View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 11.02.2008, 22:58Posts: 721Location: Denmark Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.05.2009, 18:18 
Quote:
Originally posted by Tadej von Pjong
If you believed it or not, i was making the same snow map with the same name. Really!

That is crazy shizzle! "Same map"??

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 14.03.2008, 19:50Posts: 295Location: Athens Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 02.05.2009, 18:39 
Nice map mate. I really like the night screenshot.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
  Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 11.02.2008, 22:58Posts: 721Location: Denmark Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.06.2009, 22:03 
The first open beta is almost upon us. I'm literally wrapping up the last few loose ends so it shouldnt be too much longer ;). I'd be sorry to say I might release a closed Beta first, but that will hopefuly only take a day or two longer(just to see if anything wierd happen on other pc's).

I hate to promis anything, but if I'd be able to upload everything right :p and no bugs show up, then the first open Beta will be out before the end of this month. Shortly after the release, I'm going to sample all bugs reported and release the first real version with custom models, minimap and the real loading screen imported, which will give an extra boost to the game-play :)

Thats all for now, you will hear from me again very soon hopefully _jakeCake

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.07.2009, 01:43 
Hello people, I have decided, mostly because I'm going on somewhat of a vacation, that it is time for the very first open Beta, so here you go!

Installer
There is a (also very first version) installer included, that will simply (first time) ask for the location of your Crysis installation, choose it and click the 'Go' button! You should be able to follow the progress and for this 33.3Mb installation, it should only take a few seconds. If you like it, post here and I shall upload the creator.

Installation step by step:
1. Download the file from MediaFire
2. Unzip ALL files to a place on your hard-drive
3. Run the Quick-Install(.exe)
3a. If asked, select your crysis installation folder
4. Run installation with the 'Go' arrow
5. Start crysis, and open the console and type in "con_restricted 0" (without "") to allow access to console commands
6. Load the level by typing in "map Silence_1_0" (Without "") and press Enter

Thats it, I expect this version to contain a huge amount of small bugs, and a few major ones to, especialy in the last part of the level, since I did not manage to look this through before my deadline(today).
- I'd be home in a few days and ready to fix every bug reported, so please guys, REPORT IT!

I'm sorry for the pure description, I'm in a rush, and I really wan't to upload this before I have to go. I promis that there are done a lot more work in the map then in this reply :)

Thank you all for beta-testing my map 'Silence - Build 1.9.9.7'

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.07.2009, 02:15 
Triple posting! Please someone, I know there is bugs to be fixed and I'm almost ready with another beta-version, but I realy wan't at least one report on the current(first) beta! Please someone, I'd need this after all my work :S

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.03.2009, 18:10Posts: 1290Location: NL-Almelo Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.07.2009, 11:17 
it worked perfect on my computerz

AMD X6 1100T BE 3,33GHZ.
6GB DDR 3 1366MHZ
ATI HD 4870 1GB

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.07.2009, 16:18 
Quote:
Originally posted by wiebeg
it worked perfect on my computerz

I'm really glad to hear that :D Soo.. did you play the level?

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 6

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.07.2009, 16:30 
Level has somewhat interesting story and variety of different events and environments, but at the moment lots of different bugs. Mission logic in general needs fixing. I send a pm about some of the bugs.

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.07.2009, 16:52 
Quote:
Originally posted by Talvipakkanen
Level has somewhat interesting story and variety of different events and environments, but at the moment lots of different bugs. Mission logic in general needs fixing. I send a pm about some of the bugs.

Thank you for the report, I will look into it, especialy the mission logic, hopefuly a minimap and closing a few loose ends will help the player navigate to the right places.

I hope to have a new beta with these fixes ready soon :)

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 29.05.2009, 04:18Posts: 230 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.07.2009, 00:11 
I have played your map. It is very good but it needs some work to do.

-Try improve your map environment more
---Less Vegetation on the 'cold earth',
---add more winter particle and add snow wind particle to give good cold and realistic feel to the level
---Do a little work on mountains, terrain - I can see some triangles and sharp edges on terrain
---Use voxels more, Voxels are best tool if you know how to use em like me.
---Add more point of interest in the maps - such as buildings, abandoned car, old crashed aircraft
---Try think snow, try lower the road lower than normal to make it like a compacted snow road.

-dialogs, objectives, goals, mission
---#To tell you truth, those things are confusing sometimes
---try add header name to every dialogs like this

Code:
COLONEL JACKSON: What do you need Nomad? ... You need Warhead??

---Try cut the LONG messages (ones in the beginning) into two messages or more. The ends of the message will get cut up in edge of screen.
---Add more waypoints (objective point) While playing the level, I was worried about going to wrong way a lot when I noticed the objective waypoint was on my left and I'm following the road forward.
---Don't use infomessage for objective direction like when you was trying to get over the wall, you will prompted to use O for reinforcement. It is better to move that message to HUD Message since its a hint or prompt not communication.

-Misc
---Bugs on trigger detection like aircraft carrier, you get on VTOL. Then you get transported to the space. I got there without a VTOL :S
---Try use VisAreas more on human buildings
---Try fix the big black line when you enter the tunnel from the research place.
---Little lot spelling errors :S
---The gameplay is little bland. Try invent more challenges, detours, etc.

That's all. Great map, it will get better if you work on it more.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.07.2009, 16:19 
Quote:
Originally posted by X75TIGER75X
I have played your map. It is very good but it needs some work to do.

-Try improve your map environment more
---Less Vegetation on the 'cold earth',
---add more winter particle and add snow wind particle to give good cold and realistic feel to the level
---Do a little work on mountains, terrain - I can see some triangles and sharp edges on terrain
---Use voxels more, Voxels are best tool if you know how to use em like me.
---Add more point of interest in the maps - such as buildings, abandoned car, old crashed aircraft
---Try think snow, try lower the road lower than normal to make it like a compacted snow road.

-dialogs, objectives, goals, mission
---#To tell you truth, those things are confusing sometimes
---try add header name to every dialogs like this

Code:
COLONEL JACKSON: What do you need Nomad? ... You need Warhead??

---Try cut the LONG messages (ones in the beginning) into two messages or more. The ends of the message will get cut up in edge of screen.
---Add more waypoints (objective point) While playing the level, I was worried about going to wrong way a lot when I noticed the objective waypoint was on my left and I'm following the road forward.
---Don't use infomessage for objective direction like when you was trying to get over the wall, you will prompted to use O for reinforcement. It is better to move that message to HUD Message since its a hint or prompt not communication.

-Misc
---Bugs on trigger detection like aircraft carrier, you get on VTOL. Then you get transported to the space. I got there without a VTOL :S
---Try use VisAreas more on human buildings
---Try fix the big black line when you enter the tunnel from the research place.
---Little lot spelling errors :S
---The gameplay is little bland. Try invent more challenges, detours, etc.

That's all. Great map, it will get better if you work on it more.

Thank you so much :) it was more than I ever hoped for. I will start fixing everything as soon as posible ;)