View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Trainee TraineeMember since: 19.06.2011, 16:55Posts: 193Location: Quebec Likes: 0

Post Topic: Crysis:RED
PostPosted 03.07.2011, 07:06 

Mod Type - Single-Player Campaign
Release Date - TBD

STORY

Mars, the 22nd century. Rich in mineral resources and a stepping stone to the asteroid belt, the red planet has become the bedrock of scientific and industrial development. To escape the overpopulation on earth, thousands of colonists flock to martian colonies every year. Some come seeking work in a prestigious corporation lab. Others are drawn by the promise of lucrative work in mining operations. All come in search of a new beginning. Far from utopian, life on the red planet is one of hard work, of blood and sweat and dedication. The world is harsh and ripe with peril. But Mars offers one thing that Earth cannot: peace. In accordance to the treaty of Columbia Hills, the colonies are self-governed, independent from Earth’s international politics. Nationality is a foreign concept. All are martian. Protected by the Martian Protection Front (MPF), the colonies sleep sound at night.

You are John Bishops, soldier of the MPF, handpicked to lead a series of exploratory missions into uninhabited regions of the red planet. When your communications equipment is jammed and your Redhawk helicopter is shot down, you find yourself stranded in unknown territory. Braving the deadly martian landscape on foot, you soon uncover a plot that threatens the very balance of life on Mars. With your team’s survival resting in your hands, your supplies low, you must haul ass, survive, and get a warning signal out to your superiors before its too late.

Crysis:RED is a fast-paced, single-player add-on campaign for Crysis 2. Fight for the survival of Mars. Take up arms against a rising threat. Put your life on the line to save the martian colonies from oppression. Surrender is not an option.

FEATURES

In-Depth Storyline - Plunge into the universe of RED, where humanity has taken to the stars in a desperate push to find a new home after an ecological disaster renders the asian continent inhabitable. With the use of sub-par, underdeveloped technology, they struggle to colonize Mars and the Galilean moons in the hope of someday extending their reach to an extrasolar earthlike planet. There are those who believe mankind could only reach such goals under an iron fist. These same people will stop at nothing to conquer worlds.

Based on a story and setting developed for a science-fiction novel, Crysis:RED offers an extra layer of world-building and depth to the mod experience.

Martian Setting - Leave Earth behind. Set foot on a near future Mars. Watch your every step as you brave the red planet’s countless ravines, craters and caves. Adjust to low-gravity and face a deadly world ready to swallow the unweary. Prepare for the storm.

New textures, models, sounds and handcrafted terrain are used to bring the serene yet deathly beauty of Mars to life. Inspired by NASA photographs and powered by Cryengine 3, the red planet has never looked better.

Exploration - Search the dark corners of Mars in search of new, rewarding collectibles. Learn more about the setting, the backstory and the colonies of Mars. Find energy packs and unlock new abilities.

Inspired by collectibles systems found in such games as God of War, Castlevania, and Hunted, filling energy pack slots will grant you new abilities, providing an enhanced the sense of progression.

Open-Tactics - Engage the enemy your way. Strike from the shadow. Hit them hard, head-on. Turn the land against them. Embark on a dynamic mission and complete fluid and challenging objectives.

Crafted to support strategy and choice, the way and the order in which you complete your objectives will change the face of the battleground. The enemy will react to your actions, and alter their plan of action to counter yours. New enemies raise the challenge to a new level.

Thermal Suit - Don the MPF-licensed Thermal Suit prototype. Make use of new gadgets and abilities. Light the dark with your helmet flashlight. Fry your enemies’ hardware with an EMP burst. Unlock new abilities, and gain the edge over your enemies.

Built entirely through flowgraphs, new gadgets aim to provide a unique, action-packed experience, different from Crysis 2’s nanosuit.

MEDIA

August 2nd:
New shots added on page 3.

July 18th:

July 10th:

July 5th: Deleted, redundant.

July 3rd:
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Jep on 23.08.2011, 20:43, edited 24 times in total.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.06.2010, 23:12Posts: 9 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Crysis: Mars [SP-WIP]
PostPosted 03.07.2011, 07:50 
Looks great so far! Especially the ToD : D
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 09:12 
Nice, keep going :))

Living under a energy dome is a bit far fetched IMO, digging into caves would be more feasible as we know there is caves in Mars :rolleyes:

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.07.2011, 19:27Posts: 12 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 12:02 
Looking great man
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10946Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 755

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 13:30 
Quote:
Edit: Yes, thats an helicopter in the crash site picture, and yes, I've done my research. Light-weight helicopters are one of the prime candidates for future real-life manned missions on Mars.
Bahaha, awesome first post :) Welcome!

Atmosphere reminds me of MWLL! Love it!

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.06.2011, 17:41Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 17:17 
I've noticed that you are using the "Marine" arms, instead of the traditional "Nano Suit" arms. May i ask how you did that. Also it looks great! :cheesy:
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 19.06.2011, 16:55Posts: 193Location: Quebec Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 17:36 
Thanks for the comments everyone! Hope I'll have more to show you soon. I think I'm learning the editor fairly fast, and having a whole load of fun doing it.

Quote by Talvipakkanen:
Nice, keep going :))

Living under a energy dome is a bit far fetched IMO, digging into caves would be more feasible as we know there is caves in Mars :rolleyes:

You know, I tend to agree with you, and by all accounts its pretty unlikely we'll see this kind of force-field technology by the 22nd century without some sort of miraculous physics breakthrough. That being said, I've always enjoyed the concept of biodomes, its all a matter of making it work. And for the record, there indeed underground settlements in this version of Mars, and we'll be seeing some in the first mission. Regardless, there needs to be top-side spaceports, launch pads and facilities. And no human could settle to live underground forever. We need our beloved sky! ;)

Quote by Brahman56:
I've noticed that you are using the "Marine" arms, instead of the traditional "Nano Suit" arms. May i ask how you did that. Also it looks great! :cheesy:

Brahman, this is how I did it, via a spawnpoint flowchart:

See Game:Start and Actor:SetPlayerModel

Last edited by Jep on 03.07.2011, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.06.2011, 17:41Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 17:40 
Thanks alot!

PostPosted 03.07.2011, 17:44 
No prob, buddy!

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.07.2011, 19:52Posts: 9Location: Iceland Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.07.2011, 20:38 
Thanks for the flowchart, was wondering how to do that also!

B. Gunnarsson | Portfolio | Twitter | Contact
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 17.11.2007, 21:25Posts: 941 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.07.2011, 20:40 
Promising!

Level Artist

www.helderpinto.com

PostPosted 05.07.2011, 13:52 
Hope I can live up to the promise, its actually tougher than I thought to make Mars an interesting landscape. I'm sure I'll manage though! Hopefully I'll have some more shots for you fellows soon.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.06.2011, 09:31Posts: 70Location: Croatia Likes: 0

PostPosted 05.07.2011, 15:02 
Hi, sorry for being a n00b but, is this a MP map, or like a little game?

Post Topic: Re: Crysis: RED [SP-WIP]
PostPosted 06.07.2011, 05:46 
Just a little fly-by screenshot update. Updated the landscape, added more detail, and two of the shots feature a ravine that the player will have to traverse. The player will have multiple choices, such as crawling through a cliffside cave but facing a high risk of ambush, or taking a more perilous way across, jumping from overhang to overhang and fending off enemy combat drones, but gaining the upper ground and the element of surprise on the ambush as a pay-off. More to come!

[Old Shots moved to first]

For the record, I'm having a serious love-hate relationship with voxels. I love the concept, but its a little too restrained to really make good looking, tight-quarter caves. I end up with very jaggy cave walls, and don't me started on the texturing nightmare. Is there's away to increase the polygon count that I haven't found just yet? Is there a way to remap textures so it doesn't look so... stretched and wierd? If anyone's got tips for voxel work, I'm all ears!

Last edited by Jep on 11.07.2011, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.07.2011, 02:58Posts: 49 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Crysis: RED [SP-WIP]
PostPosted 06.07.2011, 05:53 
Quote by Jep:
Just a little fly-by screenshot update. Updated the landscape, added more detail, and two of the shots feature a ravine that the player will have to traverse. The player will have multiple choices, such as crawling through a cliffside cave but facing a high risk of ambush, or taking a more perilous way across, jumping from overhang to overhang and fending off enemy combat drones, but gaining the upper ground and the element of surprise on the ambush as a pay-off. More to come!

For the record, I'm having a serious love-hate relationship with voxels. I love the concept, but its a little too restrained to really make good looking, tight-quarter caves. I end up with very jaggy cave walls, and don't me started on the texturing nightmare. Is there's away to increase the polygon count that I haven't found just yet? Is there a way to remap textures so it doesn't look so... stretched and wierd? If anyone's got tips for voxel work, I'm all ears!

Split the voxel into 8 pieces (there should be a button for it). It helps quite a bit :)

Your rocks look very glossy, but other than that, it looks fantastic :)