General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.06.2010, 11:47Posts: 7Location: Romania Likes: 0

Post Topic: Plans for a Naruto game for CryEngine 3
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 02:01 
Hello there!
I'm planning to make a Naruto game for CryEngine 3. I would prefer to use the free version of CryEngine 3 when it'll appear, but if it will be graphically limited I will make the game as a mod for Crysis 2.
But first of all I'm wondering if CryEngine 3 will support things like this (watch in HD) and these.
I need someone that know what capabilities will have CryEngine 3 or, at least, know very good what capabilities has CryEngine 2 now (and hope that CryEngine 3 will have the same capabilities or better ones).

If someone is interested to join the team just contact me at the Steam id: doom_laur
Also, you can contact me at Yahoo or Windows Live (see my profile) but let me know if you'll do so because I'm pretty inactive at those. Thank you.

Last edited by doom_laur on 09.07.2010, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 01.02.2008, 03:16Posts: 1285Location: JUNKER HQ Likes: 4

Post Topic: RE: Plans for a Naruto game for CryEngine 3
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 02:11 
Go to this link please : CryEngine specs and Info
ANYTHING is possible if you have the talent, but why would anyone join a hypothetical team without seing any form of work or skill displayed by you ?(

I really wish people would stop making these kinds of threads here.... :rolleyes:
EDIT : the world would be a better place if people did their reaserch and had some kind of plan before trying to start a Mod.

Last edited by Ash712 on 09.07.2010, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.06.2010, 11:47Posts: 7Location: Romania Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 12:27 
Well at CryEngine 3's specifications I don't find my answer, but if you said that is anything is possible you answered my question, so thank you.
But what's the problem of my question? There isn't said anywhere on the internet that you can do anything with CryEngine 3.
Also now I'm making my plans. I want to make a excellent Naruto game and I was thinking what engine should I use, and I thought CryEngine 3 would be an excellent engine. However a Naruto game is complex so I was wondering if the engine itself would support the game, and you gave me the answer. Is there any problem with this?

Last edited by doom_laur on 09.07.2010, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9855Location: Finland Likes: 172

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 12:38 
Cryengine 3 is an excellent choice. Good luck with your project. ;)
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 17.12.2009, 10:05Posts: 611Location: Latvia Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 12:52 
Naruto mod? Interesting... although i am a otaku myself, I'm not a big fan of Naruto series.
But i would be really happy to help, if you know what to do.
Is this your first project? If not - show something that can convince us to join you.

My web-page: 3rdHalf.net

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 13:19 
Quote:
Originally posted by the_grim
Cryengine 3 is an excellent choice. Good luck with your project. ;)

Thank you! :D

Quote:
Originally posted by 3rdHalf
Is this your first project? If not - show something that can convince us to join you.

Yes, it's my first project. Also this is currently just a plan, but I would like to make at least a small team before Crysis 2/CryEngine 3 free edition will be released.

EDIT:
I forgot to say this but I didn't mod Crysis or Far Cry before so I don't have experience with it yet. Well, time to learn. :))

Last edited by doom_laur on 09.07.2010, 13:25, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9855Location: Finland Likes: 172

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 13:37 
You should start learning the Cryengine 2 modding tools (can be found in the Downloads section of this site). The editor of Crysis 2 is pretty similar, judging from the developer videos, so you'll have an easier learning curve once it's released, if you already know the current tools. ;)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.01.2009, 20:32Posts: 1895Location: Portugal Likes: 1

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 13:41 
wtf... Naruto

Quote:
I really wish people would stop making these kinds of threads here.... :rolleyes:

+1

Well good luck...

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 13:41 
Quote:
Originally posted by the_grim
You should start learning the Cryengine 2 modding tools (can be found in the Downloads section of this site). The editor of Crysis 2 is pretty similar, judging from the developer videos, so you'll have an easier learning curve once it's released, if you already know the current tools. ;)

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try them. :]

Last edited by doom_laur on 09.07.2010, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.05.2010, 22:26Posts: 89Location: Scotland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 15:30 
are you just going to follow the old game, or you folowing the manga ur actual storyline would be nice to know if u want people to join ^^
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.04.2008, 19:58Posts: 2376Location: London, England Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 15:39 
Making a naruto game would be tough, first of all creating the look is alot harder than applying a cell shader its all in the textures really, meaning you cant use photo sources for textures. In terms of choosing an engine i would actually go for unreal 3 here (sorry crymod) purely because it would be much easier for you to create the look you want, however the cryengine is still just as good a choice (every engine has its strong points; and you will find that ce3 will aid you in other ways) As for getting the mod done, well a project of this scale would be very hard for a mod team (although nothing that isnt impossible) i strongly suggest you learn a key skill, so something like coding,modelling or level designing so you can make a start yourself. You are much better off starting with a smaller project completing that and getting the reputation and the skillset to accomplish this mod.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 14.12.2009, 20:16Posts: 521Location: Under some tree drinking water. I'm behind crymod on my mobile. Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 15:42 
Which cryengine 2 mod tools ?

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.07.2010, 16:32 
Quote:
Originally posted by Panda_3D
are you just going to follow the old game, or you folowing the manga ur actual storyline would be nice to know if u want people to join ^^

I will follow Naruto Shippuden, but the anime and not the manga. Personally I think Shippuden is better than the original ones.

Quote:
Originally posted by hmmm
Making a naruto game would be tough, first of all creating the look is alot harder than applying a cell shader its all in the textures really, meaning you cant use photo sources for textures. In terms of choosing an engine i would actually go for unreal 3 here (sorry crymod) purely because it would be much easier for you to create the look you want, however the cryengine is still just as good a choice (every engine has its strong points; and you will find that ce3 will aid you in other ways) As for getting the mod done, well a project of this scale would be very hard for a mod team (although nothing that isnt impossible) i strongly suggest you learn a key skill, so something like coding,modelling or level designing so you can make a start yourself. You are much better off starting with a smaller project completing that and getting the reputation and the skillset to accomplish this mod.

I will talk with a friend about the engine, but as you said, every engine has its weak and strong points. He has a bigger knowledge about textures, skins etc. I think CryEngine 3 has a better technology but Unreal Engine 3 is also very good. Also I will try to get familiar with CryEngine 2 and 3 then I will learn a skill as good as I can. However I don't think that I'll have enough time for making a smaller project. But thank you for all your suggestions. ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rm_nanoGiGas
Which cryengine 2 mod tools ?

What do you say about this: Crysis Mod SDK v1.2

Last edited by doom_laur on 09.07.2010, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.08.2008, 09:37Posts: 14Location: Georgia Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.07.2010, 14:06 
Naruto Naiteki Kensei is for Half Life im pretty sure the Cryengine 2 and 3 will no doubt be able to make a far superior Version.

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.01.2010, 01:17Posts: 1146 Likes: 29

Post Topic:
PostPosted 14.07.2010, 21:14 
Sounds like a nice idea, its better than a Naruto MMO everyone wants to make :P

Just one thing I am thinking though copyright. Not sure what the stance is with Naruto overall, but would imagine a Stand alone version would be much more 'harmful' than a mod. But it may be okay with fair use and such, but if you do go ahead with a CE3 standalone, might be worth contacting the owners/creators first. Unless someone knows for sure :)
Otherwise good luck with the endeavour. :)