View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 14.03.2008, 21:31Posts: 1743 Likes: 28

Post Topic: Re: Cry-Styves' Diary of a Madman (Version 0.9 released)
PostPosted 05.03.2012, 18:58 
and the shadercache.pak in the Crysis/game/directory. Fixed white trees for me.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.08.2011, 16:30Posts: 147Location: Lazytown Likes: 2

PostPosted 05.03.2012, 19:43 
THanks!!!!
Its works :cheesy: :love: :puppy: :rolleyes: :P :p

These shaders make the game feel like like current gen, not 07 gen.

NItimur In Vetinum
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.05.2011, 07:03Posts: 23 Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.03.2012, 06:08 
congratulations man.. really these are god change for the game

hi steves.. i have 2 questions..
how can i made taha camera motion blur is going to be more sensitive, and
how can i made another tod for your app..more ambient.... well.. you now.. like the extreme inmersive mod 89more realistic ambient tod..

thanks!!
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 25.08.2011, 16:30Posts: 147Location: Lazytown Likes: 2

PostPosted 09.03.2012, 20:01 
Shader work even on demo but there are some dark textures, egdy clouds and shiny frogs.(clouds and dark textures are in demo but the frog is in the full game.)
Attachments:

crysis 2012-03-06 20-38-40-281.jpg
crysis 2012-03-07 07-23-36-776.jpg
Crysis 2012-03-05 18-50-24-007.jpg

NItimur In Vetinum
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 24.08.2010, 23:08Posts: 3 Likes: 0

PostPosted 09.03.2012, 20:04 
excellent work! Shaders work like a charm. Only noticed one bug: Reddot and Sniperscope don´t seem to work anymore (no reddot or crosshair). ACOG works fine though. Tried it in Editor as well as ingame. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: Crysis patched to 1.21 of course; will try the demo though (see post above, everything seems ok over there... ?( )

PostPosted 09.03.2012, 20:13 
Nk got square things on their torches. Might fix the projectet texture. Got somthing similar in ce3 while projecting a texture trough a point light shafts.
Edit - The texture and cloud thing doenst make a difference between demo and full game cause its the same level and assets.
Attachments:

Crysis 2012-03-09 19-09-36-512.jpg

NItimur In Vetinum
User avatar   THE Shader Guy THE Shader GuyMember since: 11.09.2008, 21:08Posts: 3046Location: Frankfurt Likes: 47

PostPosted 10.03.2012, 12:38 
Quote by mr nopro:
Shader work even on demo but there are some dark textures, egdy clouds and shiny frogs.(clouds and dark textures are in demo but the frog is in the full game.)

Edgy clouds are from 8-bit textures with insufficient precision. AFAIK this problem was always there but maybe less noticeable? Either way it's just banding from the texture.

For dark textures it's possible I missed a few places in the code to convert textures to linear space or am doing it twice. or maybe the diffuse color is too dark now due to the linear space (187,187,187 should be the new grey, not 127,127,127). As for the lightshaft... I have no idea.

I will take look when I have time.

The frog is probably due to the rim lighting on the shader being too strong. Since some shaders had some rewritting old assets might not look proper (these were designed for screenshots/new mods/machinema, afterall).

Maybe someone (or me if I have time) can go through the broken materials and fix them. ;)

PostPosted 11.03.2012, 00:00 
The picture is to show egdy skys, not a bug with the sun

NItimur In Vetinum
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.02.2011, 14:30Posts: 8 Likes: 0

PostPosted 11.03.2012, 09:31 
Hello again Xz.. err Styves :p Just popping in to say thanks for releasing your shaders!

I've played around with them and they are excellent and much improved on since the last dump i had my hands on :happy: For me however, i'm experiencing an issue under DX10 where all foliage appears to not have textures. I forgot to grab a screenshot but all foliage appears to be THIS COLOUR Any idea what could be causing it?

I think its an issue confined to DX10 as everything works fine under DX9 and also DX9 with the "DX10 tweaks" applied too.

System Spec's:
AMD Phenom II X3 740 (Limited chip, its my backup. Normal is 1090T)
ATI HD5870 (X2 but xfire disabled for testing)
8GB GSkill Ripjaws.

I run the game in Devmode, and the issue remains with or without a custom config or textures. All shader files have been deleted where appropriate.

Thanks!

Edit: Played through the SP. It appears many effects are missing in DX10, but everything works Nice in DX9. There are however 2 main issues.

1) SO MUCH DOF Blurr!!! i have to constantly scope in to see anything. Surgically removing that using ColorgradingDOF=0 makes it far too clean though, so im not sure what can be done. Perhaps increase the range at which "blur" is applied slightly?

2) I think it could be the lense flares, but certain lights just blind you completely with a white screen. An example of this is in the first cutscene of the SP where the alien core Opens. The game becomes unplayable due to this at times (such as fleet in the final fight against the alien ship). Flashlights also have this same effect, you are blinded by it.

Just some feedback after play-testing, ill be sure to post any other findings ;)

PostPosted 12.03.2012, 08:15 
Quote by SenitaL:
Hello again Xz.. err Styves :p Just popping in to say thanks for releasing your shaders!

I've played around with them and they are excellent and much improved on since the last dump i had my hands on :happy: For me however, i'm experiencing an issue under DX10 where all foliage appears to not have textures. I forgot to grab a screenshot but all foliage appears to be THIS COLOUR Any idea what could be causing it?

I think its an issue confined to DX10 as everything works fine under DX9 and also DX9 with the "DX10 tweaks" applied too.

System Spec's:
AMD Phenom II X3 740 (Limited chip, its my backup. Normal is 1090T)
ATI HD5870 (X2 but xfire disabled for testing)
8GB GSkill Ripjaws.

I run the game in Devmode, and the issue remains with or without a custom config or textures. All shader files have been deleted where appropriate.

Thanks!

Edit: Played through the SP. It appears many effects are missing in DX10, but everything works Nice in DX9. There are however 2 main issues.

1) SO MUCH DOF Blurr!!! i have to constantly scope in to see anything. Surgically removing that using ColorgradingDOF=0 makes it far too clean though, so im not sure what can be done. Perhaps increase the range at which "blur" is applied slightly?

2) I think it could be the lense flares, but certain lights just blind you completely with a white screen. An example of this is in the first cutscene of the SP where the alien core Opens. The game becomes unplayable due to this at times (such as fleet in the final fight against the alien ship). Flashlights also have this same effect, you are blinded by it.

Just some feedback after play-testing, ill be sure to post any other findings ;)

Have you deleted the cache in my games/crysis and in the crysis/game folder.
I do usually do backup before using this shaders. Thats should fix some issues but not all im affraid.

NItimur In Vetinum
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 05.02.2011, 14:30Posts: 8 Likes: 0

PostPosted 12.03.2012, 09:29 
Edit:

It appears i forgot to delete the shadercache file itself, silly oversight, i was sure i already did because i deleted the shader file, and regularly delete the cache folder after installing mods or tweaking things. The missing texture issue is resolved now, thanks. But some effects are still missing under DX10, ill see if i can pin them all down.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 12.04.2011, 12:32Posts: 9Location: Yuba City, CA Likes: 0

PostPosted 19.03.2012, 10:01 
Hey man , this is fantastic!

It worked without a hitch for me in Crysis 1 (DX10+a bunch of mods and CVar tweaks,after I made sure to remove the old version and delete my shadercache) (Edit: Mostly, at first I had the Dot-sight Texture bug where it would just be a all red and flicker, making it unusable. In the old version I had to delete a Texture within the Shader.PAK to fix it. In this one, I Deleted the texture and then repacked that texture in the same spot and it fixed it . The Dot-sight texture looks really nice!)

Looks great!

Then I tried to get it to work with Warhead.

When I recently played through Crysis 1 I used your last version and it worked great/fine. I tried to get that one to work with Warhead but it would just give a constant black artifacting across the screen with Motionblur or something. So I gave up.

I tried this one with Warhead and low and behold, It actually worked!
But performance seems to not work right(lots of stuttering)

and all of the ground textures look like this (FPS is 29, because I have it limited to 30 via Afterburner. Using 32-Bit because when I last played it I used FXAA. Have it disabled in the screen below)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1965Location: Czech Republic Likes: 44

PostPosted 20.03.2012, 19:12 
Im just going to the store to buy Crysis just because of these shaders! :))

So, I am kind lazy as everyone to read all 110 pages so my question is simple. How do I install these shaders to make them work?
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.12.2007, 19:42Posts: 640 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.03.2012, 01:04 
Put them in the Crysis/Game folder, go to documents > My games > Crysis > Shaders and delete the Cache.

Launch the game, start a level and wait for them to rebuild then play.

Nice job releasing fixed shaders Styves. One problem though, Volumetric lights seem to be messed up. They are super duper bright and all one color.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2018Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 48

PostPosted 22.03.2012, 09:21 
So long way, and finally you've done it! Congratulations Styves && XZero :))

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!