View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 14.03.2008, 21:31Posts: 1760 Likes: 38

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.11.2008, 22:03 
thanks Exodus! I hope you enjoy my work. It is not as good as your Bullet Penetration but it makes me feel good that at least anybody thinks it is good.
You saw the FG and you probably saw the comments were you can change the Camera height, so this should be no problem.
If you saw the HELP WITH... mod, there is already a full-working driver in there (all the way to the left next to the Jeep, I think you can change his position in the car with Q),
so this should be no problem, I will insert it the next time I will work on it. Actually I already thought about a system like - one of your units can drive anything; the MG guy always grabs the MG in the car...
Ladders are VERY difficult, however I made it when I was home, maybe I can do it again...
Grenades are obviously great, but I have no real idea how to tell the AI to throw them to a certain point. (Maybe anybody else knows - yes maybe you who is reading this!)
I think the Bullets of the AI never run out. I already noticed that in the game before. BUT there is a chance to make it. Although I don't think it is necessary 'cause the guys are really bad shooters and they need A LOT of ammo before they hit anything.

I would be glad if I could participate in your modding work, just let me know if you want me something to do. Actually I don't have 3dsMax on this computer, but maybe I can try the Trial version. AND: I don't know if the SDK works with the demo...

PS: I will think about the beer. :) :D

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 24.02.2008, 15:56Posts: 2479Location: Location: Location: Location: Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.11.2008, 23:09 
Thanks again ;)
Also, as you alredy know I quitted modding becouse of some rl trouble I'm having, so this takes out alot of my free time, and leaves none to serious modding like I used to do.
So I guess I'll work on the level demonstrating your mod in my free time, also there's no need to use 3dsMax or any modeling program for any of my projects, as all of my projects are made out of alredy made materials :rolleyes:

I'll let you know when I'll need some help, hope you will be able to help me when I'll need the help :P

Can I just make a small request ?
Is there any chance you could make one updated version of the whole TC mod ? (with the static camera, the vechicles, and the other stuff)
I wont be around my place tommorow, so obviously I wont be on the pc, and when I get back I wanna try to work on something right away without wasting any second :rolleyes:
Hope this doesnt bother you.

Also I have some ideas for the project 0
Name - Codename : Crash (yeah, all my projects start with "Codename")

Story - 3 elite soldiers were flying around the area of Germany when suddenly they have been shot down for no known reason. As soon as the US army heard of the incident they started to send troops to try and find the missing solider, while a war started between the two sides.
As the 3 soldiers survived, they immediatly started to wandere around the big forest, to try and locate cilivization and call for help - but something obviously went wrong, and now they are being hunted day and night by the German terrorists.

Features -
- Awesome tactical feeling
- Stealth and heavy action scenes
- Demonstration of the power of RTTS (real time tactical shooter) gameplay mod by Thomy
- Probably more

Place -
It will obviously take part in a big unkown forest in the mountains, with lakes and those other stuff..

Hope you guys liked the idea, next time I will actually start working on this.
just a small note - it will take me a long time before I'll actually finish this as I dont have alot of free time anymore, I will only be working on this on my free time.

Cheers :)

[url=tinyurl.com/49aty4]Image[/url] [url=tinyurl.com/4dk6we]Image[/url]
Quitted modding.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 14.03.2008, 21:31Posts: 1760 Likes: 38

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.11.2008, 23:24 
Sounds good! Sounds great.
I am sorry but today I will probably have NO time for modding at all. Tomorrow I come home at about 6 so don't expect too much... (USA Texas)
Uploading takes a long time for me, IDK...
AND: I don't reallly like these kind of uploaders:
---------1. "Hey, this is my first map" guys
---------2. "Just a preview what I will upload later" guys
---------3. "faster Slowmotion no. 1001" guys (grrrhh)
---------4. "I just put together two independent mods made by other people and I just want to upload them" guys.

> I know that this was OFFTopic but I really had to say this! <

I know there is still a lot of stuff to do so I am not sure wheter I should upload the current version (which is nearly the same). (I don't want to be like No 2 :rolleyes:)

Are you thinking of a real good map? A REAL good one?
OK, my opinion:
Why are germans the evils? :rolleyes:
Make it rainy or snowy.
I like village fight - I was actually thinking about making a rescue-a-captured-General-in-a-town mission.
But overall it sounds good!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.12.2008, 00:35 
OH by the way:
I just noticed while going over the FG - the Enemys GroupID should be 173, otherwise they will not be shoot with a right click.

Driving Update coming soon...

I AM SOOOO ANGRY. OF COURSE SB GOES DOWN IF YOU HAVE A BIG PROGRESS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the driving was finished...

Last edited by Thomy on 02.12.2008, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.12.2008, 02:57 
OK,
I saved most of the progress. Puh. This was luck.
OK, Now the entities are able to get into ANY vehicle with this order
Special Force - always Driver
MG - MG
Medic + Sniper = other seats

They all enter the vehicle with right click, except for the MG, which enters with q. You can shoot tanks with the Driver selected and usual F for (barrage)fire.

At my computer everything worked fine, but I know that the FG always works different. Hopefully it will work with you.
Attachments:

driverfg.zip
[31.84 KiB]
Downloaded 114 times

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.10.2008, 06:43Posts: 68Location: United Kingdom Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Tactical Commando NEW UPDATES
PostPosted 07.12.2008, 16:40 
I downloaded this (the version with the "Tutorial" and "TacticalCommando" levels), But on the tutorial:

It doesn't tell me anything after telling me how to place a "machine gun".

Please Help!!

PostPosted 07.12.2008, 22:09 
oh, I forgot. Right click on any surface and then another right click to the direction.
Of course you have to have selected the MG. (press 4 / 3, IDK)

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 24.02.2008, 15:56Posts: 2479Location: Location: Location: Location: Likes: 0

PostPosted 13.12.2008, 14:41 
Hey, I finally started to get abit of progress on the project, and I have a question..
How can I make normal soldiers use placed MGs too ?

Cheers

Quitted modding.

PostPosted 15.12.2008, 01:58 
that's a good question. I will make them able to this. (Right click?)
Nice that you think about it.

PostPosted 15.01.2009, 17:38 
OK I finally recovered a little from Winter Break and now maybe I can start a little again...
I just don't know if I should make them take a stationary with a right click or maybe middle mouse button...

PostPosted 15.01.2009, 17:42 
I think it should be the right click, and the MG guy should have his MG button with something else on the keyboard (H ? J ?)

Nice to hear you're still working on it

Quitted modding.

Post Topic: RE: Tactical Commando FLASH FILE REQUEST
PostPosted 15.01.2009, 17:48 
I dunno, I think Rightclick for the MG guy is alright, there is already too many keys I have to remember on the keyboard... (Crouch, Prone, AIfire, Barrage...)
Request:
I would really like to have a menu,
IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL IF SOMEBODY CAN CHANGE THE USUAL CRYSIS NANOSUIT CONTROL to the icons mentioned above (AI, Crouch, Prone, Barrage...) That would help me A LOT. Unfortunately I am neither familiar with flash files nor have I the required programs.

Last edited by Thomy on 15.01.2009, 17:49, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted 15.01.2009, 17:54 
You're right, it would be really nice to have the quickmenu do that, but unfortunaly I'm at the same boat as you are, no idea about flash files and dont have the required stuff.

You should try asking for help at the coding & scripting section

Quitted modding.

PostPosted 15.01.2009, 18:04 
If anybody could offer me help with this problem, of course he would get credits.
Any IDEAS for maps, tactical commandos or other tips VERY welcome.

QUICKMENU (nanosuit) Change for tactic mod request

Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 30.10.2008, 23:51Posts: 955Location: Norway Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.01.2009, 01:10 
This mod looks SOOOOO AWESOME! :]