View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 19:40Posts: 2321Location: London, UK Likes: 1

Post Topic: Fully functional Crysis 2 ladder
PostPosted 22.07.2011, 13:39 
I created a usable ladder for Crysis 2. It works like a hybrid of Crysis ladder (Use text) and Half-Life series one (the mechanics of crouching up and down). The ladder if fully functional, and it is scripted to work dynamically - you can use it on every height, starting from the point you looking at on ladder. You can climb up and down, and when you reach any of ladder limits (upper or lower point), the player unattaches from ladder automatically. Also it plays corresponding sound effects.

Features:

• A fully functional working ladder
  • Works like a Half-Life 2 ladder with "Use" dialog
  • Allows player to climb up and down from any point the player uses it
  • Built with use of catching player Actions instead of Keys (will work on different control layouts just the same)
  • Does not require any setup (like placing entities or making gametokens)
  • Easy to set up the different climbing height
  • Automatically releases player when reaching the upper and lower points
  • Additional actions to release ladder - Jump and Use
  • Sound effects of climbing

Video:

Installation:

• Unrar the downloaded archive, then load the .grp file into your level by pressing Modify->Load Objects (in editor)
  • Place the objects group where you need
  • You can copy and paste the group wherever you need
  • Ungroup, change the the height of ladder and move upper tag point higher to adjust the climbing height
  • Ladder is a BasicEntity. To change the model, choose it and select another one in RollupBar
  • Additionally you can edit the entire flowgraph, it is fully commented

Download link:
ladder_by_Alex626_finished.rar
[4.16 KiB]
Downloaded 255 times

P.S. It was finished in last month, but because of server error, I could not post a new thread. When using in your levels, you should credit me.

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9884Location: Finland Likes: 189

Post Topic: Re: Fully functional Crysis 2 ladder
PostPosted 22.07.2011, 14:10 
So how is this different to Talvipakkanen's ladder? It still works with TagPoints and is not a new entity that would work by itself? Of course not needing to manually add a GameToken is a bonus. ;)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 19:40Posts: 2321Location: London, UK Likes: 1

PostPosted 22.07.2011, 15:20 
I don't know how much it is different, because I didn't download that one. My is working with tag points, yes, but only for easier set up up lower and upper points (basicly the points of movement between, and of auto release). The ladder is dynamic - so, wherever player is looking at the use range, he can attach to ladder and climb from that point. Also, it uses sounds.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 2

PostPosted 23.07.2011, 06:47 
at reading the Talvipakkanen's ladder post, look to be the same, maybe with a playerstagging to limit the view.

Just need to holster the weapon when using the ladder, or find someone who can import the crysis animation :p

But that look nice ! will try that later :p
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.04.2008, 16:48Posts: 44Location: Istanbul Likes: 1

PostPosted 06.08.2011, 08:53 
I will use this ladders on my maps thanks bro :)
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 19:04Posts: 377Location: italy,PR Likes: 3

PostPosted 12.08.2011, 14:10 
i can't understand why each time they remove the most useful (necessary) things....
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.02.2008, 17:20Posts: 5Location: Sweden Likes: 0

PostPosted 12.08.2011, 21:25 
Extremely useful, thanks!

Only problems I'm having are minor ones; no automatic dismounting while on the top of the ladder and that it's quite hard to get on it from the top. The first one may very well be for the better, to avoid accidental deaths due to the player failing to notice that he was at the top. Second one is a small annoyance.

But all in all; great work. ;)
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.11.2008, 05:22Posts: 86Location: Japan Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.08.2011, 06:20 
I ported the animation from the CryENGINE 3 SDK.

animation name
ladder_ClimbLoop_nw_01
ladder_ExitOffTop_nw_01
Attachments:

z_ladder_animations.zip
[201.85 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 2

PostPosted 21.08.2011, 23:50 
Maybe you can steel too the ladder Entity from the SDK and make it work in C2 Sb3

PostPosted 16.11.2011, 21:45 
No way to do that.