View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

Post Topic: Dark Craft Studios Presents: The First Stone
PostPosted 03.07.2011, 20:54 
Dark Craft Studios

I like to take a moment to present to you guys Dark Craft Studios, a duo team formed after the success of Worry of Newport. It includes jason187781 and I as lead developers.

I am a lead developer, writer, vegetation/organic level designer.
jason187781 is a lead developer, trackview/cutscene artist, interior design lead, and modeller.

Together we're going to release to you guys equally polished, immersive, exciting mods for Crysis and Crysis 2 as we released Worry of Newport.

You can track our progress at,

http://www.moddb.com/company/dark-craft-studios

Now, onto the mod:

The First Stone

Moddb Page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-first-stone

The First Stone is a Lovecraftian inspired horror/mystery set in modern times in which the player must solve a mystery that involves humanity itself. A necromancer, Dorian Caulm, has unwittingly unleashed someone or something Albert Curwen, a vindicated and dangerous Necromancer. TFS is a tale of two necromancers Albert Curwen and Dorian Caulm. The two have been working together to crack a mysterious manuscript's code found in a tomb in modern day Iran. At last, Dorian cracks it. Albert is invited to his farm in Providence, New England, to observe the results but upon his arrival he discovers that something has gone horribly wrong. Dorian is gone, and his catacomb-esque network of tunnels and chambers in the hillside have been infested with monsters, clues, diary pages leading Albert and more.

Gameplay

Exploration

The vast majority of the game will be within the sprawling network of tunnels and catacombs and chambers under Dorian Caulm's estate. These will be highly detailed and polished, with many room, offshoot tunnels, and studies and chambers for you to explore. Essentially, for the main exploration, the idea is to survive, and reach the end of the catacombs--an area which Dorian Caulm refers to as the "Access Point".

Open World Elements

Three areas will allow for you to go outside into supremely detailed New England hillsides, and while the distance you can travel is limited, some of them may have a house, a farm, a shrine, or something else of high interest you can visit that will unlock more areas for you to explore within the tunnels themselves. You might find a nasty old man locked inside a house who wants something in return to a set of keys he has, or you might stumble upon a sacrificial ceremony deep within the woods. These sequences will be highly polished and immersive, but there will not be *too* many of them.

Engine

The First Stone will be running on an optimized version of Newport Engine 3 which is a coined term for the optimization, dynamic ToD's, vegetation design and atmosphere that went into Worry of Newport - Part 2. What you can expect are massive levels with no loading screens, tons of optimization per area for a number of computer rigs, and over 30 pages of flowgraph scripting for unloading and loading in additional areas dynamically.

This version of NE3 will be using Cryengine 2, as always, and will be for Crysis 1 players.

Last edited by C-zom on 03.07.2011, 21:02, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

Post Topic: Re: Dark Craft Studio Presents: The First Stone
PostPosted 03.07.2011, 20:54 
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.02.2011, 19:43Posts: 32Location: France Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Dark Craft Studios Presents: The First Stone
PostPosted 04.07.2011, 21:46 
Well. If it's as good as Newport was, I'm really looking forward to play these mods.

PostPosted 04.07.2011, 22:43 
They're gonna be great. First Stone is going to be more polished and present more gameplay, as well as a new bookreading system that doesn't suck and some cool open world elements.

Echo Theory is gonna be a great Crysis 2 mod for sci-fi horror fans, but I don't want to spoil too much on it.

PostPosted 13.07.2011, 08:15 
Update

Logistics for this project are underway in a tremendously professional way, as compared to Newport.

I will have tons of screenshots within a week.

-Two voice actors have been signed onto the project, with a third female character on the way.

-An editor, Avvil Garrant, has been signed onto be my personal editor and condense and polish my stories down to more digestible size. Every writer needs an editor, and I've found my perfect one.

-I am in talks with one composer this time to score the entirety of The First Stone, and not just select pieces. This time there will be fully ambient and area related music.

-I am almost done signing on a artist for loading screens, this time to be much more polished than the last.