View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 27.02.2008, 01:31Posts: 463 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.05.2009, 19:47 
It looks like McKool has this mix and match stuff down to an art. It hardly even looks like Crysis, which is a good change from the same-o stuff.

Oh, I forgot to ask, did you get your new computer stuff yet?

Last edited by Geeman on 09.05.2009, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 20.03.2008, 06:45Posts: 808 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 10.05.2009, 00:09 
Quote:
Originally posted by Geeman
It looks like McKool has this mix and match stuff down to an art. It hardly even looks like Crysis, which is a good change from the same-o stuff.

Oh, I forgot to ask, did you get your new computer stuff yet?

Thanks for the comments. I'm trying to make it look as little like Crysis as possible just to break things up a bit so it's a big compliment that you say that.

Also, I did get my new Mobo and Proc.........what can I say? Quad core and 3-way SLI.....Vroom! Vroom! ;)

Thanks again! More on the way!!

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 20.03.2008, 06:45Posts: 808 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 13.05.2009, 17:49 
More pics of the small breakroom:

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 03.10.2008, 06:29Posts: 728Location: USA Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.06.2009, 06:57 
Looks good.

Do the emergency sprinklers actually work if you punch them?

I could just imagine taking a shower in your nanosuit in the breakroom in the middle of a dangerous and spooky mission. lol.

was that even funny? cause its really late right now and I'm trying to finish my essay for English.

I can help with voice overs and beta test. If intersted PM me.

Last edited by ExciteWalk on 04.06.2009, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 21.11.2008, 15:37Posts: 157 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.06.2009, 12:07 
This map look really nice!! The second series of images looks like FEAR level!

Good work, also with the illumination!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.06.2009, 23:13 
Quote:
Originally posted by ExciteWalk
Looks good.

Do the emergency sprinklers actually work if you punch them?

I could just imagine taking a shower in your nanosuit in the breakroom in the middle of a dangerous and spooky mission. lol.

was that even funny? cause its really late right now and I'm trying to finish my essay for English.

Sorry - They are just brushes :( Good luck with your essay.

Quote:
Originally posted by rockerman
This map look really nice!! The second series of images looks like FEAR level!

Good work, also with the illumination!

Thanks! I am working on lighting so it is indeed subject to change.

I have implemented some cool gameplay mechanics that I will leave unspoken at the moment. All I can say is that I am enjoying it a great deal and I hope the community does as well when the level is finally released.

I have about 1/2 to 2/3 of the level architecture completed and then I have to create all of the AI pathing, SFX, flowgraphing, etc. I have already created a great deal of that for the first part of the level but I have alot more to go. This level will be more linear than my previous levels by the very nature of the storyline and indoor design. I know that will disappoint some but I honeslty loved F.E.A.R. and HL which is what I am comparing it to.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.06.2009, 21:33 
Hello,

It's time for a new update. I have included couple of hastily-made screenshots of the

different enemy AI you will face in the game. I made these with a combination Photoshop, the

Material Editor, and of course the Character Editor.

I mainly changed the skin tone and re-did the eyes completely.

I have also made changes to the way some of them attack which I will reveal as I get closer

to a release.

I have completed the first 10 minutes (roughly speaking) which includes the game logic, AI

pathing, architecture, cutscenes, and SFX. I am currently working on the next section and

have a majority of the architecture complete along with some cutscenes and game logic.

I still have to complete the architecture for the next section which is about 80% complete.
I still have to complete the game logic which is about 20% complete.
I still have to place AI and pathing which is also about 20% complete.
I still have to setup SFX (Ambience) which is about 0% complete.

After finishing the second section, I will then start on a third which should be the last

section. This should not take as long as I have spent a good deal of the time working on the

new enemy AI, creating scripted sequences, and finalizing game ideas. I expect to move a bit

faster on this final section.

Once all secttions are complete I will record all of the voiceovers and place in the

appropriate places. In many cases I put placeholder SFX in flowgraphs to speed things along.

I hope you enjoy the screenshots!

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.03.2009, 18:10Posts: 1290Location: NL-Almelo Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.06.2009, 22:59 
Wow, these models looking creapy :S:S Its really a good work.

But the white eyes :P at the second pic 2e picture on the second pic.

But for the rest it looks really cool.

AMD X6 1100T BE 3,33GHZ.
6GB DDR 3 1366MHZ
ATI HD 4870 1GB
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 27.02.2008, 01:31Posts: 463 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.06.2009, 23:48 
McKool, I have a little idea for enemy AI. Although I don't know if this will fit in this map story. But anyway, I think when I started your other map, Rescue Mission inside the VTOL. For a split second the screen froze and the soldiers across from me had the Nano suit and helmet with no face, only two eyes. Now that was freakish.

I thought that look might make for a scary enemy! Maybe you could see what you think, if you haven't already tried it before. Also if you can make that happen.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.06.2009, 00:12 
Quote:
Originally posted by wiebeg
Wow, these models looking creapy :S:S Its really a good work.

But the white eyes :P at the second pic 2e picture on the second pic.

But for the rest it looks really cool.

Yea. Basically the eyes in that pic are glowing which looks great in the dark and at a distance. Unfortunately, they do not look quite as good up close and personal. I am going to keep tweaking them and see if I can't make it better. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally posted by Geeman
McKool, I have a little idea for enemy AI. Although I don't know if this will fit in this map story. But anyway, I think when I started your other map, Rescue Mission inside the VTOL. For a split second the screen froze and the soldiers across from me had the Nano suit and helmet with no face, only two eyes. Now that was freakish.

I thought that look might make for a scary enemy! Maybe you could see what you think, if you haven't already tried it before. Also if you can make that happen.

Hmm.....I could give it a try and see how it looks. The nice thing about the storyline is that everyone's mutation is a little different so it gives me some freedom with the character design. Thanks for the idea!

Post Topic: New Teaser Pic!
PostPosted 19.06.2009, 06:02 
My wife just helped me come up with a new decal for the map. Oh, how those geeky women get me hot,.....oh.....ahem. :whistle:

Sorry...I forgot myself for a second there.

Anyway, enjoy the pic!!!

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.03.2009, 18:10Posts: 1290Location: NL-Almelo Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.06.2009, 06:55 
:P Your wife is a good helper :)

I really like the decal ''Dont Trust Her'' But wo? Is the end boss a woman?

AMD X6 1100T BE 3,33GHZ.
6GB DDR 3 1366MHZ
ATI HD 4870 1GB
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 21.12.2007, 21:49Posts: 3134Location: Belgium Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.06.2009, 12:07 
reminds me at FEAR with those blood writings on the wall,
keep it up, can't wait to play it

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.06.2009, 17:17 
Quote:
Originally posted by wiebeg
:P Your wife is a good helper :)

I really like the decal ''Dont Trust Her'' But wo? Is the end boss a woman?

that is a mystery that won't be solved until you play the level. ;)

EDIT*** I know. I'm such a tease.

Last edited by McKool on 19.06.2009, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.06.2009, 14:50 
At first I didn't think much about the decal. Then I started looking at it and thinking, what does that mean? Then my imagination started runnning wild, is the staement about this dead girl, or is there another. Cool! Women are good at ideas that leave us guys wondering.

Since your wife quit voice over work, I see she has decided to become Project Director! ;) Might be a good idea? Since she can't get you out of the bunker, she will join your project, in the bunker! :))

McKool, have you ever got to try out the faceless nano idea? I am just wondering whether it was any good or not? I mean it might not have looked good at all, since I only got a quick glimpse a couple of times during the screen freeze.