View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.06.2011, 09:25Posts: 42 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Making strange Sun Parths
PostPosted 14.03.2012, 14:48 
I Know that this is a strange question but I was trying to get the sun to go round and round the skybox like it would in summer on either of the poles of Earth were it is light for 1/2 of the year.

I couldn't manage to do this as the sun would always set at some point :(

Then I got to thinking would it be possible to make a custom path for the sun?? Could I get it to do a loop the loop or maybe make 2 suns or something in the sky.

I guess I would like to know if anyone has played around or knows how to play around with the red arrow line representing the path of the sun in the lighting tool window (view pane).

I am guessing that there may be another way of doing this by animating a skybox? or creating a big ball with texture and another sun light source attached to the inside of it that I could then animate?? but I have no idea about that.

If anyone can point me in the way of any instructions that would be awesome.

Thanks

Listerofsmeg

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 10.04.2011, 23:37Posts: 302 Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Making strange Sun Parths
PostPosted 14.03.2012, 18:26 
Have you tried setting the 'Current Time' settings in the Time of Day editor?
Attachments:

PostPosted 15.03.2012, 06:31 
Yep I tried that. but no matter what i do when i hit play and start the sun moving it always sets.

PostPosted 15.03.2012, 13:42 
Wow this is annoying I don't think there is a way to make a 2nd sun.. Maybe UDK would work better.