asset file somewhere else, provide a link to this page instead; everyone can download files from Crymod.
-Contact me for questions.
lol it is funny to write these things, but they make me feel mature