View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 02.02.2009, 18:53Posts: 5223 Likes: 81

Post Topic: [WIP] - Epic Awesomeness Map
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 16:00 

Crytek's Christmas Level Design Competion was quite a surprise for some of our modders, but strangely we haven't seen a lot of author's showing their maps to the community. Except for our talented level designer Radiantor, who decided to share his map progress with us by showing us some videos of the map. The level has a pretty interesting name - Epic Awesomeness, and the story follows a marine, played by you, who is in the middle of action but he still has some strange flashbacks with a mysterious girl in them.

Videos
The first video shows us a few moments of the mentioned flashback at the start of the level, while the second one features the author's configuration of the depth of field.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kt0fmrp4Qwo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kt0fmrp4Qwo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaGzckiFx4w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaGzckiFx4w&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That was everything for this news post, feel free to leave a comment here or do so at the author's forum thread located here.

Related Links:
- Forum Thread: [WIP] Epic Awesomeness [Update:AutoFocus DoF Video] (radiantor_cldc)
- Youtube: Video #1 and Video #2

- Crymod Staff Team

Last edited by Vigilante on 04.01.2010, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 03.10.2008, 21:02Posts: 551Location: Czech Republic Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 16:07 
Nice!
I like the autofocus :P
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 31.03.2008, 19:58Posts: 873Location: Poland (PL) System: Linux Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 16:17 
Epically awesome:D

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.11.2007, 00:05Posts: 2055Location: JapanStatus: Online Likes: 32

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 16:50 
The auto-focus is usually a cool thing but in combat situations it usually becomes really annoying when hiding behind something since you're probably not focusing on the thing you're hiding behind, but your aim is.

Can also make long range combat really annoying if you accidentally focus on something close, either way, if there's going to be gunning I'd either tone it down or leave it out.

In Japan, not Japanese
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2008, 15:36Posts: 802 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 17:40 
Quote:
Originally posted by VABG
The auto-focus is usually a cool thing but in combat situations it usually becomes really annoying when hiding behind something since you're probably not focusing on the thing you're hiding behind, but your aim is.

Can also make long range combat really annoying if you accidentally focus on something close, either way, if there's going to be gunning I'd either tone it down or leave it out.

Agreed - its a cool thing to mess around with and really neat crysis can do it but I played with this a year ago and dropped it for the exact reasons mentioned.

Looks cool though! Good for taking interesting screens
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 04.11.2007, 17:43Posts: 950 Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 18:37 
hehe thanks

The level is out now :) This news post is a bit funny, because I didn't have time to implement either the Depth of Field or the Intro cinematic...

you can download it here: Epic Awesomeness

If you want to remain sane, don't open the flowgraphs, or count the number of gametokens in it;)

I would prefer if you updated the news post with this video instead, as that's what acctually in the level :)

[YOUTUBE]_RrEXPNvtmo[/YOUTUBE].

If you want to try the DoF, you just enable that flowgraph and it should work...

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 29.10.2007, 19:31Posts: 1097Location: The Netherlands Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 18:39 
Yup, VABG is right.. I've never been a fan of DoF anyway :/ Gives me headaches. It looks cool in the video though ;)

Please use Search and check the stickies for answers before posting new questions.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 30.08.2009, 03:52Posts: 912Location: Crysis Cyber Space Likes: 0

Post Topic: Cool
PostPosted 04.01.2010, 20:18 
Sweet Stuff man!

Great work!

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 01.12.2009, 22:36Posts: 737Location: Egypt Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 05.01.2010, 22:09 
Ya I Got It Lol :). It's Awesome :D