View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11265Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 844

Post Topic: Welcome To Crymod 2.0!
PostPosted 30.06.2011, 18:36 

Hello Crymod!

Let me start off by saying, "YAY!" \o/

We've been looking forward to releasing this new Crymod website for quite a while now and we hope you're all as excited for it as we are. We look forward to hearing your feedback on the site, what kind of features you'd like to see or what kind of adjustments you'd like made to the existing setup. Please use the Feedback & Support forum for your feedback and we'll keep our eyes peeled for it!

Portal / Homepage / News Page - index.php / newspage.php
I guess we'll start with an introduction to the portal/homepage. As you can see, it's undergone a major transformation since the old WoltBB site, a fair bit more modern in terms of presentation and functionality (with more to come, read on). Currently we've got two huge banners for the two most needed sections of the site, the Mod SDK package and the SDK documentation. After some time, we'll be taking down these links and replacing those spaces with more feeds/information, including a Wiki feed.

Next up, for those who need more than the latest 5 articles, we've got a second page, dedicated completely to the Crymod news. A larger preview image and more preview text will have you finding the news you want to read much easier and you can continue to go back, viewing pages upon pages of older news. Due to the fact that our news articles now pull images for thumbnail previews, you may notice a "Crytek" logo image being replaced because hugely stretched banner shaped images look a bit... odd. This will resolve itself as more and more news articles are released with suitable images.

Forum - forum.php
Ah, the forums. The bricks and mortar of any well established community! As we've combined Crysis and Crysis 2 content, we needed to make a few adjustments to the layout in order to not have a forum list that takes an hour to scroll to the bottom of. You'll find two different categories for each section, biased towards CryENGINE 2 or CryENGINE 3. We felt this was the easiest and most straight forward way to structure the content so that there weren't any topic mix ups. It's fantastic to see people jumping straight into it and posting their awesome CE3 art. You'll notice also that we now have an image resizer! (another "yay!"). Excellent to see everyone posting their Sandbox 3 feedback in the appropriate forum also. We'll be keeping an eye on this and passing along the feedback so thanks and keep it coming :)

Wiki / SDK Documentation - wiki / http://sdk.crymod.com/
CryWiki is available and fully integrated with the forum software so you don't need to create an account in order use the wiki, just log in to your forum account, click on the wiki and an account is automatically created! Currently it's hosting all of the CryENGINE 2 content that was available on the old site. We plan to update the wiki with all of the documentation from sdk.crymod.com as well as user tutorials and other cool content. We hope that the community will take it upon themselves to use the wiki, update the articles to suit CE2/CE3 accessibility and make it a huge resource of knowledge for everyone to share and use. You will likely notice a few broken things within the wiki at present but we are fixing missing links and any bugs as we go.

As mentioned above, we've got our brand new documentation for the Crysis 2 SDK and it's huge! With over 300 articles at your disposal, this wealth of information prepared by Crytek will help you on your way to creating your own custom content with CryENGINE 3! If you've got specific information you'd like to see an article prepared on, let us know in the Feedback & Support forum.

Downloads Database - downloads.php
Yes, the downloads are finally back! We apologise for how long this has been unavailable but it proved to be incredibly difficult to go from our very old and very custom-built download module to a new and unfamiliar (borderline unsuitable!) download module on a completely different software platform. Getting these two modules to talk was like trying to teach German to an Australian! We realise that you can't currently upload anything to this section but as the banner says, it's currently still under construction while we iron out a few remaining issues. The most important part, we felt, was that the all the current content was made available again. The other known issue is that files from some categories have been merged. For example, you will find the ICMC SP levels inside the Crysis SP levels category. We will endeavour to get these files back where they belong as quickly as possible but in the mean time, you can still search for files. Other than that, if you come across any issues, please let us know.

Support / FAQ - faq.php
In this section you'll find a huge FAQ full of handy information to do with the forums and the download section. We will eventually have this set in a tabbed formation, sectioning off the Q/A's to their appropriate subject, just for easier use. Also in this section, you'll probably have already found the Crysis 2 Mod SDK package as well as the Community Dedicated Server package! This will be a quick and easy way to find the latest official Crytek files that you may need.

In addition to the above, you can also contact us via the Contact Us form mailer. Please note that this should only be used for support regarding the web site if you are prevented from being able to use the website to gain support (account/login issues, etc). Any support regarding the Editor/Tools and most website issues should be placed on the forum and are more likely to be answered faster!

What's next?
Well, there's one obvious missing component to this website! The core of Crymod 2.0 is [will be] based around the all-new, completely overhauled Mods Database. The plans we have set in motion for the new Mods section on Crymod are so huge that it had to be taken on as a project of its own. We've made many, many changes to the functionality, usability and usefulness of the Mods Database, based on feedback from the Community and Crymod Staff. It was certainly the weakest link on the old site but we're confident everyone will love new setup. We will be incorporating awesome promotional functionality like a media-rich "Top Featured" list of projects that will be live on the Portal for hundreds of thousands of people to see. It will feature rating systems, jobs requests, image/video support plus a whole host of features to help promote your project. We can't wait to talk more about it in the near future. As we get further into the project we'll be able to provide you with a rough ETA but please bear with us until then.

So, that's it... for now! We hope you enjoy the new website. There's a lot of determination, headaches, celebration, heartache and triumph gone into its development, with plenty more to come!

Thanks,
- Crymod Staff Team

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.

User avatar   Developer DeveloperMember since: 19.03.2008, 00:04Posts: 230Location: Turkey-Istanbul Likes: 15

Post Topic: Re: Welcome To Crymod 2.0!
PostPosted 30.06.2011, 21:15 
Thats awesome . finally we got it :love:

User avatar   Has seen it all Has seen it allMember since: 27.12.2007, 01:50Posts: 6478Location: Nottingham Likes: 4

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 21:32 
Great work guys, Crymod 2.0 is looking mighty fine. :love:
User avatar   Executive Producer Executive ProducerMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 21:38 
We certainly are happy with the new site :happy:

And as they say, you can't achieve great things without a struggle ;)

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11974Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 743

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 21:50 
Very happy with the new site, everything looks awesome.

User avatar   Has seen it all Has seen it allMember since: 11.07.2008, 20:25Posts: 11740Location: Nottingham, UK Likes: 90

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 22:28 
:easter:

Now let's create some awesome stuff.

Out now! CryENGINE Game Programming with C++, C#, and Lua
Ex-Crytek, now with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
User avatar   Uber Developer Uber DeveloperMember since: 15.11.2007, 20:40Posts: 1069Location: The Netherlands Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 22:55 
Oh so very shiny!
Good job team!

User avatar   Uber Developer Uber DeveloperMember since: 06.02.2009, 18:11Posts: 2350Location: United States Likes: 5

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 23:02 
:love:
User avatar   Executive Producer Executive ProducerMember since: 21.02.2008, 04:00Posts: 3359Location: Canada Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 23:12 
The new site is indeed a gem. Big thanks to the Crytek teams and the designing team in specific. A lot of credit goes to the senior Moderating team who put a lot of thought behind the redesign, so don't forget about them ;)

We should be seeing a rise in traffic and I hope our community is up to the challenge.

The only way I'm leaving is either with a degree in my hand or they drag me out by the ears. And last time I checked no one's holding my ears.
User avatar   Executive Producer Executive ProducerMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 30.06.2011, 23:26 
Quote by Arafitos:
We should be seeing a rise in traffic and I hope our community is up to the challenge.

Hopefully some hardware and telecommunication resources are also up to date :rolleyes:

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Not my first Rodeo Not my first RodeoMember since: 14.12.2009, 20:16Posts: 521Location: Under some tree drinking water. I'm behind crymod on my mobile. Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.07.2011, 01:33 
Yeah ! Endly after a so long waiting time ! I can now drop off Facebook and use my time on crymod Yeah ! Maximum job!
  Senior Developer Senior DeveloperMember since: 17.11.2007, 21:25Posts: 941 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.07.2011, 11:23 
Awesomesauce! :)
User avatar   Senior Developer Senior DeveloperMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 999 Likes: 29

PostPosted 01.07.2011, 11:56 
this is looking great on internet explorer, but crymod 2.0 doesnt work with google chrome.... i hope you can fix that. otherwise im overwhelmed. :)
  Senior Developer Senior DeveloperMember since: 17.11.2007, 21:25Posts: 941 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.07.2011, 12:30 
I'm on chrome, works fine. :)
User avatar   Has seen it all Has seen it allMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5214 Likes: 253

PostPosted 01.07.2011, 12:36 
downoad...