General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.06.2011, 10:26Posts: 12 Likes: 0

Post Topic: CryENGINE 3 iOS/Android Support
PostPosted 17.08.2011, 16:48 
Now that the Free SDK is out, will there be an Android and iPhone support with it and when, and what would the businesses model be for publishing to the stores

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.03.2011, 10:24Posts: 74 Likes: 3

Post Topic: Re: SDK is out, will there be iPhone and Android???
PostPosted 17.08.2011, 17:07 
i am really really sad !!!

all this waiting for nothing !

it seem that the sdk require internet connexion to work

i don't have internet access at home , what can i do ?!?!?!?!
User avatar   News Posters News PostersMember since: 04.12.2007, 03:23Posts: 11456Location: Hamar, NorwayStatus: Online Likes: 658

PostPosted 17.08.2011, 17:14 
http://crytek.com/news/crytek-releases- ... -of-charge
It says here that they will charge 20% of the revenue from sales.

It's also quite common to contact the developer (i.e Crytek) for business sales.

We have heard nothing about Android / iOS support.

PostPosted 17.08.2011, 19:26 
All that is great,
but it's hard for an indie developer to make money on a pc or console game,
iOS and Android, that's another game.
I was hoping mobile support would be there from the start
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 12.02.2008, 15:34Posts: 534Location: Turkey-Ankara Likes: 115

PostPosted 17.08.2011, 23:06 
Yeah yeah ! That is what I' ve been wondering about.

Me and my friends ( 4 in total) are making a shooter game for iOS but we have to use so- God damnable UDK :(

We would really like to see Cryengine in mobile platform game making business. :D
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.01.2010, 01:17Posts: 1146 Likes: 29

PostPosted 17.08.2011, 23:13 
They mentioned they had plans for it, though never that they were at the time developing for the mobile market. If they do, might be some time till its available. :)
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 02.07.2011, 05:10Posts: 127 Likes: 0

PostPosted 17.08.2011, 23:37 
Quote by idonov:
All that is great,
but it's hard for an indie developer to make money on a pc or console game,
iOS and Android, that's another game.
I was hoping mobile support would be there from the start

How do you figure? Plenty of developers making a lot of money both on console and PC. So I don't get that comment. You should rephrase it to "but it's hard for me to make money on a PC or console, therefore IOS and Android would be better for my personal preference."

I've seen countless developers make a lot of money both on the consoles and on the PC. All of them Indy.

Also just because you want support for a platform, doesn't mean it's hard to make money on it. That's just an excuse to validate your need for support on that particular platform.

PostPosted 17.08.2011, 23:55 
sorry, poor choice of words,I am new to all this
however,mobile is the new and fast growing market, and as crytek mentioned that they are thinking about mobile in the very early announcements.
I figured they will come thru with a mobile support also early on and be ahead of the game.
That would also attract new developers such as my self. I am new to game developing, but am modernly experienced programer and 3d artist, and mobile development is what got me interested in all this.I've looked at UDK and Unity and assumed Crytek will follow
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 02.07.2011, 05:10Posts: 127 Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.08.2011, 00:09 
Quote by idonov:
sorry, poor choice of words,I am new to all this
however,mobile is the new and fast growing market, and as crytek mentioned that they are thinking about mobile in the very early announcements.
I figured they will come thru with a mobile support also early on and be ahead of the game.
That would also attract new developers such as my self. I am new to game developing, but am modernly experienced programer and 3d artist, and mobile development is what got me interested in all this.I've looked at UDK and Unity and assumed Crytek will follow

Well keep in mind this is the first release. I'm sure they want to get the SDK a bit more stable and feature rich before they implement more platforms. All I can say is wait and see.
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.03.2010, 07:05Posts: 124 Likes: 0

PostPosted 18.08.2011, 00:34 
There are also non-game uses for an SDK like this - Virtual worlds, architectural display, training simulations, movie making - anywhere you want a high-end real time 3D rendering.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.08.2011, 18:00Posts: 11 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Mobile Device support (iPhone/iPad/Android)?
PostPosted 18.08.2011, 19:11 
Since no one asked until now I will :cheesy: :

Is there any kind of mobile support (openGL ES renderer) expected in the near future?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.11.2011, 10:36Posts: 32Location: Italy Likes: 0

Post Topic: Android
PostPosted 26.01.2012, 09:18 
Hello All I wanted to ask if CryEngine 3 SDK can develop games on the Android platform such as Android? for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime used NVIDA Tegra 3 and Processor Quad Core
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 17.07.2011, 04:14Posts: 585Location: The TyTilian Core Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: Android
PostPosted 26.01.2012, 10:46 
Sorry, it can't. It currently only supports PCs running Windows, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 26.12.2011, 03:56Posts: 157Location: The Netherlands Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Android
PostPosted 27.01.2012, 04:06 
the best way to go currently on android, i own the asus EEE transformer pad, is Unity. unreal has a game called dungeon defenders which you can download from the android market to check it out, but UDK for android is still in development, currently only supports iOS and PC.
Unity is free to a certain degree, and it's cross platform, you can check the tech demo called skycastle, which you can get from the android market, and the tech demo/game Angry Bots: if that game doesn't convince you, I don't know which engine can currently :P

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Angry coffee table flip attack!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 29.02.2012, 00:53Posts: 6 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Cryengine to export to play in i pod?
PostPosted 03.03.2012, 20:55 
Hello crytek,They forgive me my Englishman is bad, thank you very much for the cryengine liberates 3, my question is if I can make a game in cryengine 3 play it then in an ipod touch or ipad or algun, cellular android, I have one i pod and it wanted to be able to play what I do for my in cryengine 3, in my ipod