View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 06.09.2009, 17:26Posts: 905Location: Belgium Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 12.12.2009, 19:57 
Quote:
Originally posted by fixers0
Why does the sniper has jungle vegation on his body? I suggest you use the watchtower sniper, other then that small little thing it looks very nice and has good object placement.

Thx. I will make sure this will be corrected. :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Urchin
Who's James Ryan?

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.11.2007, 21:56Posts: 1844Location: Here Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 12.12.2009, 19:59 
Quote:
Originally posted by KingBevo
I need some opinions again. :D
I changed the road texture, but I figured out it also looks good without road..
Also changed the height map a bit to make it look less flat. I hope it's better now.
So, with or without road? And all other crits are welcome too. ;)

With, it works like a vein through your map.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 06.09.2009, 17:26Posts: 905Location: Belgium Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 13.12.2009, 13:36 
Well, I will keep the road then. I guess the road texture is ok now, isn't it? :D
Any other critics or suggestions?

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.09.2009, 21:39Posts: 884Location: RANDOMLAND !!! Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 13.12.2009, 14:16 
hey Bevo have you seen FORs hes supposed to be helping you by making the map while you put in the details...

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 16.12.2009, 14:21 
Update #2: The guard post
Some new screens of the guard post I'm working on at the moment. It isn't finished yet, but I thought it was already good enough to be shown. Also tweaked the ToD a bit to make it look a bit 'warmer'. I hope you guys like it. All suggestions and critics are welcome.

PS: Every time I take a screenshot with e_screenshot command I get these strange lines in my screenshots. Does anyone now how to fix this?

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 17.09.2009, 01:08Posts: 334Location: Frogland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 16.12.2009, 22:18 
Very nice work so far mate, you have put some good details in your map, and for the atmosphere, it really looks like we are in a desert. :D
But maybe you should flatten the ground a little behind those big sandbags on the second picture, and beware of the grass going throw the orange trashbin on the fourth.
Other than that, keep up the good work. :))

Quote:
PS: Every time I take a screenshot with e_screenshot command I get these strange lines in my screenshots. Does anyone now how to fix this?

I've got nearly the same problem as you, but instead the lines you get, there are large black stripes. :/
And i don't how to fix this problem aswell.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 17.12.2009, 00:30 
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghibli
Very nice work so far mate, you have put some good details in your map, and for the atmosphere, it really looks like we are in a desert. :D
But maybe you should flatten the ground a little behind those big sandbags on the second picture, and beware of the grass going throw the orange trashbin on the fourth.
Other than that, keep up the good work. :))

Quote:

I've got nearly the same problem as you, but instead the lines you get, there are large black stripes. :/
And i don't how to fix this problem aswell.

Thx. I will keep your suggestions in mind while I finish that guard post. :D
BTW: That sign in the first screen is custom made. ^^

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?

Last edited by Bevo on 17.12.2009, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.09.2009, 21:39Posts: 884Location: RANDOMLAND !!! Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.12.2009, 17:41 
[quote]Originally posted by PaulUrchin

P.S Bevo ive got ACT 1 ready it consists of 4 missions.

Duststorm - A raid on a Chinese occupied area in the middle east for important tactical intel.
Freefall - Shot down during escape, thrown out midflight, fight your way back to the crashed VTOL.
Shadows - (Mission set at the same time as Freefall) Take out the radio jammer and AAA to call for extraction, secure the VIP.
Eviction - (I won't spoil it - despite the self explanitory name...)

Okay ive finished making level titles for act 2, these levels are generally short and exciting (excluding Pulse, ive put alot of thought into it...)

Background: You see through the persective of different special forces soldiers
SAS (Raids and Infiltration)
USMC (Urban Warfare , Shock and awe)
Specnaz (Backing Full scale assaults and Tank Battles)

ACT 2
Pulse
Hostility
Grudge
Brink
Perpective

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.10.2008, 16:13Posts: 1976Location: England Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.12.2009, 19:32 
Try using r_getscreenshot 1 or pressing F12?

And lol @ that sign.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cry-Ruan
The trollface avatar is hereby banned. Those of you who wish to use it know who you are.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.12.2009, 20:27 
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLite

And lol @ that sign.

Thx for the screenshot suggestion.

The sign took about 15 min to make. I thought it would make a nice addition to the guard post. :D

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 00:31 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLite

And lol @ that sign.

Thx for the screenshot suggestion.

The sign took about 15 min to make. I thought it would make a nice addition to the guard post. :D

I love the sign too Bevo (FC..) ;)

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.04.2008, 22:59Posts: 2169Location: United States Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 05:19 
Looking awesome so far, keep up the good work. I'll certainly download this at release. :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 12:59 
Thx, Geosmith.

I'm busy setting up the AI and such, so don't expect any environmental or other village updates soon. ;)

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 17:47 
Hows the map in terms of completion (without the Ai and extras?)

Image Image
Opposites!
Pro - Noob
Cool - Nerd
Strong - Weak
FAIL - EPIK!

Hotdog - BREADCAT !!!!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.12.2009, 17:50 
Uh, not so far.. :s
But all good things take time my friend. ;)

Quote:
Who's James Ryan?