View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 24.08.2004, 01:34Posts: 123 Likes: 2

Post Topic: Released: First Build of Community-Wide Game
PostPosted 22.09.2011, 23:43 
Just released first build, which is more of a practice release and to get everyone excited, but we've implemented a third person camera, custom player model (no material), and a custom Skeleton AI entity in editor using the player model.

Click here to see article and download:
http://www.justmakegames.com/index.php/ ... -wide-game

I apologize if there are any issues, but you are the first to test :cheesy: I understand these changes are small, but if you support a free community game in hopes of better understanding CryEngine 3, and making this information more available to everyone, please let me know if everything works fine, and come say hello in IRC chat :) irc://irc.quakenet.org/justmakegames

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 14.03.2008, 21:31Posts: 1760 Likes: 38

Post Topic: Re: Released: First Build of Community-Wide Game
PostPosted 23.09.2011, 00:59 
that is awesome. Thanks for your work. I really hope you are going to really dive into the engine and make tutorials on how to achieve this code-wise.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 21

PostPosted 23.09.2011, 16:57 
Looking forward to the charachter set-up and import tut !

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 23.09.2009, 19:59Posts: 999 Likes: 29

PostPosted 24.09.2011, 01:48 
may i also request a tutorial on how to set up new fp arms maybe even with custom rig?

cheers

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.09.2011, 05:02Posts: 11 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 14:50 
What happened to the original production design of the cartoony bring an apple to grandpaw idea? This now looks like any other cryengine game and is no longer unique compared to how it looked before. I would suggest an art direction and production design that will make it stand out from the crowd of cryengine games and have a unique look and feel to it. As the game is looking now, I wont have any interest to play it when its finished.
I will still watch the tutorials though and hopefully will learn a lot from you guys.

I also have a lot of VERY high quality displacement maps I have created for another game, I would be willing to donate them to interested mod teams if there is any interest.

-Renwood
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 24.01.2008, 07:56Posts: 1040Location: Australia Likes: 4

PostPosted 03.10.2011, 06:03 
Quote by Renwood:
What happened to the original production design of the cartoony bring an apple to grandpaw idea? This now looks like any other cryengine game and is no longer unique compared to how it looked before. I would suggest an art direction and production design that will make it stand out from the crowd of cryengine games and have a unique look and feel to it. As the game is looking now, I wont have any interest to play it when its finished.

Maybe because its still running on the example level released with CE3?

PostPosted 05.10.2011, 09:08 
big fish, note that the custom player model that isnt cartoony at all.
Maybe its just a placeholder though. In some of the concepts that they showed on the website, there did not seem to be a uniform look to the production design. The WIP custom player model by bremen1984 for example. I was thinking I would be able to see those village huts in CE3 all their low poly glory! ~8^)
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 24.01.2008, 07:56Posts: 1040Location: Australia Likes: 4

PostPosted 05.10.2011, 11:04 
Did u watch the video muted? are u just in a good mood to **** stir ?
"custom player model, right now were just using a low poly human mesh for practice"

yes thats due to the project not have a solid idea or such behind it yet... as if u payed much attention to there site.. Everything there is open for discussion and ideas from the community, the concept popping up are mostly just random people chucking in an idea..
Instantly assuming that its going to be boring or cartoony due to a few very different pieces of concept art that were just throwing ideas out there is kinda being a prick.
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9884Location: Finland Likes: 189

PostPosted 05.10.2011, 11:39 
The custom player model has no texture, and is using the stock animations, running in the stock map... It's not much to judge the final art style by, is it? :P Might just as well be a placeholder model just to proof the asset pipeline.

Good to see you're getting your workflow right, that's some pretty nice progress right there considering the lifetime of the SDK so far! :)

PostPosted 06.10.2011, 06:37 
I am Deaf...so maybe that counts as muted?

I wont hold it against you big fish, maybe you just had a bad day because you found out "the cake" is a lie. ~8^)