View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 05.01.2009, 16:23Posts: 272Location: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia Likes: 0

Post Topic: MULTIPLAYER ZOMBIE MOD (I'm back)[UPDATE] 28/8/12
PostPosted 09.10.2011, 09:09 

Authors Message
Hello all, I was away for a few months after frustrations about the lack of Multiplayer Modding abilities with Crysis 2. Here I am again and by the look of things there is still only 1 released mod (build mod) for Multiplayer Crysis 2... which is sad.

Nonetheless I am back again looking to find a programmer to help me finish this mod.

Concept of the Mod:

First off you need to know this is a SMALL mod, and is really just a custom game-mode. When it is completed, players should be able to install it and play straight away without downloading massive files.

This mod has been in the workings since last year and is the first Multiplayer Zombie/Survival mod created for Crysis 2 and the Cryengine 3 as far as I know.

Now before you read further, I know what your thinking. Yes there have already been threads posted on zombie mods on the CE3 already, but IMO I just don't see them being completed and they are just ideas mixed in with a bunch of pointless models and guns to get you excited. Most, if not all of these Mods are also Singleplayer.

Battling it out against computer zombies is all well and fun but quickly gets predictable and just aint as thrilling as versing zombies played by real people.

This Mod is based loosely around previous zombie mods for other games. I was inspired mainly by the zomdb mod created for Call Of Duty 4 back in the day. This was my favorite mod of all time and I had so much fun and sleepless nights playing it. This small mod IMO was better and more fun than any full game actually dedicated to zombies like L4D.

Gameplay

At the beginning of the round, all players will spawn on the Hunters team (Marines) and will have a set number of seconds to go find a good spot to hide or camp. After that number of seconds, 1 random person from the Hunters team(US) will be selected to become the first zombie and switched to the other team (CELL) and begin the infection. Furthermore any player that joins after this or dies by any means will also spawn as a zombie.

Simply, the Zombie Teams goal is to kill all players of the Hunters team. Zombies cannot pickup or hold weapons and will only attack using melee which will be 1 shot kill. When a Hunter dies either as the result of being killed by a zombie or falling off a building, they will respawn as a Zombie.

When the Zombies have killed all players of the Hunters team, Zombies win the round. If the round time ends and there is atleast 1 player still left alive from the Hunters team, then Hunters win the round.

More Features Id like to eventually Integrate but are not essential
- The last Hunter left alive will gain higher health, regenerating health and possibly a powerful gun.
- Hunters will gain money from each kill and can purchase better weapons
- Players will have Ranks and unlock new items at higher levels
- Hunters will be able to deploy Mines which detonate when Zombies step on them
- Zombies will have some special abilities
- Zombies can throw skulls/knives/limbs etc..

Mod Team

The team currently consists of just me and a few testers. I am wanting to find a PROGRAMMER to help write the gamerules for this mod. If this one small task can be complete then the mod is 90% FINISHED !

I am thinking it will be easier to simply modify the Team Deathmatch rules seen as this mod is just based off that with some changes.

Here is a example of some custom gamerules if you need an idea of what to do:
http://www.crydev.net/wiki/index.php/Robbery_GametypeSample

Xx.ProGaMeR.xX : Mod Design, Game Designer, Level Designer, Texturer, Lighting Design, Sound Artist.

TESTERS

Pheonix
Jpear5000

RECRUTING

Although I am mainly looking for a programmer, I welcome anybody to the team who can help, wether it be Level Design, Marketing, Recruitment or Scripters. PM me if your keen and we will have something for you to do.

Testers: Whenever we make significant progress in this mod we will have testing sessions on our private server. If you would like to become a tester and be notified of our testing sessions, please inbox me.

Some of the work So Far/screenshots:

WIP Main menu, (Waiting for flash files to mod further)
Dedicated Server Successfully running this Custom Mod with clients connected (SURVIVAL Gamemode)
Spawning as a Hunter
WIP Zombie
How the teams will look (Hunters vs Zombies)
Dead Zombie

It's not alot, but its a good start.

Leave your ideas/Comments below (:

Hope you like the sound of this so far !

Last edited by Xx.ProGaMeR.xX on 28.08.2012, 11:35, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.07.2011, 01:13Posts: 13 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Multiplayer Zombie Mod (Hunters vs Zombies)
PostPosted 09.10.2011, 11:07 
A multiplayer mod!! :D
I think it could be the first multiplayer mod (Apart from BuildMod). I'm looking forward to it.

My english is not the best, I hope it's all understandable.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 05.01.2009, 16:23Posts: 272Location: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Multiplayer Zombie Mod (Hunters vs Zombies)
PostPosted 09.10.2011, 11:29 
Cheers dude (:
I'm pretty sure if I get help and finish this mod, it will probably be one of the most popular multiplayer mods between Crysis, Wars and Crysis 2.

Everyone likes zombies :p

It will be the first Multiplayer Zombie mod for the CE3

Post Topic: Re: Multiplayer Zombie Mod (Hunters vs Zombies) [UPDATE] 14/
PostPosted 14.10.2011, 15:45 
Ive added more stuff to the mod guys and ive uploaded some more screenshots.
I'm still in search of a Programmer to give a few hours of their time to help me finish this (:
Contact me if you are interested.

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9857Location: FinlandStatus: Online Likes: 172

PostPosted 14.10.2011, 17:06 
Would be neat to have the Zombies team player model be one of the infected characters in Crysis 2. :) Anyway, looks good so far - I like mods that show actual gameplay progress instead of just plans and models! ;)

PostPosted 15.10.2011, 02:03 
Yeah I really wanted the zombie character model to be one of the infected but unfortunately the infected civillian characters aren't rigged properly for Multiplayer and they also don't have any first person hand models :/
cause that would have been perfect haha

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9857Location: FinlandStatus: Online Likes: 172

PostPosted 15.10.2011, 15:05 
I'm sure it could be done. :) Someone released some custom civilian NPC models - I think they included the infected people as well - which have proper working animations - you could just ignore the first-person hands for now.

PostPosted 16.10.2011, 13:42 
Will have to try this out (:

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

PostPosted 16.10.2011, 23:54 
You could also take the marine model and do a head swap

PostPosted 17.10.2011, 03:36 
Could you tell me how to do that? thats a great idea
because it makes more sense because Hunters are marines, and when they die they turn into Marine zombies.
Also the infected heads look awesome because they already have blood dripping out of their mouth and stuff.

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 23.03.2011, 05:21Posts: 796Location: Alberta / Canada Likes: 12

PostPosted 17.10.2011, 06:47 
character editor

PostPosted 17.10.2011, 11:53 
Quote by Johnny Guitar:
character editor

Can the character editor be used for multiplayer too??

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.08.2011, 20:59Posts: 43 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.10.2011, 17:42 

Last edited by Perox on 09.06.2014, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted 21.10.2011, 21:05 
Quote by Xx.ProGaMeR.xX:
Quote by Johnny Guitar:
character editor

Can the character editor be used for multiplayer too??

I believe so.

PostPosted 24.10.2011, 15:10 
ill check it out and experiment (:
I'm still looking for a programmer btw guys..
I'm pretty sure what I need done is incredibly easy, just nobody has taken interest enough to offer their help :(