View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2009, 12:26Posts: 1941Location: South Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.10.2010, 16:25 
Quote:
Originally posted by andrey_filantrop
Hmm, u know, its that case when nothing to add here, there is no lack of something... Maybe if i made that map, ive added some flowers to lawns to make outer environment a bit more diverse like interiors and to make TOD a bit lighter. But it wouldnt give much changes to great views really...:D

thanks for the suggestions andrey...the flowers thing would be quite easy to add, the TOD and brightness we can look at when we finalise the "feeling" of the map..good points though thanks dude :)

thinking of rebuilding the escalator in sketchup
right now its about 30 solids...could possibly get it down to 3 brushes..then i could have 2 of them, one up and 1 down..not sure if it would add anything to the map in terms of performance but may look a bit more realistic...

also thinking of building better roof's for some of the other buildings or some details for them...hard to know when to stop adding...

any ideas on what could be added to the sidewalks to make it more realistic?
the telephone booth and benches gets a bit repetitive after a while

thanks again for the ideas and feedback :)

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2014Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 48

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.10.2010, 16:44 
Ok if u insist! :evil: :happy: I dont use this colour of chocolate sidewalk, i prefer "harbor" or any other sidewalk materials for it. Also i think some ground decals would be good. Grass surface need some vary with ground and small stones spots and its colour like in "village" minefield would be optimal here... :) About escalator seems u are right. About roofs: glass roofs are awesome, but stone buildings may get some decals, vent holes, conditioners, signs and electric instalations. Inside buildings columns need more vary textures. But please dont cook too much of it - it may break performance! ;)

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!

Last edited by andrey_filantrop on 18.10.2010, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 17.06.2009, 12:26Posts: 1941Location: South Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.10.2010, 22:30 
Quote:
Ok if u insist! :evil: :happy: I dont use this colour of chocolate sidewalk, i prefer "harbor" or any other sidewalk materials for it. Also i think some ground decals would be good. Grass surface need some vary with ground and small stones spots and its colour like in "village" minefield would be optimal here... :) About escalator seems u are right. About roofs: glass roofs are awesome, but stone buildings may get some decals, vent holes, conditioners, signs and electric instalations. Inside buildings columns need more vary textures. But please dont cook too much of it - it may break performance! ;)

hahaha..thanks andrey :)
will see what i can do to make those changes..all good points and def worth the effort..as u say..if it doesnt impact on performance
must say i hated the brown paving when i put it in lol just never paid it more attention
wow @ changing the roof...owww lol but i hear yuh :)
thanks a ton dude!

i started on remodelling the elevator in sketchup..have made the side so far
here's it compared to the original solid one
pity its not in the sun like the original..but u can get the idea...
so much easier to build its almost scary lol

keep the comments/suggestions coming...and thanks for posting andrey :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.10.2010, 07:23 
here's the up and down escalators...just need to finish off the FG's and they're done :)

edit:
and here's the marble pillar things and new pavement texture :)

Last edited by Bladestar on 19.10.2010, 07:49, edited 2 times in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.10.2010, 22:59 
small update, re-worked the stairs (curved the front end as per real life) and modified the FG and the stair material..got some specularity going on it as well
now the stairs are all in place from the start..before they started from the bottom and worked their way up so it took like 10 seconds before they had a full rotation..which wasnt an issue as it takes longer from the base to get to the shopping mall but u never know lol

so the down elevator is now working :)
fps and performance still looks good

will start on the up elevator...

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.10.2010, 08:18 
small update..started re-working the tac tank tunnel
hoping to make it more chunky and rounder than what i could do with solids and brushes and with recessed lights and things...early days so suggestions appreciated

new version and a pic of the old tunnel attached
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2014Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 48

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.10.2010, 10:23 
WOW! Is it underwater? I wanted to swim in Jacques Briels' aquarium, but seems i was unlucky with that. The only hope i would walk around your tonnel...

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 24.02.2009, 20:40Posts: 1636Location: South Africa - Pastyland - Somewhere, you make the decision. Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 21.10.2010, 20:28 
Quote:
WOW! Is it underwater? I wanted to swim in Jacques Briel' s aquarium, but seems i was unlucky with that. The only hope i would walk around your tunnel...

Who said, the aquarium is still being made.

As always, Good work Bladestar. About the moving stairs, I'm planning to make animated 3d models in a while for the Mod I am working on. Would eliminate to extra amount of fg'ing and spare time and performance.

But I'm glad yours is working.
About the Aquarium piece your making, use rust on the outside structures to give it a more real feel.
Add more smaller structures for the support of the aquarium and cement blocks at the bottom where the smaller and large support structures connect. It should be a large structure in the middle and 4 to 8 smaller structures around it.

The water doesn't feel real IMHO but that's not important until the rest of this scene of the aquarium is finished, then experiment with the water. If I made such a part, mossy green dark fog water with large amount of large/medium/small water weed plants. In the inside when walking there is moss outside of Broken & Weak structures (Which can be modelled) and a piece that’s so destroyed/broken/weak that water comes pouring in.

It's to keep the scene interesting or more alive but dead at the same time if you know what I mean.
You could go for the alive feel but the I would like to see a few moving mechanisms taking thing out and in of the water, like a crane. It's your decision on what you want to add, just giving a few ideas as always.

Last edited by Jacques Briel on 21.10.2010, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.10.2010, 08:26 
thanks for the feedback guys

the pic of the tunnel is pretty ols..i dropped the water level as viz areas and portals around the side tunnels were a nightmare..so the tunnel is now half flooded with escape hatches into the water itself and from there to the pipe entrances that come from the back of the map so u can swim and gain access to this area from outside the energy building..see attached

battling with the water to get rid of sky reflections but really wanted to keep the ocean for the froth...with the viz area i have had to put a watervol in there as well to retain the swimming/physics of the water..
'
i added plants and the energy sites under the ater a while back but good points about the support structure Jacques..when the tunnel model is finished i will add these :)

toying with putting a flooded glass sphere room or something down there to get the underwater/aquarium affect u guys seem to like/want..just need a lot of patience with viz areas lol

thanks for the feedback :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 16:41 
here's the new type main tunnel..going to start on the side ones just now
ended up as 3 models..i for the steelwork..one for the piping and detail and 1 for the glass

tried to get it to look rusty but still metal...

please let me know what u think and how to improve it..
go easy on me though..its my first real model lol
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.02.2008, 14:13Posts: 2735Location: Greece Likes: 5

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.10.2010, 17:08 
The result is really amazing Bladestar! :)
The lighting and ohjects make the scene really atmospheric.

The model is well made too as far as I can see! :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.10.2010, 13:14 
Quote:
Originally posted by Geo Piskas
The result is really amazing Bladestar! :)
The lighting and ohjects make the scene really atmospheric.

The model is well made too as far as I can see! :)

hey thanks a lot Geo..coming from u that means a lot dude!
here's the first side tunnel :)
was a nightmare to build as its on a slope so no straign lines..nearlt drove me mad lol

hope u like :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.10.2010, 19:16 
quick update..
built the electricity stator things with rotating arms that glow and create the licht for the reflections in the tunnels

its like 4 stories high..half under water and half above water

finished off the tunnels as well ..so getting there :)
need to redo the control rooms for the gates, sort out the roof and lift wall cladding..

hope u like it so far?
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.07.2010, 20:35Posts: 49Location: Holland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.10.2010, 19:25 
Damn...how many different areas are in this map? Looking great, nice tech model you made there...I like the bar much, remind me bit of mass effect 2 bar, put some nice music in there and im sitting there all day :) The tunnels looking nice, keep up the modeling work.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.10.2010, 22:23 
Quote:
Originally posted by MysticMDT
Damn...how many different areas are in this map? Looking great, nice tech model you made there...I like the bar much, remind me bit of mass effect 2 bar, put some nice music in there and im sitting there all day :) The tunnels looking nice, keep up the modeling work.

hey Mystic
uhmm..there this underground proto and tunnel area
there's the energy building above it..
uhmm..the town and mall opposit the energy building..
uhmm..and the headquarter and channel are...oh yes and the harbour and rave place lol

psyphtoix is working on the music/beat side of it as we speak ;)

thanks for the great feedback dude!
appreciate it :

last post for this weekend's work
managed to knock up a rust control room thing for the gates that block the tac tank
was gonna go hi-tec but restrained myself lol

let me know what u think
thanks