View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 29.04.2009, 21:39Posts: 650Location: England Likes: 17

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.03.2010, 13:39 
Helmet is nearly done now, just need to add some more details and then it's time to work on the rest of the body.

Trainee TraineeMember since: 02.10.2009, 17:55Posts: 153 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2010, 12:40 
If you have what done, will you release something?
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.06.2008, 18:16Posts: 30Location: Scotland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.03.2010, 02:28 
Haha, I know it's annoying when people do this - but what the hey.

Have you considered doing a version of the new, super-high detail armour that Bungie have been showing off for their new game? I think that and the shiny new assault rifle could look really awesome in this mod. I can see that you are doing one of the new helmet concepts for it - looks nice so far.
AFAIK, no-one has done a version of the new AR, it could look really good. I might have a crack at making it myself and I'd be more than willing to release it but my skills at modelling are.. uh... poor, to say the least, and a giant mountain of Uni work is looming over me.

We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing more development; everything keeps improving - compare your recent stuff to the first page, even!

When no human brick lies atop another, then we will be satisfied with your destruction.

Last edited by Diaboy on 29.03.2010, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2008, 18:54Posts: 1870 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.03.2010, 03:25 
Nice work, I love master cheifs helmet.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 04.11.2009, 13:42Posts: 156Location: The Netherlands Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 30.03.2010, 14:22 
Quote:
Originally posted by Diaboy
Haha, I know it's annoying when people do this - but what the hey.

Have you considered doing a version of the new, super-high detail armour that Bungie have been showing off for their new game? I think that and the shiny new assault rifle could look really awesome in this mod. I can see that you are doing one of the new helmet concepts for it - looks nice so far.
AFAIK, no-one has done a version of the new AR, it could look really good. I might have a crack at making it myself and I'd be more than willing to release it but my skills at modelling are.. uh... poor, to say the least, and a giant mountain of Uni work is looming over me.

We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing more development; everything keeps improving - compare your recent stuff to the first page, even!

Not true, meleelite already modelled the new AR and put it ingame in halo 1, though he hasnt done it in crysis yet it soon will be.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/94056427-3.jpg

also, what "super high detail armour" are you talking about? the most detailled one was seen in the CGI trailer of halo wars, the mark 4, i dont really think halo reach looks alot more spectacular regarding detaill, but then again, the mark 4 of halo wars is just for CGI lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Zippy24
Nice work, I love master cheifs helmet.

It's not Master chief's helmet, it's just another spartan wearing MJOLNIR armor. Master chief aka John used the Mark 5 and 6 armor.

Time for trickery.

Last edited by W!zard on 30.03.2010, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 29.04.2009, 21:39Posts: 650Location: England Likes: 17

Post Topic:
PostPosted 31.03.2010, 19:57 
Quote:
Originally posted by W!zard

Bungie haven't made super highpoly models for their bipeds as shown by their most recent screenshots.

Not true, meleelite already modelled the new AR and put it ingame in halo 1, though he hasnt done it in crysis yet it soon will be.
Alot of people have been working on the MA5, nothing new.

It's not Master chief's helmet, it's just another spartan wearing MJOLNIR armor. Master chief aka John used the Mark 5 and 6 armor.Masterchief also used Mark 4 just before the events at reach, Infact the reason he got the mark 5 was for the mission he was scheduled to work on with the other spartans.

I don't intend to be making Reach weapons as they simply do not fit the project im working on, the only reason im working on this spartan suit is that it's a more detailed varient of the mark 5 suit.
Actualy, wasn't meleelite the guy in your group who ripped from Halo 3?

Last edited by Cobby on 31.03.2010, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 04.11.2009, 13:42Posts: 156Location: The Netherlands Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 31.03.2010, 21:48 
Quote:
Originally posted by =SW=warlord
Quote:

Bungie haven't made super highpoly models for their bipeds as shown by their most recent screenshots.

Alot of people have been working on the MA5, nothing new.

It's not Master chief's helmet, it's just another spartan wearing MJOLNIR armor. Master chief aka John used the Mark 5 and 6 armor.Masterchief also used Mark 4 just before the events at reach, Infact the reason he got the mark 5 was for the mission he was scheduled to work on with the other spartans.

I don't intend to be making Reach weapons as they simply do not fit the project im working on, the only reason im working on this spartan suit is that it's a more detailed varient of the mark 5 suit.
Actualy, wasn't meleelite the guy in your group who ripped from Halo 3?

Other than spamming your own thread with flames, how is it, in any vague way, related to the fact he actually modelled the Ma5 assault rifle?

and FYI, it was a misunderstanding that we would use any ripped assets as the intention of my project was exactly to make completely custom content, idc it's locked, before you mention it, I'm keeping it silent till we have beta video's, I'm still working on it.

Time for trickery.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.04.2010, 01:41 
Quote:

Other than spamming your own thread with flames, how is it, in any vague way, related to the fact he actually modelled the Ma5 assault rifle?

and FYI, it was a misunderstanding that we would use any ripped assets as the intention of my project was exactly to make completely custom content, idc it's locked, before you mention it, I'm keeping it silent till we have beta video's, I'm still working on it.
Where am i flaming?
Also, that so called misunderstanding had direct links to both of you claiming credit and wanting to use it in your mod.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.06.2008, 18:16Posts: 30Location: Scotland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.04.2010, 13:26 
@Wizard: Yeah, sorry, didn't make myself hugely clear - by high-detail, I was speaking comparatively to the older models in Halo, as opposed to CGI, half hour render stuff..! The detail on the newer Reach assets is at a completely different bar to the older versions. Just figured the higher detail would work better in Cryengine 2.

Hah, didn't realise it had been done already with the new AR; my bad.

@Warlord: Fair dues! The stuff looks pretty good so far. Looking forward to seeing the new suit finished.

When no human brick lies atop another, then we will be satisfied with your destruction.

Last edited by Diaboy on 01.04.2010, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 11.04.2010, 14:48 
I thought I would better update the thread on what's going on.
I have not abandoned the project, I've recently reformatted my pc and am still reinstalling several applications.
If anyone who has some reasonable experience with the editing kit want's to join in and help then send me a PM because I may be looking to getting some work partners to help boost this along a bit.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 20.04.2010, 15:38 
Anyone who played the first Halo game should recognise this stuff.
I'l give you a hint.
D20.MAP
Terrain textures are placeholder.
I am working on making the level a much more functional level than doing the layer painting.
Besides, everything being one colour allows me to see accidental curves and shadows that aren't wanted.

Last edited by Cobby on 20.04.2010, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.04.2010, 15:54 
I hate triple posting.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 999 Likes: 28

Post Topic:
PostPosted 26.04.2010, 20:13 
now you dont have to quad post :D

but on topic. looking good. are you gonna make this ship flyable?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.04.2010, 01:25 
Quote:
Originally posted by .gametime.
now you dont have to quad post :D

but on topic. looking good. are you gonna make this ship flyable?

Nah, the ship's purely aesthetic only.
It wouldn't be a true halo mod without some awesome stuff in the sky.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 16.01.2010, 19:58Posts: 187Location: Man Cave Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.04.2010, 01:29 
Cool stuff dude love the gun

- GIGABYTE GA990FXA-UD3 - AMD 8 Core 8120 @ 3.1GHz - 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz - Nvidia GTX 570 - Silverstone Strider 850w PSU - WD 500GB Caviar Black HDD - Cooler Master HAF 912 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 -