View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.05.2011, 16:59Posts: 22 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Pine City - Page 11 Download V4.2 TEMP LINK
PostPosted 09.05.2011, 19:19 
Quote by ODemuth:
sry if i'm wrong but isn't this only a map (and NO mod) ? I think you have to put this in the level folder and then run it...

It is a mod. The folder looks like other mods' folders...
I think so, because in the main folder there is a folder named "levels" and 2 files: info.xml and setting.xml
But, I'll try to run it like a map... If it helps, we will find a mistake.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.05.2011, 16:59Posts: 22 Likes: 0

PostPosted 09.05.2011, 19:22 
Quote by Tiesto:
The temp link there is wee bit slow at downloading ( Blame megaupload , not very mega is it ). I'll maybe upload to mediafire or rapidshare. The Version V4.2 and all versions before are all MODS so they should be installed as you would a mod , Extract folder PineCity from rar into Crysis/Mods folder , run Crysis goto mods click PineCity , wait for mod to load then finally open console and type "Map PineCity" Thanks

I am very sorry for doublepost, but it isn't works... I run this mod correctly (it's ok). But when I try to ran the map in the working mod, it send me to the desktop (100% of loading the map)
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 08.12.2009, 01:33Posts: 952Location: Glasgow,Scotland Likes: 39

PostPosted 09.05.2011, 19:31 
Quote by MeDVeDiCh:
Quote by Tiesto:
The temp link there is wee bit slow at downloading ( Blame megaupload , not very mega is it ). I'll maybe upload to mediafire or rapidshare. The Version V4.2 and all versions before are all MODS so they should be installed as you would a mod , Extract folder PineCity from rar into Crysis/Mods folder , run Crysis goto mods click PineCity , wait for mod to load then finally open console and type "Map PineCity" Thanks

I am very sorry for doublepost, but it isn't works... I run this mod correctly (it's ok). But when I try to ran the map in the working mod, it send me to the desktop (100% of loading the map)

Hey no worries mate, i will look into this im pretty shure everything is in correct structure, I'll have one of my testers test this out for me , If anyone else who has downloaded link and it works or does not work please let me know so i can replace link , Thanks.
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 15:04Posts: 817Location: Bordeaux, France Likes: 9

PostPosted 09.05.2011, 19:59 
I remember Tiesto warned us aboutissues to run the map in DX10, but a lot of people had no problem at all to run the previous version released in DX10 !

Yet you can try to run it in DX9 ^^
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 08.12.2009, 01:33Posts: 952Location: Glasgow,Scotland Likes: 39

PostPosted 09.05.2011, 20:39 
Ah yea it could be the dx10 thing thanks f37.. remember on my machine anyway this map crashes in dx10 , but i have had some reports that PineCity runs fine in Dx10, so incase it could be the dx10 issue then try running crysis in dx9 before playing PineCity.

To run crysis in dx9 do this
Rite click click your Crysis shortcut and go into properties
At the end of the Target after the last " add this
-dx9
make shure there is a space before the - hope i explained that ok ,Thanks.

PostPosted 09.05.2011, 20:51 
No, It is not a problem of DirectX... But in DirectX 9 the game loaded up to the words "PRESS ANY KEY"... But then goes only a black screen, which push me to the desktop.

PostPosted 09.05.2011, 21:27 
I made a hundreds of tests with graphics (and also DX) changing... The result is unusual.
This mod really can't work with DX10. I tried to run it in all graphics (Low, High, Very High)
In DX9 the mod could run only when I set all graphics to High (exept: "Textures" - Medium)... When I tried to set "Textures" to High, the game pushed me to the Desktop...
I hope, my tests will help you.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.06.2011, 01:02Posts: 3 Likes: 0

PostPosted 23.06.2011, 01:09 
Quote by Tiesto:
Quote by MeDVeDiCh:
I tried to run this mod... I can't. I used the CryLauncher programme. The result is nothing. Black screen at the 100% of downloading the map.
May be I make a mistake in installing? (I put the folder "PineCity" into the directory "Crysis/Mods/PineCity")

I downloaded the mod and loaded it onto crysis, but I cant seem to get the mapto open. I keep typing in Map PineCity but it says it does not recognize the command

Edit: Sorry I was to derp too look through the comments and see what I was supposed to do

PostPosted 23.06.2011, 11:31 
Little Update on Pine City progress .. Much work has been done on City Streets detailing the ground level of Pine City , although it still has a long way to go before being completed i am continuing to work on Pine City in my free time ( Some very nice street areas now :) ) , I may post some new screenshots of the new street level areas in comming weeks or months. Thanks. :]
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9879Location: Finland Likes: 185

PostPosted 23.06.2011, 11:43 
Sounds great, remember to optimize the street areas so they won't kill performance entirely - adjust the view distance of small props and especially lights (they have a default view distance of 100, which means that a light with a 5 m radius will be visible from 500 meters away)... Turn light view distance down to 15 or 20. ;)

Looking forward to seeing some street-level shots! :)

PostPosted 28.06.2011, 12:04 
Quote by the_grim:
Sounds great, remember to optimize the street areas so they won't kill performance entirely - adjust the view distance of small props and especially lights (they have a default view distance of 100, which means that a light with a 5 m radius will be visible from 500 meters away)... Turn light view distance down to 15 or 20. ;)

Looking forward to seeing some street-level shots! :)

Alot of time and work has been put into Pine City past few months on street level even put in some real time reflective sidewalks and some nice enviroment maps to get that wet look. Adding small props to a city this size is a sizeable task in its self but im getting it done. Performance wise when adding props that shouldn't be a problem if draw distance is set correctly and efficently, there was many areas with lots of grass witch din't need to be there so vegetation optimization will offset any additional props being added me thinks .In terms of lights , atm Pine City does not contain any lights ( Those screenshots of Pine City nightime was just a test really and not good performance wise 20,000 dp lol) . Maybe if i can port Pine City over to Ce3 i will deffintly include lots of lights. And yeah default draw distance on lights is insane! when i do use lights i usualy have draw distance down at about 4 or 5.

So next update i will include a neat new way of making skyskrapers with even less DP , new enviroment maps on vehicles for some neat reflections and lots of other stuff. So the next release of Pine City will be V 5 and should be pretty complete Thanks :))
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 13:25Posts: 759Location: Russia, Moskow Likes: 34

PostPosted 29.06.2011, 05:25 
Hope to see CE3 version of Pine City soon!

PostPosted 21.07.2011, 06:22 
Pine City Progress Update :

Quote by Lex4art:
Hope to see CE3 version of Pine City soon!

It looks like pinecity for CryEngine 3 will have to be rebuilt with only the heightmap :( . After many attemps at exporting all pinecity objects in grp form ; from ce2 into ce3 it just din't work withought crashing ce3. The only things i can succsesfully import from pinecity ce2 is the heightmap / solids / vegetation and that means basicly starting from scratch on CE3.

In the mean time pinecity will remain on the Cry Engine 2 untill it is fully complete. :))

Changes :

* New optmized skyscrapers with new textures
* Estimated Prop placement completion = 20%
* Parked car placement estimated completion = 60%
* Higher FPS - particles/entities/vegetation/solids/brushes optimized

Now i have some new screenshots :

Last edited by Tiesto on 21.07.2011, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5199Status: Online Likes: 253

PostPosted 21.07.2011, 06:29 
wow, looks much better than old version :D
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11133Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 813

Post Topic: Re: Pine City - Progress Update New Screenshots Page 15
PostPosted 21.07.2011, 10:51 
8o those city overview shots are amazing!

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.