View unanswered posts | View active topics

Forum lockedPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9879Location: Finland Likes: 185

Post Topic: Re: The Increment - August Update
PostPosted 28.09.2011, 12:03 
Awesome work, I just browsed through your screenshot gallery and I've just got to say that if THIS doesn't shut up the people who are still yelling "Cryengine 2 is better than Cryengine 3" - I don't know what will... :P

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5483Location: British ColumbiaStatus: Online Likes: 163

PostPosted 29.09.2011, 06:11 
Quote by the_grim:
Awesome work, I just browsed through your screenshot gallery and I've just got to say that if THIS doesn't shut up the people who are still yelling "Cryengine 2 is better than Cryengine 3" - I don't know what will... :P

Wow, that's an amazing screenshot!
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 28.01.2009, 20:54Posts: 2050Location: Under Ruan's bed. Likes: 1

PostPosted 29.09.2011, 17:39 
We will be doing proper comparison shots when we've got the next update which show those differences even better.

CryDev's professional troll.

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 10.03.2008, 11:40Posts: 782Location: Italy Likes: 1

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 04:13 
Very very nice , are those all new assets or are some from the free sdk or the crysis game?
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 16.01.2011, 07:37Posts: 154Location: USA Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 11:48 
Quote by the_grim:

Dunno, maybe, it's just me, but the left shot looks better, more atmospheric. It's not a matter of which Engine is better.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 28.01.2009, 20:54Posts: 2050Location: Under Ruan's bed. Likes: 1

PostPosted 01.10.2011, 15:13 
Quote by Prometheus:
Very very nice , are those all new assets or are some from the free sdk or the crysis game?

All of our own, at least in the second image. First image, we've still got some stock Crysis assets.

Quote by Racemate:
Quote by the_grim:

Dunno, maybe, it's just me, but the left shot looks better, more atmospheric. It's not a matter of which Engine is better.

Fraid it is in this case - the particle effects and lighting for starters, mainly the weather effects (like fog and rain) are vastly improved on CE3. If we put the same effects of lights from the CE3 scene into CE2, the performance would be horrible. Plus, the first shot is from the very early build.

Key things are the lighting differences, they're more realistic in CE3. We'll have a bunch of comparison shots as part of our next update.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 16.01.2011, 07:37Posts: 154Location: USA Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.10.2011, 09:09 
Quote by Squiggers:
Quote by Racemate:

Fraid it is in this case - the particle effects and lighting for starters, mainly the weather effects (like fog and rain) are vastly improved on CE3. If we put the same effects of lights from the CE3 scene into CE2, the performance would be horrible. Plus, the first shot is from the very early build.

Key things are the lighting differences, they're more realistic in CE3. We'll have a bunch of comparison shots as part of our next update.

If you wanna put it this way, then you are right. But I was talking about overall feeling which is delivered by each of the shots.

PostPosted 02.10.2011, 15:19 
Quote by Racemate:
If you wanna put it this way, then you are right. But I was talking about overall feeling which is delivered by each of the shots.

I know what you mean, but it might just be that particular shot. I'll get a better comparison shot when the SDK update hits. :happy:

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 20

PostPosted 12.11.2011, 03:27 

Last edited by ultranew_b on 17.12.2011, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 14.03.2008, 21:31Posts: 1760 Likes: 38

PostPosted 12.11.2011, 12:57 
looks very good. I like the gasmask models

Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 15:04Posts: 817Location: Bordeaux, France Likes: 9

PostPosted 13.11.2011, 01:06 
Superb update ! Keep it up
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 21.10.2009, 19:52Posts: 545Location: Slovakia, EU Likes: 6

PostPosted 15.11.2011, 10:11 
Awesome ! Maybe I missed it, but is your game standalone based on FreeSDK or is it C2 MOD ? Thx
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2008, 00:21Posts: 1019Location: N.Lincolnshire Likes: 1

PostPosted 16.11.2011, 03:10 
Free SDK now.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.04.2008, 19:58Posts: 2376Location: London, England Likes: 0

PostPosted 17.11.2011, 19:03 
Great news about the merger guys! Will be interesting to see what two of the biggest teams on this website can do together.

Post Topic: The Increment - November Update
PostPosted 28.11.2011, 14:09 

Merger:
If you’ve visited the Increment’s twitter page or the Iron Wolf Studios site recently, you may have noticed something – we’ve merged with the delightful chaps from Ink Studios. We’ve decided to do this for a number of reasons:

• Iron Wolf Studios had a relatively large number of artists, but lacked in coders, wheras Ink Studios had more coders but lacked artists.
  • We both had similar features planned for our projects.
  • We’re both just so awesome, we thought we could be even more awesome and blow the communities’ minds if we merged together.

In all seriousness, we decided to merge the two teams together as we could be a lot more productive with the two teams working together on one project. We’re currently still hammering out the details on where the Increment will be going, and what features it’ll have.

Multiplayer:
We've got some changes in the way we're doing the singleplayer and multiplayer portions of the game, with 2 different "core" gameplay modes in the pipeline:

• Team Versus
  • Total War

For now, thats all I can reveal - we'll have more in an article soon, as we're still hammering the features out for the gameplay modes.

Campaign:
For the campaign, all I'll say for now is that we're taking some influence from Borderlands in regards to character mechanics, character choice, and co-op. From what we've got so far, we think it'll be a fantastic way to build on each characters extensive backstory, and develop their skills throughout the game. The co-op element allows players to play through the main story with their friends - but the campaign will be structured in such a way that you can play with your friends, or with yourself. (Tehe). More on the singleplayer & campaign plans soon!

Media:
As an example of some of the work since we merged, we’ve got some of Iron Wolf Studios’ past media and got it into engine to show you our progress, alongside some new work. (Click on the images to see them at full size on ModDB)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Recruitment:

We're currently looking for people to join the Ink Studios team in the following roles (Click the links for the job descriptions):

If you’re interested in working with us, please e-mail your resume/examples of your work to jobs@inkdev.net and someone will get back to you as soon as possible!

That’s all for this article guys, we’ll be back soon with more news for you – keep watching our ModDB page, twitter feeds @inkdev and @The_Increment, our brand spanking new Youtube and newFacebook pages, and the Ink Studios site to see exclusive media first, before anywhere else.

Related Links:

-Ink Studios