View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.02.2008, 13:12Posts: 1450Location: Estonia Likes: 2

Post Topic: KZ² 2005 : Killzone 2 2005 GC trailer remake|Canceled
PostPosted 18.03.2009, 21:43 
Sad news.

After discussing the legality of the project with Sony it turns out that the project has to be canceled.

So this is the end of this line, don't worry though there are bigger challenges ahead with more chunks of everything flying around,
fountains of hot lead, out-worldly surroundings, more and even faster action coupled with original and totally twisted stories. :)

/Ats

This is an extract from an interview at Pixel Smashers by FacTor-X available here
Quote:
Astest: First off I’d like to thank you for this fantastic opportunity.

PS: How closely will this mod follow killzone 2?

Astest: This mod is inspired by the 2005 CG trailer and expands on the concept.

PS: How many people are currently working on the mod?

Astest: At this time everything you see is made by me.

PS: Are there any plans to expand the current team?

Astest: Yes, working on it alone would delay its release for awhile. If there is anybody who would like to join the team they are welcome to do so. Experience and examples of previous work are required. I can be contacted at Crymod.com if anyone is interested.

PS: Are you planing on releasing a beta or demo in the future?

Astest: There will probably be a closed beta to avoid issues that are similar to the ones that haunt the videos release.

PS: Do you plan to have any sort of mech scene like in killzone 2?

Astest: There are some new vehicles planned, lets just leave it at that.

PS: Are you planning on changing the animations, weapon skins, player skins (arms/hands) to look more like killzone2?

Astest: Yes there will be new weapons and hopefully proper characters inspired from the Killzone theme and custom arms (A character modeler is needed for this). As far as the animations go, there is a vast library (the ones from Crytek) of high quality animations available for use already.

PS: Will there be co-op, multiplayer or even an online ranking system?

Astest: As stated before this is only the remake of the trailer and hence a singelplayer only modification.

PS: Will the gameplay/level design be based on a more linear style like killzone 2 or more open like Crysis?

Astest: This is a more difficult question. It is more of a learning and a testing project to see how far the engine can be pushed while maintaining a playable result(performance wise) in urban large scale conflicts. The knowledge gained is going to be used later on in another more ambitious project.

You could definitely say that it is more of a linear experience due to the nature of the story. You are a soldier and you are supposed to do your job exactly as you are told. Any sign of independent thinking is treated as treason and will be punished accordingly. There will be several ways you can approach your objective, but you do have to work with your squad or you'll end up hugging the ground (there isn't going to be a punishment from the dying, but it will make your life a lot harder).

PS: How long will the mod approximately be?

Astest: It will be very short. 180 seconds for the part that follows the trailer: the intro. And then some more for the main story. You have to note that I treat this more as a piece of art rather than a game so its length is not that important to me. Quality and the emotion you get from playing it are the ones that matter. So I’ll do everything I can to provide the best experience possible by the atmosphere, immersion, story, sense of detail and gameplay. A lot of in those aspects is going to be changed to provide a unique and unparalleled experience.

PS: Will the game have easter eggs, or some kind of parody on the orginal kz2?

Astest: It's not a parody. That would ruin the atmosphere. Easter eggs are a must though.

PS: What is the overall feedback you received? A lot of enraged Sony fanboys? ^^

Astest: It is a two edge sword really. One side tends to be a bit protective, neglecting the things that really are of low quality. The other side tends to over criticize it. As the video really does not showcase the final product in any way, and was a small demonstration of the state of the project at the time to the modders at crymod. It has gotten quite a bit of attention. It's definitely more than I wanted at this stage. From that time the ambitions of project have grown quite a bit, from a weekend mapping challenge to a quality mod.

Note: this modification will consist only off one map to provide the highest quality (otherwise the release would take tooo long).

/Ats

Last edited by atsest on 05.02.2010, 15:37, edited 14 times in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.04.2008, 22:59Posts: 2169Location: United States Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.03.2009, 21:54 
Lol neat banner!

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 13.10.2008, 19:48Posts: 6496Location: Squiggers' kitchen Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.03.2009, 22:34 
Haha, its is making me interested !! :D

- It's all about the bread.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 17.08.2008, 14:49Posts: 113Location: UK Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.03.2009, 22:36 
I bet this is going to be a mod :P.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.04.2008, 19:58Posts: 2376Location: London, England Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.03.2009, 22:54 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikazi

It is in the modifications section.....

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 21.12.2007, 21:49Posts: 3134Location: Belgium Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.03.2009, 18:07 
cool banner

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 18.09.2006, 14:57Posts: 110Location: CZ- Brno Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.03.2009, 18:21 
Great one of the most anticipated mods for me here:)
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.04.2008, 03:39Posts: 453 Likes: 39

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.03.2009, 19:54 
OH MY!! I am excited!
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 13.10.2008, 19:48Posts: 6496Location: Squiggers' kitchen Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.03.2009, 22:57 
Quote:
Originally posted by hmmm
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamikazi

It is in the modifications section.....

phaiur !

sorry :P

- It's all about the bread.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.06.2008, 22:31Posts: 1813Location: Austria Likes: 5

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.03.2009, 23:09 
Wow, awesome stuff mate!
I think this is gonna be one of the big MODs this year.
Keep the footage comming!
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.02.2009, 19:53Posts: 23 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.03.2009, 00:44 
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 10.02.2008, 13:12Posts: 1450Location: Estonia Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.03.2009, 09:45 
I updated the first post with a lot of information from an interview and here is also a screenshot specially provided for that interview:

Trainee TraineeMember since: 23.05.2008, 15:54Posts: 108 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.03.2009, 11:42 
Wow GREAT!
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 15.02.2008, 09:17Posts: 846Location: London, UK Likes: 12

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.03.2009, 14:50 
Is this going to be an Exobox project?

I'm up for it :)

(9:12:51 PM) Naur: maxscript, f**k no
(9:13:01 PM) Naur: that sh*t makes Lua look attractive

(10:36:53 PM) puppy: crymono?
(10:37:00 PM) puppy: is that some sort of illness

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.03.2009, 11:57 
Quote:
Originally posted by mystichobo
Is this going to be an Exobox project?

I'm up for it :)

Prepare for a PM soon enough ;).
And FA is not burried.