View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

Post Topic: [Dark Craft Studios] Triptych -- 2013 Update!
PostPosted 02.01.2012, 01:59 

Triptych brings players through a Lovecraftian inspired tale of two brothers, and their history in the occult and esoteric; of cosmic horror, and an Elder God worshiped by a sect of vicious Necromancers. A lost civilization of Sarcon cursed since time immemorial, and themes such as predestination, fatalism and nihilism are touched upon in a story that caters to fans of "Weird Fiction".

Triptych is developed and lead by C-zom, and written by Dark Craft Studios. Excruciating detail through multiple years of development is being poured into the level design, games design, and writing department in order to establish a story of utmost maturity and thematic accuracy.

II

Triptych was conceived by Glenn Winkelmann Jr (C-zom), author of The Worry of Newport. He was the Lead Writer behind the penning of Triptych, with Ian Wiese (Dr. Doozer, primarily of VA fame) brought on board about midway through as Secondary/Assistant Writer to help further conceptualize and assist in growing the story, as well as to assist rewriting countless drafts. The protracted writing cycle took over a year, with numerous minor and major revisions credited to Seaglass and Maarten Basjes as well, resulting in a finished product numbering over 30 pages of written and spoken material.

Every square inch of the level design is done entirely by Glenn Winkelmann Jr. (C-zom), as well as games design and programming. In this vein it is, technically, a solo project, but it is being 'published' by his group at Dark Craft Studios for cataloging purposes.
II

Triptych's protracted writing cycle was lead by C-zom in conception and actual writing, storyboard assistance and construction, creative think tanking, and varied contributions by Ian Wiese. Seaglass and Maarten Basjes have contributed immense revisions and redrafts of whole or minor portions of the script as dual editors, resulting in a finished product numbering over 50 pages of written and spoken word.

III

Despite being 'published' by Dark Craft Studios, it is actually a solo project by C-zom.

C-zom - Sole Developer & Level Designer | Lead Writer |
Dr.Doozer - Secondary & Assistant Writer
KillerTruffle - Voice Actor - Jeremiah
Edwyn Tiong - Voice Actor - Dorian Caulm
StygianWhite - Lead Composer

Special Thanks to!

James Dean - Bonus Tracks Composer
Alan Grant - Graphics Artist (All Book Papers)

Last edited by C-zom on 22.07.2013, 20:02, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.05.2008, 23:34Posts: 532Location: New Jersey Likes: 18

Post Topic: Re: Dark Craft Studios Presents: Triptych
PostPosted 02.01.2012, 01:59 
Media

Last edited by C-zom on 22.07.2013, 20:05, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.02.2011, 19:43Posts: 32Location: France Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.01.2012, 11:52 
It looks promising, especially when we know the quality of your previous projects.
So, I'm waiting for the release of the first chapter. In a few days, I assume.

PostPosted 03.02.2012, 04:11 
Triptych - Chapter I is released. I'd love to hear what you guys think of it. It's 30 minutes long and immensely artistic and polished.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/triptych
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 12.09.2011, 07:19Posts: 3 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.02.2012, 10:17 
loved it dude. same feeling as worry of Newport which was great to, cant wait for chapter 2

PostPosted 03.02.2012, 20:37 
Thanks man. I'm glad you liked it. :D
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 13:25Posts: 759Location: Russia, MoskowStatus: Online Likes: 34

PostPosted 03.02.2012, 23:43 
I like atmosphere :)

Stick here: http://i.imgur.com/rZIcv.jpg - what i need to do? Door not opens and with my low level of english language i cant get that to do next.

PostPosted 04.02.2012, 10:48 
When you walk up to the door, your character asks a man to open up. Your character gives up, realizing he's probably drunk (Its a holiday, as mentioned in the first book page in your house earlier)

From here, you go to the shed. You have to pull down the box blocking your way into the side of the shed, and walk in and walk towards the shovel. The story will continue from there.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 27.02.2008, 01:31Posts: 463 Likes: 0

PostPosted 04.02.2012, 19:40 
Much more refined than the previous games/gameplay. No problem with the book or triggers that I noticed. You're getting better at this. I didn't find the slightest bug playing Triptych.

Only problem is, that it ended just as I felt I was getting into the game. I know... it was only part 1.

PostPosted 04.02.2012, 22:15 
I'm really glad to hear that. All the teething problems I had in Newport are gone, and I'm working with a really good set of flowgraph, trigger, and level design principles that I think will carry the Triptych series without much of a hitch or bug at all. :) I'm glad to finally be over the hill of the learning process.

Aye. It can be a bit of a downer, but Chapter 1 tells the story it needs to. Jeremiah, a bit of his past, his resolution to facing the curse rather than running forever, and his final confrontation in the crypts. Chapter 2 will expand on the backstory tremendously and be about twice the length, and Chapter 3 down the road will also be about 50 minutes and will conclude the story by showing just why he was cursed. Once the whole miniseries is put together, it'll be a very long and interesting experience I hope.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.04.2008, 13:25Posts: 759Location: Russia, MoskowStatus: Online Likes: 34

PostPosted 05.02.2012, 00:32 
C-zom - thanks, it helps pass. Now mod finished - well, good story and nice snow effects :). Whaiting for part two!

PostPosted 15.02.2012, 08:58 
Chapter 1 has had positive reviews, gaining about 450 downloads and an 8.7/10 two weeks after its release. Chapter II will be released April 1st. Here is a teaser screenshot.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.08.2011, 16:30Posts: 156Location: Lazytown Likes: 6

PostPosted 16.03.2012, 23:16 
Its looks awesome, are you using World machine or what?

NItimur In Vetinum

PostPosted 23.05.2012, 19:12 
Wow, how'd I let this topic die? I feel silly, since this is Dark Craft Studio's second revolving door project, under Sapience.

No we don't use world machine. I use geocontrol2, GIMP, and Blender for all my custom assets. The former I used for the free trial, and rendered about 250 heightmaps before it expired to use in all my mods. The latter two are free programs. :)

Two new screenshots are here for you guys, and a teaser for the first chapter.

Trainee TraineeMember since: 09.12.2008, 18:51Posts: 108 Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.05.2012, 00:15 
Wow! This is really promising. I love the indoor cutscene of your teaser, it reminds me somewhat of the diablo III one. :P