View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11253Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 837

Post Topic: Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark
PostPosted 13.02.2012, 15:39 
Oooh dunno, I think I prefer the previous logo. New character has nice chompers :D

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5501Location: British Columbia Likes: 171

PostPosted 13.02.2012, 18:11 
Quote by Cry-Adam:
Oooh dunno, I think I prefer the previous logo. New character has nice chompers :D

Oh noes, why do you prefer the previous one? I'm guess it might be because of the colours.
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 11253Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 837

PostPosted 16.02.2012, 12:48 
Just prefer the way the "Revenge of the Dark" is done in some kind of cryptic neon glow, better themed, i think. The yellow is just "fun". I think the new logo would be better suited to a game about the stone age, rather than a colourful, fun game like Rayman.

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5501Location: British Columbia Likes: 171

PostPosted 20.02.2012, 20:11 
Quote by Cry-Adam:
Just prefer the way the "Revenge of the Dark" is done in some kind of cryptic neon glow, better themed, i think. The yellow is just "fun". I think the new logo would be better suited to a game about the stone age, rather than a colourful, fun game like Rayman.

I see the truth in that. However, I do plan to bring sort of a very dark mystical feeling in the background, so having it all bright an colourful wouldn't always work, even though that may be the outside appearance. I do find the neon blue glow quite attractive like you said, but it doesn't quite do the global atmosphere of this game justice in the way I would want it to, if you know what I mean. The logo comes up in the title screen rendered in the engine, so it will also have the forest colours bouncing off it, giving it a more vibrant look.

On a side-note, I finished the Lac-Mac model:

It took two **** hours to model his hand. :)

Yes, I know his ears in the second picture are far too high poly, I'll fix that, this is just a slightly older wireframe shot, as you can tell by the detached hand.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 06.01.2009, 16:43Posts: 1051Location: England Likes: 1

PostPosted 23.02.2012, 13:18 
Looks good so far! Do you plan on releasing this eventually?

Solanum is back - Artifex Games

PostPosted 24.02.2012, 01:08 
Quote by JasperHope:
Looks good so far! Do you plan on releasing this eventually?

I do indeed, though since I'm working on it being quite a lengthy and high quality production, I'm guessing it may be finished between 2016-2018.

I've finished texturing Lac-Mac, and I've also made the arms a bit shorter since they were ridiculously long before:

Now lets compare that to the first bit of the model I showed on the RaymanPC IRC:

Here's three new tracks for the soundtrack. If you only want to listen to one, then listen to the second:

1. "Penumbra Ocean: Down Low Discovery" - 0:00
2. "Introduction Sequence 2" - 5:45
3. "The Final Act: Phase Five (Final Aerial Fight)" - 8:50

I've also decided to update the first post by just quoting what I've posted on RaymanPC, because doing both differently is a pain.

EDIT:

I actually improved him more by editing the colours, and improving the eyes, nose and ears textures, plus I made the ears a little more inconsistent to look more membranous:

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 28.07.2011, 12:22Posts: 550Location: Hong Kong, and sometimes mainland China Likes: 3

PostPosted 07.03.2012, 15:53 
hey RayFan, kudos, I watched your gameplay video... looks really nice!

:easter:

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 09.03.2012, 03:25Posts: 1Location: Spain Likes: 0

PostPosted 09.03.2012, 03:49 
A great job overall, but I particularly love the music.

PostPosted 10.03.2012, 04:34 
Thanks WhiteNorthStar and Rompeconejos. :)
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.03.2012, 08:51Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 22.03.2012, 04:49 
Love it, you have become my Inspiration!

I'm gonna bug you later about how you achieved that Cartoony effect!

PostPosted 25.03.2012, 09:26 
Quote by TesterStorm:
Love it, you have become my Inspiration!

I'm gonna bug you later about how you achieved that Cartoony effect!

Haha, thanks! And sure, bug me all you want, I love answering questions. :)

- There's a download at the bottom of this update -

I have a few new things for showcase, such as this piranha that I modeled that the lovely Spanex textured:

She also created these moons for me:

which are based off of the ones from Rayman 2:

I also modeled these palm trees:

AND LASTLY, download the first stresstest! Unfortunately you don't play as Rayman (as his entire scripting was left on my hard drive that's currently in for a recovery), but rather as the standard FPS character. It's just a small, detailed environmental area you can walk around in to test the performance:

http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 59#p663559

I sort of wrote the instructions for dummies, since most of the people on the Pirate-Community obviously wouldn't be accustomed to game design and CryEngine. Ignore the part about emailing me for a username and password, as it's been saved for global sharing.

If you tried it, tell me what you think! :)
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.04.2008, 03:39Posts: 568 Likes: 77

PostPosted 28.03.2012, 02:44 
Hey, would lvoe to try out your performance test but the link to forum is currently down. If you can perhaps repost in some fashion I would love to see your accomplishment!

PostPosted 28.03.2012, 20:46 
Quote by Dictator93:
Hey, would lvoe to try out your performance test but the link to forum is currently down. If you can perhaps repost in some fashion I would love to see your accomplishment!

The forum's back up. ;) Sorry, there was a temporary server crash.
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 07:29 
Quote by RayFan9876:
temporary server crash

:D  a perfect professional excuse  :P

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -

PostPosted 30.03.2012, 00:00 
Quote by Talvipakkanen:
Quote by RayFan9876:
temporary server crash

:D  a perfect professional excuse  :P

The worst part about it is that the forum lost five days worth of data, during which many posts of substantial value were made.