As some of you may know, I created a Roman Colosseum a few months ago and showed it off on the Cryengine 2, so naturally, while learning the Cryengine 3, I had to try and import the Colosseum to CE3 aswell.
For those who don't know, this was the CE2 thread.viewtopic.php?f=280&t=66864
After a few hours of working out how the Maya export tools work, and a few more hours adapting my models to the new tools and engine (had a bunch of errors on some of the models which took a while to fix), I finally got the model into the Cryengine 3.
(NOTE: I decided to apply some Crysis 2 concrete materials to the structure and basic wood material to the rails etc just to see if it would look any better)
Below are images from CE3.
The scene is in DX11 Ultra mode, yet unfortunately looks very much the same as my Mount and Blade: Warband version of the model as seen here, but I believe this is excusable due to using really only 2 textures for the entire model, a model which is not complete and has pretty bad UV layouts:
Anyway, I thought i'd show it off, even though it's months old, just so people know what the WIP version looks like in CE3.