View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.11.2007, 07:21Posts: 152Location: Savannah, Georgia Likes: 1

Post Topic: VENERANCE Announced - Halo Mod
PostPosted 17.01.2012, 08:37 
venerate: to regard or treat with reverence; revere.

Origin:
1615–25;
Latin venerātus, past participle of venerārī to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere, verbal derivative of vener-, stem of venus, presumably in its original sense “desire”; see Venus)

VENERANCE: an in-progress CryEngine 3 Modification for fans of Halo's extended fiction that has long, long been in pre-production, finally being announced to CryDev and the world on 1/17 of 2012.

Venerance is for the fans, by the fans, and in tribute to the human beings that brought and bring us the Halo universe we know and love, Bungie Studios and 343 Industries.

It is based on Σ Octanus IV, and will put the player in the shoes of a member of Blue Team as they make landfall and seek to carry out their objectives.

I'd love to tell you more, but you'll have to wait for more love until Valentine's Day. :)

On that day, we will begin open recruitment for Contributors and Participants in this project, for whoever wants to help make this happen. For now, I leave you with these images created by some of Halo.Bungie.Org's lurkers and regulars. ;)

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1967Location: Czech Republic Likes: 49

Post Topic: Re: VENERANCE Announced - Halo Mod
PostPosted 18.01.2012, 23:38 
Those drawings looks glorious! Hope this mode will be available to download at one day :)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 20

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 00:08 
Looks cool, Halo with cryengine 3 could be awesome, i would go for a dark, gritty look, make it look like a next gen halo game. Anyways, good luck.

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 01.11.2007, 07:21Posts: 152Location: Savannah, Georgia Likes: 1

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 16:29 
@ iSqueezee: Thanks! Me too! ;p

If you'd like to contribute whatever it is that you can contribute (you could help test it, look for bugs, for example) then you're more than welcome to! More info on Valentine's Day!

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 16:33 
@Magnum: Thank ya! Dark and gritty, eh, maybe not so much. Think more of a mix between the Crysis 1 approach to realism in the jungle, and Halo's iconic style. Now, augment it further with a more detailed take on the way things work in the military (for example: in Halo 1/2 etc you do not see a SPARTAN with a magazine for his weapon anywhere on his body, he just pulls it out of thin air whenever he reloads) and you're on the right track. Can't wait to show you more! Keep an eye out on Valentine's Day!
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1967Location: Czech Republic Likes: 49

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 16:43 
Yes, I would like to test it :)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 20

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 20:25 
Quote by AngelicLionheart:
@Magnum: Thank ya! Dark and gritty, eh, maybe not so much. Think more of a mix between the Crysis 1 approach to realism in the jungle, and Halo's iconic style. Now, augment it further with a more detailed take on the way things work in the military (for example: in Halo 1/2 etc you do not see a SPARTAN with a magazine for his weapon anywhere on his body, he just pulls it out of thin air whenever he reloads) and you're on the right track. Can't wait to show you more! Keep an eye out on Valentine's Day!

Okay, sounds good. Also, now that I think about it, dark and gritty woudn't really be halo would it ? Also, will it have a multiplayer ?

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 20:32 
Quote by TheMagnumman357:

Okay, sounds good. Also, now that I think about it, dark and gritty woudn't really be halo would it ? Also, will it have a multiplayer ?

This is posted in Mods section. Not a Games. So I guess it will be a mod right?

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 21:36 

Nope, no multiplayer. Singleplayer only. One mission. We're just going to pour ourselves into that one mission so that's it's as awesome as we can possibly make it. :) Lots of details to include. And by lots, I kind of mean a lot of lots.

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 21:38 
Quote by iSqueezee:

This is posted in Mods section. Not a Games. So I guess it will be a mod right?

Aye, aye. A mod, not a full-on game.

PostPosted 19.01.2012, 23:24 

Nope, no multiplayer. Singleplayer only. One mission. We're just going to pour ourselves into that one mission so that's it's as awesome as we can possibly make it. :) Lots of details to include. And by lots, I kind of mean a lot of lots.

Ok cool

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 29.04.2009, 21:39Posts: 647Location: England Likes: 17

PostPosted 20.01.2012, 23:25 
Hey lionheart!

PostPosted 21.01.2012, 20:01 
Quote by =SW=warlord:
Hey lionheart!

Hey, Warlord! :D

Not too much longer now... ;]
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 24.10.2010, 01:28Posts: 53 Likes: 1

PostPosted 22.01.2012, 02:31 
Nice. I just hope you don't lean on ripped assets like the other crysis Halo projects. Or, you know die like the others.

I really want to see this to the end. It's about bloody time one of these gets started and actually finishes.

in terms of crits, I never liked the "breasted" incarnation of the mjolnir armor. It just seems really ridiculous. It only looked good on Robocop.

If it could be more like Halo CE or Reach (or what we've seen of Halo 4), I'd like it way more.

PostPosted 22.01.2012, 03:41 
Quote by xalener:
Nice. I just hope you don't lean on ripped assets like the other crysis Halo projects. Or, you know die like the others.

I really want to see this to the end. It's about bloody time one of these gets started and actually finishes.

in terms of crits, I never liked the "breasted" incarnation of the mjolnir armor. It just seems really ridiculous. It only looked good on Robocop.

If it could be more like Halo CE or Reach (or what we've seen of Halo 4), I'd like it way more.

Thanks!

Heh, no ripped assets at all, actually. :) That's kind of a big no-no as far as the powers that be are concerned.

I'm actually a big fan of the chestplate seen on the cover of the new Fall of Reach. That's what we're going for, we've still not quite nailed down the details yet. But that's why they call it pre-production, of course. :) See it here: http://www.panmacmillan.com.au/cover2/9780765328328.jpg

Everyone's ideas on aesthetics differs, but to me it just makes sense to have the armor be shaped similarly to the way the human body is naturally shaped; that is to say, it should be easier or more intuitive to operate the armor if you're already used to operating your own body. Also, the more armored plate, the better, you saw what happened to Sam-034 in the book.

Apart from that, I think it also just helps accentuate the "heroic" look.

Either way, though, we're glad to hear your thoughts! We'll be looking to openly recruit participants and contributors starting on Valentine's Day!