View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.02.2009, 15:28Posts: 230Location: Brazil Likes: 4

Post Topic: BlackFire's Mod 2 [v2.0 final update for MaLDoHDv4 released]
PostPosted 29.07.2011, 23:21 

Still not satisfied with the DirectX 11 patch? Did you expected more? Do you still think Crysis 2 has a graphical potential greater than was shown so far? Are you expecting something that really causes a significant change in the look of the game? Here's what we all waited for.

After several months of development, BlackFire's Mod 2 was developed to bring you a brand new lighting for the game, turning that smoky atmosphere of the original Crysis 2 into a clear and sunny day, leveraging the full lighting potential of CryEngine 3.

Vivid colors, detailed shadows, along with a redesigned lighting, makes BlackFire's Mod 2 one experience that you will not believe that your machine is capable of.

In order to bring a greater immersion to the game, BlackFire's Mod 2 also features a complementary mod, the Quality Mod made by -ShonE-.It adds several visual effects such as Dynamic Depth of Field, Lens Flares, and and many other cool stuff.

It is now also 100% compatible with the greatest Crysis 2 Texture Pack on the internet, MaLDo HD v4.0.

Quality Mod's Official Thread:
http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71723

Make sure you check out my latest work, for Crysis 1:
BlackFire's Mod Ultimate for Crysis 1: viewtopic.php?f=277&t=105977

BlackFire's Mod 2 [Official Trailer]

MaLDoHDv4 is mandatory for the non Stand-alone edition! And it's not included in the installer.
You don't need to install Quality Mod or the Compound Bow Mod separately, it is already included in this mod.
There is only one requirement for the installation order: BlackFire's Mod 2 must be the last mod you install.
Never use your old saved games , the ones generated before you installed this mod. Start a new game or load a level from the "Replay Mission" menu.
Works with both Dx9 and Dx11, but with Dx9 you won't have tessellated textures.
After installed, you can run MaLDo Config Utility as many times as you want, no need to reinstall anything.
If you think the Lighting is too bright, this mod has a alternative lighting with has much less brightness and contrast, just press "L" to use it.

BlackFire's Mod 2 vs Ultra Specs:
(Note this comparisons are from version 1.0)Image

Known issues: (Read carefully)
. Sometimes when you are zooming the weapon, it simply zooms out pretty far.This is a QualityMod bug, if this happens to you, just right click again and it should be ok, if it bothers you so much, use the stand-alone edition of this mod because it hasn't QM.
. The Compound Bow doesn't show the weapon attachments properly.
. Sometimes when you die and load the last checkpoint, your Compound Bow appears with no bows or it simply don't appear, although you still holding something.
. If you enter an interior area and die, when you leave it, the game may not restore to the High Contrast config.
. The lens flare doesn't always show correctly, this occurs because the lens flares effect was made to fit with the original Quality Mod's TOD, and the sun position may not be the same as mine.

This is the most common problem, so pay attention:
    Most people never had it, others have it constantly, it usually happens in a spefic level but not always the same.
    It's a bug that happens when you die and load the last checkpoint.In some levels, this causes several bugs like doors not opening, game objectives not updating, enemies vanishing.
    I have no clue why this happens, and neither a way to fix it. The only thing I can tell you to do if you experience such a unpleasant situation, is to go back to the main menu, go to "Replay Mission" and play the whole level again from the beginning, and finish it without dying. I'm sorry for that, I wish I knew a better way to deal with this, but I don't.

But don't worry that much, this can never happen to you.

Most of this problems can be solved by using the Stand-alone version of this mod.So if you run into any trouble, try the other version of the mod.

If you don't want to use MaLDo HD v4.0 Texture Pack and Quality Mod 1.92c, skip the steps 1 , 2 , 3 and 4.

1st: Update your game to the version 1.9, and install the Dx11 pack:
          Crysis 2 Patch 1.9: http://international.download.nvidia.com/.../Crysis2Patch19.exe
          DirectX 11 Pack: http://www.mycrysis.com/download/Crysis_2_DX11_Pack.exe

2nd: Download MaLDoHDv4 from his blog: http://maldotex.blogspot.com.br/2013/02 ... rsion.html

■ Install it but don't run the utility or the game yet.

3rd: Install MaLDoHDv4 Fixes 1 and 2:
Fix 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/by9pavonbt5x9 ... IX%201.rar
Fix 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs67nj03ru3b3 ... IX%202.rar

Fixes install intructions: Open the .rar, open the folder "MaLDoHD 4.0 FIX 1", and move the folder "MaLDoHDv4" to your Crysis 2 Mods directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2\Mods). Do the same thing for the fix 2.

4th: Run MaLDoHD Config Utility using the shortcut created in your desktop, configure the game the way you want.When you're done, run the game using the utility or MaLDo HD shortcut just to see if the game opens correctly. If it does, close it and proceed to the next step.

Note: If your screen resolution gets all weird when you launch the game, run the Utility again and change the Antialiasing option to one of the first three options.

5th: Download and install BlackFire's Mod 2

BlackFire's Mod 2 Full compatible with MaLDo HD v4.0
(208 MB)

Mirrors:
http://nethosting.pagebr.com/teste/setup_blackfire_mod_2.exe
http://www.multiupload.nl/204GE0HD4J

The following mods are included in this version:
Quality Mod 1.92c by Shone : viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71723
Compound Bow Mod: viewtopic.php?f=308&t=105229
Drivable Civilian Vehicles v1.2: viewtopic.php?f=308&t=70485
Alcatraz Mod Soundtrack: viewtopic.php?f=308&t=76093

Note: Again, the Compound Bow Mod it's kinda buggy, so If you have problem with this weapon, just ignore it in game.

If you don't want to use MaLDo HD v4.0 Texture Pack and all those mods above, download the Stand-alone version of the mod.No aditional downloads are needed and you will get only the new Lighting and the Contrast Settings feature, but it's less buggy and lighter:

BlackFire's Mod 2 Stand-alone Edition
(38 MB)

Mirror:
http://nethosting.pagebr.com/teste/setup_blackfire_mod_2_stand-alone_edition.exe

Atention: This version is not 100% compatible with MaLDo HD v4.0.But by using it, you'll still be able to use most of the textures, however, you won't play the game with the level changes he made.

Previous versions:
v1.10
Older versions

Important: Make sure you install the mod in your Crysis 2 root folder. Steam/Origin users be aware that you will mandatorily have to change the setup's default install location.

6th: Play the game using BlackFire's Mod 2 shortcut created in your desktop or even MaLDo's shortcut. Or you can load the mod in the main menu.

Don't forget: Never use your old save games, the ones generated before you installed this mod. Start a new game or load a level from the "Replay Mission" menu.

Note: If you clicked on the shortcut of my mod a message shows telling that Crysis2.exe was not founded, that means you installed my mod in the wrong folder.

Check out this mod on moddb, rate if you like it:

Click here to see the best screenshots of this mod

Old album: http://gabrielpc2.imgur.com/blackfire03 ... creenshots
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by BlackFireBR on 09.04.2013, 22:26, edited 133 times in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 02.07.2011, 17:02Posts: 1292Location: HQ Likes: 76

Post Topic: Re: BlackFire's Mod 2
PostPosted 29.07.2011, 23:26 
im mindblown. im downloading as soon as i am on my C2 pc o-o

Why wont you make a moddb page too??? it draws much attention! This needs attention man! it GREAT!

Sometimes the small stuff does matter

Quote by Lavizh:
This thread is so useless it doesn't even deserve the database space it requires.

/Closed for obvious reasons.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 22.02.2009, 15:28Posts: 230Location: Brazil Likes: 4

PostPosted 29.07.2011, 23:36 
Quote by CryStalker:
im mindblown. im downloading as soon as i am on my C2 pc o-o

Why wont you make a moddb page too??? it draws much attention! This needs attention man! it GREAT!
Thanks, I didn't know that

How do I post there? Simply create an account and post?In wich area?

Thank you
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 10406Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 514

PostPosted 29.07.2011, 23:39 
Downloading now ...

< Vascotia Studios >

Image   Image   Image   Image   Image

NO support via PM!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.11.2010, 01:12Posts: 29 Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.07.2011, 23:58 
yes....Yes.... YES! Finally! O_O
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 02.07.2011, 05:47Posts: 142 Likes: 1

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 00:03 
Is this for real? O.O

Although photo 16 under "comparisons"(the green one XD)... I prefer the original one, mainly because the atmosphere in the picture shows that it is gone when playing your mod. Other than that, this is just amazing, best news this month.

Last edited by awSHUM- on 30.07.2011, 00:06, edited 2 times in total.
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 29.06.2011, 21:46Posts: 219Location: Eugene, OR Likes: 3

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 00:04 
Excellent work! I will pull this down tonight.
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 10406Location: Hamar, Norway Likes: 514

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 00:26 
Some areas are too dark (in doors). Will play some more.

< Vascotia Studios >

Image   Image   Image   Image   Image

NO support via PM!
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 02.07.2011, 05:47Posts: 142 Likes: 1

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 00:46 
Quote by Lavizh:

really? I find it just fine.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.07.2011, 20:11Posts: 8Location: France Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 00:52 
Nice,very good job. It's amazing.

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 01:21 
Quote by awSHUM-:
Quote by Lavizh:

really? I find it just fine.

Yes, it is a little darker, but nothing that really hinders
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.06.2010, 09:25Posts: 26 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 04:55 
Just tried it out, absolutely amazing. I love it, the sharper shadows, the textures along with MaLDo's, and the new ToD. With all of that said, I've run into a few bug/glitches. Here's what I found:

Weird texture issue, all over the place.

Extremely dark and square shadows, makes the asphalt look completely black.

Not as dark, but really square shadow...

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 09:22 
Quote by Louie82y:
Just tried it out, absolutely amazing. I love it, the sharper shadows, the textures along with MaLDo's, and the new ToD. With all of that said, I've run into a few bug/glitches. Here's what I found:

Weird texture issue, all over the place.

Extremely dark and square shadows, makes the asphalt look completely black.

Not as dark, but really square shadow...
I`ll see what I can do about those textures.I didn`t see that.Thanks for the feedback :D

About the square shadows, try to remove the command r_ShadowJittering = 0.4 from the autoexec.cfg file.

And thank you for using the mod =D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 11.06.2010, 09:25Posts: 26 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 19:00 
Alright, tried removing r_ShadowJittering = 0.4 from the autoexec, shadows still remain the same :/. I'm guessing it's something to do with the ToD then?
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 09.03.2008, 14:04Posts: 557Location: Sweden Likes: 6

PostPosted 30.07.2011, 19:31 
By just judging from the photos it looks a bit too red :P It's looks like u have replaced all the "Blueish" colour to red instead wich make it looks kinda wierd in some places. But other than that it looks amazing :) Good work ^^