View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 08.12.2007, 08:41Posts: 139 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 26.03.2011, 02:12 
Quote:
* Disabled ALT-TAB while playing

Why did you disable alt tabbing? It works fine in the game...

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.03.2011, 22:11Posts: 5 Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Better than Extreme Quality?
PostPosted 26.03.2011, 02:41 
Quote:
Originally posted by KillerSneak
Quote:
Originally posted by rubira
hi KillerSneak

Am I gonna get a better quality with this custom config instead the Extreme Quality preset?

Thanks m8!

Yes you will, I'm planning on releasing V0.03 tomorrow I'm working on the HDR settings now as imho there's to much HDR.

WOW! Good to know about it! :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.07.2008, 13:28Posts: 10 Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Better than Extreme Quality?
PostPosted 26.03.2011, 03:17 
Quote:
Originally posted by rubira
WOW! Good to know about it! :D

x2, thanks KillerSneak. :cheesy:

Crysis ... :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.03.2011, 23:25Posts: 92Location: Berlin Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 00:33 
KillerSneak - could you do all the beginners a big favor and document with a comment what each line does and if possible what the standart value is for that particular line?

I would like to be able to customize the config more but for that I need to know what all the lines do. Some I can guess but I won't touch them because I dont know what the standart value is.

What exactly do you do in the "sound" part of your config?

All this info would help me a lot! And I am sure that others will find it useful too! The more of us know whats going on the better, so lets share the knowledge!

Thank you a lot in advance! :)

Have a nice day! :)

Last edited by Megagoth1702 on 27.03.2011, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 29.12.2004, 16:20Posts: 414Location: Amersfoort Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 09:53 
Well it seems i can start modding afterall :) Where and How do I take screenshots with Crysis 2? And where does it store the images? (can someone help me on this one?)

It's fun to have a SACR/SCARAB with an maximum ammount of 330/320 bullets :) and it does allot more damage now same has been done for the Feline / Grendel / DSG1 and Fraggrenade.

I hope to have the test version online today (v0.03) with some extra mods other than a autoexec.cfg

~AMD Phenom II 965
~MSI GD70 (FX790) MoBo
~4GB DDR3 OCZ Reaper 1600Mhz
~HD5870 Vapor-X 2GB

Cell-Systems.net
-modular system enhancement

Cell-Systems-Interactive.com
-non static interactivity
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 03.02.2005, 23:59Posts: 7 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 17:14 
Guys, I think you won't get any much improvement with this.
Apart from drawing distance, all is already maxed out in Crysis 2 with default settings.

Like, upping texture resolution to 4096 (vs 2048) won't help, the source files don't exceed 2048 anyway.
Also, increasing GI distance doesn't help much if you don't increase GI resolution as well (see crytek gi papers) : the result is that you will get lower precision GI on close range.
You may increment the GI bounce by one, but it will not make a big difference visually speaking.
Finally, don't think incrementing the values add quality : values often refers to rendering presets, a "2" may be better than a "3" because they activate different things.

So you should be very careful when tweaking, do not say it will look better just because you have increased the numbers.

Specially when you don't show before/after screenshots of your tweaks : in my opinion, appart from a slightly better LOD you're not likely to have significant differences.

Last edited by divide on 27.03.2011, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 29.12.2004, 16:20Posts: 414Location: Amersfoort Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 17:29 
Quote:
Originally posted by divide
Guys, I think you won't get any much improvement with this.
Apart from drawing distance, all is already maxed out in Crysis 2 with default settings.

Like, upping texture resolution to 4096 (vs 2048) won't help, the source files don't exceed 2048 anyway.
Also, increasing GI distance doesn't help much if you don't increase GI resolution as well (see crytek gi papers) : the result is that you will get lower precision GI on close range.
You may increment the GI bounce by one, but it will not make a big difference visually speaking.
Finally, don't think incrementing the values add quality : values often refers to rendering presets, a "2" may be better than a "3" because they activate different things.

So you should be very careful when tweaking, do not say it will look better just because you have increased the numbers.

Specially when you don't show before/after screenshots of your tweaks : in my opinion, appart from a slightly better LOD you're not likely to have significant differences.

Crysis 2 distance rendering isn't maxed out, now it is and v0.03 already has many improvements in that section along with an other big update on some game mechanics.

The resolution has been updated as custom textures will be made and added in a later stage of the mod.

GI settings are fine.

Are you trying to tell me something about the values I dont know, or are you implying that i didn't read the cvar comments myself?

You will have a significant differnece @ shadows and their updated shadows on the ground, you will have a difference in the HDR department as well as far as making it all less shiny, the anemorphical flares will be less iritating.

the texture detail is always on their max detail. Beams are done in harware mode instead of soft. DoF and Fov settings have been updated.

And I can go on.

I'm doing some final tweaking to the cfg at the moment and will also bring new weapons improvements and some physics changes.

the cover system has been improved (will make sticking a bit easier) and I'm thinking of adding some more features.

~AMD Phenom II 965
~MSI GD70 (FX790) MoBo
~HD5870 Vapor-X 2GB

Cell-Systems.net

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 22.05.2010, 20:38Posts: 1398Location: Spain o: Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 17:35 
Killer could you post some comparison screens first?

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 26.03.2011, 23:25Posts: 92Location: Berlin Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 17:41 
Hey mate, again, think about commenting the lines please! This would really help a lot of fellas getting into all this!

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day! :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.12.2008, 22:18Posts: 99 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 18:00 
yeah, what Julio said :) any comparison pics?

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.02.2011, 12:24Posts: 2 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 18:15 
looking forward to v0.03, bloom was indeed too much :P
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.03.2011, 19:11Posts: 1Location: clouds Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 19:25 
Hi KillerSneak! Want to thank you for your work! I'm getting strange flashing shadows when i move around with v002? Just wonder what could cause it?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.03.2011, 11:28Posts: 3 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 27.03.2011, 22:09 
Quote:
Crysis 2 - PAK files unpacker

thats how :D

Unfortunately, the forum administrators have deleted all links associated with this "unofficial" utility. Anywhere else I can download the unpacker? PM me if need be. Thanks!

Last edited by Lazarus187 on 27.03.2011, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 08.12.2007, 08:41Posts: 139 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 28.03.2011, 01:17 
Quote:
Well it seems i can start modding afterall :) Where and How do I take screenshots with Crysis 2? And where does it store the images? (can someone help me on this one?)

It's fun to have a SACR/SCARAB with an maximum ammount of 330/320 bullets :) and it does allot more damage now same has been done for the Feline / Grendel / DSG1 and Fraggrenade.

I hope to have the test version online today (v0.03) with some extra mods other than a autoexec.cfg

If you have the steam version you can press f12 and it will take a screen for you. You can try to add the game/ shortcut to steam as well and try to take a screen. You can also try xfire and their screen shoot tool. In addition, fraps can also take screens. Cheers ;).

Post Topic: Version 0.03
PostPosted 28.03.2011, 10:17 
Quote:
Originally posted by factorx
Quote:

If you have the steam version you can press f12 and it will take a screen for you. You can try to add the game/ shortcut to steam as well and try to take a screen. You can also try xfire and their screen shoot tool. In addition, fraps can also take screens. Cheers ;).
I have the EA download version I need to know how to make screenshots ingame so. Version updated to 0.03 see first post for details.

~AMD Phenom II 965
~MSI GD70 (FX790) MoBo
~HD5870 Vapor-X 2GB

Cell-Systems.net